Can anyone on xbox lend a hand? Mission assistance = 'Stopover' system

Calling all independent pilots of the pilots federation!

I have a black box salvage mission to increase my standing with a paticular faction. I know as soon as I jump out of cruise I'll get jumped by a bunch of ships.

Any assistance would be handy to keep potential threats off my back. Either a combat pilot, multicrew assistance heck even a wall of Type-9s ☺

Gamertag is same as on here 'Rebel RDX'

Sorry, but I'm packing in for the night. Was at soem guardian sites anyway.
But You won't get "jumped" (upon) until you open the cargo hatch.
Get the max possible drone controller (s), send out the drones with each their black boxes targeted and leave the cargo door closed until every drone is waiting to unload. Ignore their pleading until then.
Open the hatch, you will hear the first jump signatures, close the hatch and step on the gas.

Sorry, but I'm packing in for the night. Was at soem guardian sites anyway.
But You won't get "jumped" (upon) until you open the cargo hatch.
Get the max possible drone controller (s), send out the drones with each their black boxes targeted and leave the cargo door closed until every drone is waiting to unload. Ignore their pleading until then.
Open the hatch, you will hear the first jump signatures, close the hatch and step on the gas.
Good tips, thank you!

Also worth mentioning - in case you aren't aware - that so long as you don't get destroyed, you don't need to get all the black boxes from one signal source, get one, close hatch etc, boost away and jump to SC, another mission signal source will spawn not too far away, drop in and repeat as often as you need.

The pirates that drop in on those missions (they don't always) are somewhat overpowered, at least for the Elite level missions and start shooting the moment they drop in. I used to use a Cobra MkIII, fast enough to get away and complete the missions as I described above. Not the greatest design IMO, but that is a way to get them done.

Thanks for the advice last night. I managed to pull the mission off absolutely text book, I ended up using the Donaldi manoeuvre in the end but I'll keep your tactics in mind for next time Faded G as I can see them being handy.

As luck would have it, it ended up being the final mission required to get me enough rep to access the permit locked Luyten prison colony!

I made my way into the system to park up for the night, but ended up engaged in a bit of a scrap with an expert rated Cobra III.

I was flying my Cobra IV, and not wanting to back down from this immediate attitude test at a prison colony (of all places) so I slipped out of the interdiction on purpose, and just absolutely went for it against the mark 3.

It ended up being a really good fight, it took me a couple of shots to get my eye in with the fixed canon again but it soon warmed up and managed some solid hits on the opposing ship.

I'm going to enjoy getting access to this place at last, I feel like I've earned it.

I'd have helped but too late now, glad you got it done in the end.

just to add if you follow the above advice about separate Mission Sources and leave it so you only need 1 from the final source you will usually get a couple extra you can hand in at the Search & Rescue contact for extra cash.

Add me if you want. GT: Vetinaris

I'd have helped but too late now, glad you got it done in the end.

just to add if you follow the above advice about separate Mission Sources and leave it so you only need 1 from the final source you will usually get a couple extra you can hand in at the Search & Rescue contact for extra cash.

Add me if you want. GT: Vetinaris
You know what I love stuff like this, I've been playing Elite for years and even last night I was thinking to myself "still learning!"

Thanks Vetinaris, I'll do that

Top Bottom