Can I get some advice for my Beluga please?

The DBX can be toughened and armed and still keep a 60LY jump on a full tank... It's also surprisingly agile :devilish:
Still in love with that jump range, though. Almost makes it into JumpaConda range and not be as maneuverable as a pregnant whale. And yes, like most small ships, I imagine it would be amazingly agile. And you can put that thing down ANYWHERE. Including right on top of the blueprint gathering platform. Definitely made it into my Coriolis save file. They both did. Thanks for that :)

Still in love with that jump range, though. Almost makes it into JumpaConda range and not be as maneuverable as a pregnant whale. And yes, like most small ships, I imagine it would be amazingly agile. And you can put that thing down ANYWHERE. Including right on top of the blueprint gathering platform. Definitely made it into my Coriolis save file. They both did. Thanks for that :)
There you go... Full House! My Frag DBX... I lied, it isn't 60Ly its 59.88 :eek:

https://s.orbis.zone/9whr

Provided the fool who pulls it didn't look first, that is an unpleasant little ship as it is agile enough to land them thar pellets :ROFLMAO:😭

(The biggest issue with the DBX as an explorer is the fuel scoop - although they run cool enough to DSS scan while scooping, and rapidly cool as they scoot away from the star)

Last edited:
There you go... Full House! My Frag DBX... I lied, it isn't 60Ly its 59.88 :eek:
Pathetic. That's just right out! .12 light years less than promised. You used car salesman you! ;) Impressive!

Provided the fool who pulls it didn't look first, that is an unpleasant little ship as it is agile enough to land them thar pellets :ROFLMAO:😭
Funny, though. That's exactly what I did when unlocking engis while waiting for my quarter billion Krait transfer to happen to my Asp. Mheh. It won't last a second against a dedicated PvP'er or even just about any small agile ship, but those over-engi'ed frags will certainly make for a nasty surprise for anybody else looking for an "easy" kill. :devilish:

Lousy jump range on it now, though, so I'll prolly change her back to what she was.

Last edited:
Pathetic. That's just right out! .12 light years less than promised. You used car salesman you! ;) Impressive!

Funny, though. That's exactly what I did when unlocking engis while waiting for my quarter billion Krait transfer to happen to my Asp. Mheh. It won't last a minute against a dedicated PvP'er, but those over-engi'ed frags will certainly make for a nasty surprise for anybody else looking for an "easy" kill. :devilish:

Lousy jump range on it now, though.

I have an AspX - but, apart from a recent trip searching brain tree Locations in the Norma Expanse, it doesn't get out much as I don't really like it - but that nasty one of yours is interesting, provided it is only nipping to the corner shop... Again, an unpleasant surprise for the opportunist rather than Pro 🆒

When Ratty first arrived in Carcosa he had over 2 billion... was broke and still had to fly both Cutter & Corvette from the bubble after shipping the ships and modules wanted in the Nebula.

Now both accounts fleets are half the size and on a FC... pure luxury :cool:

This is my luxury liner build. I use it whenever I feel like doing some passenger sightseeing missions. Like you said Dutchman141, the Beluga overheats pretty easily. Besides the poor heat handling it has terrible shields as well. I use this configuration to solve the heat issue and compensate for the poor shielding.

Because a passenger liner doesn't require much power you should definitely go with a low emissions engineered power plant. Also despite what is said engineer your thrusters with the dirty drive enhancement. This will not cause the Beluga to overheat if you engineer your power plant accordingly. You can get as low as 6D thrusters and still have better performance than 7A rated thrusters. Scooping stars will also no longer be an issue with a low emissions power plant. You can now also use silent running without the ship heating up fast after exiting the space stations if you have scan sensitive passengers. Combined with heat sinks this is now very effective.

Due to the optimal mass of class 5 and 6 shields and mass of the Beluga even the highest class you can put in will give you very poor shielding. I tried to somewhat improve this by adding flat shield absorption using Guardian shield reinforcement packages and E rated resistance boosters. Because of the poor shield strength increase due to the optimal shield module mass/Beluga hull mass discrepancy, the Beluga shield benefits the most from resistances increase. You can get to a respectable 1K kinetic HP after the modifications. This will help greatly for passengers sensitive to hull damage. The shields will be able to take some punishment from collisions.

I re-engineered my liner to this for a better balance between shield recharge and engine boosting, while maintaining jump range and shield resistances and boosting the raw strength for more protection against collisions. Works great for missions where passengers are sensitive to scans or panic from the tiniest bit of damage to the hull. Enable silent running when out of the mail slot, boost and pop a heatsink. The low emissions power plant makes sure the Beluga doesn't overheat in the time you need to jump away. The low-draw experimental on the shield allowed for two more boosters for more resistances and raw shield strength. Together with the charge enhanced upped class power distributor it also helps greatly with the regen time of the shield. The guardian tech also really augments this build well.

Top Bottom