Can plasma repeaters be available for ships other than fighters?

Plasma repeaters are genuinely gods gift to man kind. Whoever was involved with the conception of plasma repeaters in Elite I love you
But.. Jokes aside, Plasma repeaters are perhaps the most fun I have had with a weapon in all of Elite Dangerous, and the fact they're available for exclusively fighter ships sometimes makes me want to cry.
I think not only Plasma Repeaters, but other weapon varieties in general should be available on more ship types. This would improve ship-build variety and promote changes in the meta of Elite Dangerous.
And lets be honest, who wouldn't love a plasma repeater on their standard ships? :)

Here - Have some rep and a second CMDR chiming in to support this brilliant suggestion - I think these would really bring the game to life please please pretty please make them a thing in all sizes of hardpoint class.

Plasma repeaters are genuinely gods gift to man kind. Whoever was involved with the conception of plasma repeaters in Elite I love you
But.. Jokes aside, Plasma repeaters are perhaps the most fun I have had with a weapon in all of Elite Dangerous, and the fact they're available for exclusively fighter ships sometimes makes me want to cry.
I think not only Plasma Repeaters, but other weapon varieties in general should be available on more ship types. This would improve ship-build variety and promote changes in the meta of Elite Dangerous.
And lets be honest, who wouldn't love a plasma repeater on their standard ships? :)

YES!

Perhaps something for the tech broker, small and medium slot only. Doesn't seem feasible as a large or huge weapon to me, don't know why. But would seem very feasible to go straight from the condor to the small slots on, say...an AspX. Mmmm...

Perhaps something for the tech broker, small and medium slot only. Doesn't seem feasible as a large or huge weapon to me, don't know why. But would seem very feasible to go straight from the condor to the small slots on, say...an AspX. Mmmm...

No, no ,NO!

I want a class 4. Turret.

Basically, I want my Anaconda/Corvette to look as awesome firing weapons, as it does when I went a bit overboard with point defence in a CZ.. :D

So. Much. Pew. Pew.

Seriously. I want turreted repeaters.

I don't even use turrets. But I will. I must.

CMDR Cosmic Spacehead

They effectively already exist if you combine incendiary multicannons with the blue weapon color mod. It is basically the same weapon other than the spin-up time and difference in ammo clip size.

I'm gonna chime in here as well. Been asking for these for a while. I had high hopes with the shock cannons in the beta, but they've now been made regular autocannons. I'd like fixed PRs to have the insane rate of fire that fighter PRs have, and gimballed PRs to be the semi-auto style of the new shock cannons.

In the same vein, I'd like to see some new class 3 and 4 weapons, like missiles, torpedoes, frag cannons, railguns and mines.

Powerplay weapons could use a rework as well. Perhaps PP contribution earns a unique data material type, and you cash it in at a "powerplay broker" like the tech broker. That would allow for more choices of tech per faction, and should allow for gimballed and turreted versions of pp weapons. (Hopefully they can be made to suck less, too.)
I'd like to see APAs reworked to being the only full PA weapon that can come in gimballed and turreted mountings, at a damage penalty, rather than the current "has the rapid fire experimental effect for free"

Maybe I'm wrong, but besides the cool factor (no pun intended) isn't the PR on the fighters the worst possible weapon? I mean from the PD and heat point of view?

i think you should wait with those request and watch how the weaponfront evolves after this engineer patch

Maybe I'm wrong, but besides the cool factor (no pun intended) isn't the PR on the fighters the worst possible weapon? I mean from the PD and heat point of view?
It's actually surprisingly "easy" on the WEP cap. That's one of the reasons I prefer it, actually: way more up-time than a beam laser (heatsinks not included). It also has the advantage of being decent against both shield and hull. It does require you to lead though, and DOES cook your ship if the WEP cap gets too low. It could probably stand to do a little more damage to make up for its increased difficulty in landing shots, but it's a decent (and fun) choice now.

Top Bottom