Can somebody explain the pre-orders, extras, and pricing for me?

I would like to know more details about all the different "extras" this game is offering. Are they really charging extra money to have my own character as a guest in my parks? $100 for VIP Staff Pass and $500 for a foundation stone? And other small fees for in-game scenery?? That has to be in game money! People really are paying for that stuff?? And its $80 just to play a demo of the game before it's released???? I'm so exited for this game but these prices can't be real! [woah]

It is up to you. If you do not want to pay do not. It is not life important to have foundation stone, your own guest, VIP pass and whatnot. You do not HAVE TO have them. Right? :)

I haven't bought any of these, just CHC membership because I am sucker for information.

But if people do want to support, then I say "let them". I would prefer to see people buy these and support Frontier than Frontier going to the DLC hell. ;) Hey, I would rather buy one of these unique features than pay for hundreds of DLC.

Last edited:
But if people do want to support, then I say "let them". I would prefer to see people buy these and support Frontier than Frontier going to the DLC hell. ;) Hey, I would rather buy one of these unique features than pay for hundreds of DLC.
+1 Billion !!!

Joël

Volunteer Moderator

+ 607 tillion 386 zillion 947 trillion 522 billion. 36 [up]

My concern is not the foundation stone. I'm worried about Planet Coaster being very "stripped down" or bare bones, requiring additional purchases to "add select features". How many more of these little extras are the going to add? I hate today's market for DLC [down] I guess they think this will help prevent piracy?

I do support this game and will purchase it, but probably not at full price. Just voicing my opinion. With the original RCT games, each expansion added a ton of new features. Hopefully a year or so after release they should compile a "complete/expansion edition" of the game (or something similar) as many other games have done. I like having complete physical copies, without digital unlock codes. Nobody else agrees?

I don't mean to be so negative about people who "want" to spend/donate the extra money, if you have it then great. I am very excited about this game too! I just have a bit of OCD when it comes to games releasing specific DLC at an outrageous price. I refuse to buy a lot of new games for this very reason. Some DLC is fine if it's priced right, but they are getting carried away IMO and it makes me a bit nervous/annoyed. I will eventually buy this game, but I will wait a while before I make my decision.

I have high expectations and I'm sure there will be a ton of great parks people will be sharing with each other, so I know that is a huge bonus for us gamers in today's market. I wonder though, we probably won't be seeing any sort of modding like we did with RCT3?

Thanks [cool] and I can't wait to see this game turn out amazing, been waiting for RCT4 for a long time!!
- Sean

Last edited:
+21410289419280284104784798374918729842412894712894712984721984792184792134072349578231857392847529387547692375328028359280359812958230954LOL3258239859032582309582309842098329850958298350923850293852039583209582309582398520395823958890889532
Completely agree with you! personally, i HATE DLC!
maybe they can have a purchase where you get EVERYTHING, including future DLC!

how people can consider these "features" any different from DLC is frightening... they are paid for add-on unlock codes, that is worse than DLC especially when they clearly inflated the price... <snip> all these replies are probably from people who work for the game and I'm surprised these forums don't have more activity on them... <snip>

Last edited by a moderator:
AS FAR AS i UNDERSTAND IT, the reason all this stuff is extra is that it's a crowd source project. frontier is not under atari's umbrella anymore. those expensive packages seem so novel because it's not about dlc or "limited edition" content. it is literally just a way us fans can contribute to the development of the game.

@BIGROB007 Exactly what i think as well. I'm glad they are now free from Atari, RCTW looks so boring compared to Planet Coaster.

Last edited:
Exactly. So let them do their thing. If it is too expensive, then do not buy. As I said before. ;) ;) ;)

Or you could have a sweet little pig money bank to put in money and eventually you will afford. :D

how people can consider these "features" any different from DLC is frightening... they are paid for add-on unlock codes, that is worse than DLC especially when they clearly inflated the price... <snip> all these replies are probably from people who work for the game and I'm surprised these forums don't have more activity on them... <snip>

From someone who bought the VIP Staff pass, I don't agree. Some people might be better off financially and want to support their favourite dev team. And I happen to support the dev team. [yesnod] And honestly, I don't see anything wrong with that. They just give you a little reward ingame, to thank you and prove that you supported them. Having a janitor, food stall vendor or rollercoaster operator with my name won't influence the gameplay and other features at all. It is just a personalized gift, not a DLC. [noob]

I totally agree Lux. I haven't bought a Staff Pass, because I don't want to end up as a Janitor [haha] Just bought ordinary VIP Ticket for now!

Top Bottom