Can someone help me out here, on my FB profile in an Elite Group I have been having a discussion about the game.

I have had the game since Elite Dangerous Core first came out on X-Box but never really played it till about 6 weeks ago & since then I personally have never had an NPC blow Competent come after me & I would have to ran as I had no hope of fighting them. Even when all I was doing was Exploring or Trading. Yet this guy in the other group said that's not possible as your opponents are linked to your Combat Rank. So how can we both be telling the truth. My Combat Rank at the moment is Mostly Harmless. But at Harmless I was coming up against Dangerous Ranked enemy's in Anaconda's. I'd have to run for it as there was no way I could beat them, sometimes I was lucky & got away, other times not so lucky. I can't tell you how many ships I lost because of them.

I get that but why when I have no missions or bounty's do I get Competent or higher NPC's coming after me. It's not meant to be like that or so i've just found out.

I get that but why when I have no missions or bounty's do I get Competent or higher NPC's coming after me. It's not meant to be like that or so i've just found out.
As far as i know, this is normal. There are any type of NPC flighing around in the Bubble on every compat rank. But sure you should not fight them if you think your ship or your skills can't handle this. Just run away (this should be easy).

If you get wanted, notorite or changing from one power to another - then you should be hunted from Hunters around your level, except System Patrol and pirates.

Top Bottom