Can We Combine Supercruise Assist and Auto-dock Modules?

Hi, new player here and I absolutely love this gorgeous game. However, can we please combine Supercruise Assist and Auto-dock into one module?

I like both of these optional modules very much because they give players options and make travelling IMO cleaner. But these two small features takes two slots, which I think is too costly.

Combing the two so pilots can toggle which feature they want would be a very welcomed feature. O7

Well as someone who has happily used both automation and full manual flight (yes FA ON is an assist) for many years now. I fully agree with the OP, just give us an avionics bay, this whole module thing has never made sense.

The point is that you do not need auto dock.
That module steals your game process.
Learn to fly. 🙂
Lol I have auto-dock installed instead of supercruise assist.

I docked manually many times when I just started and I always disliked how messy the process was. I get a ton of immersion from this game, but floating around in the station wiggling while trying to stop perfectly on the pad was immersion-breaking for me.

Well as someone who has happily used both automation and full manual flight (yes FA ON is an assist) for many years now. I fully agree with the OP, just give us an avionics bay, this whole module thing has never made sense.
Yeah totally, this modules seems really out of place and takes up too many precious slots on my newly acquired large ship.

I'm not forcing anyone to like or use either of the modules, I just want the option even if it takes a size 2 slot.

In my Type-9 I have an advanced docking computer installed and I am not ashamed.:p

I don't have Supercruise Assist installed in any ship as I've mapped a HOTAS button to 75% throttle; press it at 6 seconds out and you'll never loop of shame. The orbit auto-entry is a nice feature though, I do sometimes long for that in situations where I'm facing a 10,000 LS cruise and I'm forced to go grab a beer (you know how it is, sometimes the game just leaves you no alternative).

On the flip side, I have Auto-Dock installed on every ship except my mining Python, which is already full. For large ships like the T9 and Anaconda, even Auto-Dock sometimes scrapes the hull against the airlock walls, so I also feel no shame. Plus, this is ideal for situations where I've dropped out of cruise at a station and need to dock but am forced to go grab a beer.

Both of these considerations lead to the obvious question: it is illegal to pilot while intoxicated? I'd hate to get a PWI. And just think how hard a field sobriety test would be in zero G.

Deleted member 121570

D
I like the idea of a combined avionics suite you can either fit or remove, including all assists. This should include Flight Assist, so that we can permanently remove it should we choose, and never be bothered with having to turn it off manually again.

Yeah totally, this modules seems really out of place and takes up too many precious slots on my newly acquired large ship.

I'm not forcing anyone to like or use either of the modules, I just want the option even if it takes a size 2 slot.

As mentioned, we where given extra slots to accommodate these modules. Balance has to be kept in mind, mainly due to combat. Tbh I see no major issues with freeing up low class slots, I could be wrong though. Any software upgrades on the ships computer should be completely separate from modules. Or at the very least, a single module, that can have upgrades with additional power requirements

I've flown Piper Archers with more advanced avionics than my 3000 tonne Cutter.

When one flies an Imperial Cutter, one does not waste time MANUALLY docking - such things are maybe suitable for Federal peasants, but not for Kings like myself.

;)
I find it fun that you waste time docking automatically because auto dock limits your speed to 99 whilst manual docking does not. And cutter is able to fly faster than 99. That means that with manual docking you can dock faster.

I find it fun that you waste time docking automatically because auto dock limits your speed to 99 whilst manual docking does not. And cutter is able to fly faster than 99. That means that with manual docking you can dock faster.

Speed isn't everything, especially in a Cutter. One likes to give the less fortunate more opportunity to enjoy the view. ;)

Last edited:

Kinda amusing that everything is such a rush to cmdrs in this game. You should try relaxing in VR, enjoying the view on the way in. You'll still make those billions, I promise.

Lol I have auto-dock installed instead of supercruise assist.

I docked manually many times when I just started and I always disliked how messy the process was. I get a ton of immersion from this game, but floating around in the station wiggling while trying to stop perfectly on the pad was immersion-breaking for me.

That shouldn't be immersion breaking. It just let's you know you're a poor pilot. As you get better at docking less wiggles are required.

Ironically, balancing is what causes these slot issues to arise.

Another example is the Guardian FSD booster. It could just be an experimental effect that's applied to your FSD after you earn it and pay for the mod, no need for an extra slot.

FD has a habit of making everything fiddly, sure, it's just to maintain "game play" (from their point of view), but it's frickin' annoying after a while, busy work.

Top Bottom