Can you be neutral with Thargoids?

o7 cmdrs,
its been a while since i last have encountered thargoids. Now since my friend who is still pretty new to elite but has a for the start stable bank account we made him a explorer we figured it would be a good time to look at some thargoids since he never saw any and i was eager to see them again as well. We made it to maia and docked for a respawn point and then went on to dropping into a non human signal source.We both suddenly got attacked by cargoids although our cargo holds were compleatly empty and we didnt have any hardpoints or utilitys installed. This kinda shocked me cause i remember when i first stumbled across thargoids they always were neutral and you could admire them from a safe distance. Does anyone know what might have made them attack us? I'd like to prevent it the next time so my friend can peacfully take a look at them without dying and I dont plan on fighting them any time soon either

Yeah there were scouts. Is there a way I can avoid non human signal sources that contain scouts so we won't get attacked instantly?
You could go to the 'Bug Killer' surface site, if you're just doing sightseeing.
Im sure there are instances where there will be non aggressive interceptors, I'm not up to date with them though.

If you drop into any NHSS there is a chance of scouts. They are not really that fast tho, just boost away, jump to supercruise and try another signal.

Bugkiller is probably your best bet tho as above👆

o7

I dropped in on one of the megaships in the area. I got to watch an attack for a while. Until I got too close and was destroyed in about five seconds. Buy a sidewinder and experiment.

o7 cmdrs,
its been a while since i last have encountered thargoids. Now since my friend who is still pretty new to elite but has a for the start stable bank account we made him a explorer we figured it would be a good time to look at some thargoids since he never saw any and i was eager to see them again as well. We made it to maia and docked for a respawn point and then went on to dropping into a non human signal source.We both suddenly got attacked by cargoids although our cargo holds were compleatly empty and we didnt have any hardpoints or utilitys installed. This kinda shocked me cause i remember when i first stumbled across thargoids they always were neutral and you could admire them from a safe distance. Does anyone know what might have made them attack us? I'd like to prevent it the next time so my friend can peacfully take a look at them without dying and I dont plan on fighting them any time soon either
Some NHSS, threat 5 to 8 for WHN, 5 to 7 for Pleiades, have scavenger icons on their left. Looks like a commodity icon. They don't have Scouts.

Some NHSS, threat 5 to 8 for WHN, 5 to 7 for Pleiades, have scavenger icons on their left. Looks like a commodity icon. They don't have Scouts.
That's correct, but some without the salvage icon also just spawn interceptors with no scouts. I deliberately verified this after recently reading Salvage = No Scouts, No Salvage = Scouts. If you want to guarantee, go for salvage icon I guess.

Top Bottom