Community Event / Creation Candy Crew Guild presents the Candyball Rally of Plutarch!

Darth Raijiin

Broke his phone.
Candy Crew Guild presents the Candyball Rally of Plutarch!

uTTHEeC.png

The rally will begin on the 23rd of May and end on the 28th of May at Midnight. The event will start on the Plutarch B 3 a, at Kinds Holding and end at Lopez de Villalobos Oasis (67 km). This is a time trial event, best time submitted in the time frame of the event wins. The Last 24 hours will feature us, the Candy Crew Guild hosting a 24 hour charity livestream event where we throw down our fastest times and generally just goof off. All the munnies we raise will go to Special Effect. https://www.twitch.tv/darthraijiin

Instructions:

• [*=left]Fly to Plutarch B 3 a and land at Kinds Holding. Make sure you have your SRV all spiffed up in whatever color you want, it adds more horsepower with every sticker you have. And beset in the garage. Don't leave yet.
    [*=left]When your body is ready, take a screenshot so you have your starting time in the upper corner of the screen.
    [*=left]Drive like mad man possessed by the devil, to Lopez as fast as you can.
    [*=left]Take another shot as you cross well within the boundary of Lopez with the settlement in the shot. Its boundary area is pretty large, so it shouldn't be too hard. Flying over it will count as long as you are under 500m altitude and within the boundary. I say this, because the faster racers will probably be screaming at the finish line. The building of the settlement must be in the background of the finish line screenshot, be within the red area in the sensor of the SRV. Basically if the station yells at you and you can hear sirens, you are really close, grab a pic and run away. EDIT: As for the boundary, it seems it's smaller than it was before or I remembered. I thought it was waay bigger and started yelling at you as soon as you wear near the base. as this doesn't seem to be the case, please just be as close to the main building or landing pad as possible. I know some of us will be going probably too fast to stop as they cross the line. I'm going to ask that the drivers that are on their flying runs be within 500 m of the main building, that is altitude, you still have to be ontop of the building. anything more will not count and you will have to double back taking up precious time.

Rules:
  • There are no rules. kinda.
  • Go fast, don't die, you only have one SRV.
  • You can repair it however many times you want, just don't lose those precious seconds doing so.
  • You can start from whichever garage you want, but must start at standstill inside of your garage choice.
  • The finish line must show the ending settlement in view with the time in the corner. You must be within its firezone, preferably with the building yelling at you.
  • As always with a Candyball, if you see another participant on the course, you are permitted to fire upon them, as they are allowed to you, but only with SRVs.
  • Don't be a dirty cheater, please use your SRV for the race and not taking a pic, then jumping in your ship and flying to the end. We know what times are acceptable, and if you are way under we will know.

Interest:

• [*=left]If you are interested in participating, leave a haiku about how much you love candy in the comments below. Clarification, your Haiku doesn't need to be good, simply just trying to make one is qualifying enough to participate. I just want us all to have fun, so just make something up, that's goofy and fun and most importantly shows how much you love candy.:D

Prizes:

• [*=left]The top prize for the event will be something spiffy. Perhaps a paint pack for your favorite ship? It's a surprise.

Donating:
  • Our link to the donation page on just giving to raise munnies for Special Effect. CandyCrewGuild

May the shenanigans ever be in your favor...

[video=youtube_share;y-0BjDcF91M]https://youtu.be/y-0BjDcF91M[/video]

Leader Board

2lxP7NN.png

Last edited:
Okay, so I've done a test run, I've done it between 16:28:00 and 17:22:44.

Man, this ain't no Rally though, it's feeling more like the Dakar :D

I've got like 7% hull left when arriving to destination but couldn't get inside the red bounds, and when I've hit the laser-gate (thought it'll be only a detection gate not "hard-light" so took a snap and due to using head tracking I noticed only afterwards that I was looking slightly down at the keyboard which cut off the timestamp from the pic. Shortly after I've exploded due to hitting the hard-light gate again and took another snap upon respawn at the start point which is the time I used here.

You think I got any chance on the race?
(BTW I've got some awful framerates at starting point like 21 FPS or so.)

Darth Raijiin

Broke his phone.
Okay, so I've done a test run, I've done it between 16:28:00 and 17:22:44.

Man, this ain't no Rally though, it's feeling more like the Dakar :D

I've got like 7% hull left when arriving to destination but couldn't get inside the red bounds, and when I've hit the laser-gate (thought it'll be only a detection gate not "hard-light" so took a snap and due to using head tracking I noticed only afterwards that I was looking slightly down at the keyboard which cut off the timestamp from the pic. Shortly after I've exploded due to hitting the hard-light gate again and took another snap upon respawn at the start point which is the time I used here.

You think I got any chance on the race?
(BTW I've got some awful framerates at starting point like 21 FPS or so.)

That's a pretty respectable time to start with. I wont say where our times are for pacing, not yet anyway, but you are in the ballpark. IDK about the frame rates, We didn't have issues with them upon testing. It doesn't surprise me though, it's why we opted for a time trial event and not a gran prix event like we normally do, since instancing and frame rates have been an issue in the past and are really evident now. Try in solo and maybe lower some settings, and keep practicing, it will help when the times start coming in after the 23rd. We always say, practice makes perfect. [wink]

Edit: also, where is my Candy Haiku Coleman? [yesnod]

Last edited:

Darth Raijiin

Broke his phone.
can you clarify what you mean by boundary area? is this the area you can request docking in?

and for my entry:
How much do I love,
the sweet taste of chocolate chunks.
You have no idea!

The boundary area is the red area on your sensors, I would like to see SRVs within a 100 or so meters of the building and visible in screenshots. I know the area is quite massive though. and they can get very angry if you loiter.

can you clarify what you mean by boundary area? is this the area you can request docking in?

and for my entry:
How much do I love,
the sweet taste of chocolate chunks.
You have no idea!

I suspect they've meant the red marked area, the borderline of the restricted area at the destination.

That being said I've had trouble trying to get in as described, so initially I snapped the time with me parked on the main ramp, touching my right front wheel to the gate before attempting to fly inside and colliding with the gate.

@Raijiin - Sorry man, I've got enough trouble coming up with a haiku even using my native language and I'm totally clueless on how to go about it in english :p

What I can do however is this lil somethin':

Dust billowing on the horizon, sun beating down on the barren plains of Plurarch.

SRV approaching at breakneck speeds, CMDR and suspension alike struggling to keep up the precious speed.

Oh no, he ain't crazy, just a racer, running against the seconds, to push the limits, to best himself and beat the clock and win the
Candyball Rally

Last edited:

Darth Raijiin

Broke his phone.
I suspect they've meant the red marked area, the borderline of the restricted area at the destination.

That being said I've had trouble trying to get in as described, so initially I snapped the time with me parked on the main ramp, touching my right front wheel to the gate before attempting to fly inside and colliding with the gate.

@Raijiin - Sorry man, I've got enough trouble coming up with a haiku even using my native language and I'm totally clueless on how to go about it in english :p

What I can do however is this lil somethin':

Dust billowing on the horizon, sun beating down on the barren plains of Plurarch.

SRV approaching at breakneck speeds, CMDR and suspension alike struggling to keep up the precious speed.

Oh no, he ain't crazy, just a racer, running against the seconds, to push the limits, to best himself and beat the clock and win the
Candyball Rally

"Haiku" is a traditional form of Japanese poetry. Haiku poems consist of 3 lines. The first and last lines of a Haiku have 5 syllables and the middle line has 7 syllables. The lines rarely rhyme.

Hey, it's fine man, I know not everyone can can grasp it, lots of different languages and what not, just thought it was a fun thing to do. as long as ya'll try I'm happy. It's not a deal breaker I guess is what I am saying.

The boundary area is the red area on your sensors, I would like to see SRVs within a 100 or so meters of the building and visible in screenshots. I know the area is quite massive though. and they can get very angry if you loiter.

ok so the trespass area then, can do that.

btw did you like my haiku?

Plutarch! I have fine memories of the /r/EliteRacers SRV rally that had this for one of the courses last year.

My best run, for anyone who wants a preview (although the terrain rendering has been updated since then, so it's probably going to look prettier now!):

[video=youtube;XffLPEGwx9w]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XffLPEGwx9w[/video]

Anyway, important question: are repairs allowed? The EliteRacers event didn't allow them, and I thought it added a really interesting constraint to the race that I've missed in some other SRV rally events since. No repairs means that there is a proper risk/reward tradeoff for high speed that can't be countered by simply stockpiling synthesis materials. On the other hand, repairs make the race more generally accessible and survivable.

(I also like it when you have to actually stop safely at the end, but you've been clear that isn't required here. :))

Another question: can you pick your starting garage?

I'll probably go for at least one run, for old time's sake.

I sure do like candy
And by that I mean bacon
Tasty meat candy

Last edited:

Darth Raijiin

Broke his phone.
Anyway, important question: are repairs allowed? The EliteRacers event didn't allow them, and I thought it added a really interesting constraint to the race that I've missed in some other SRV rally events since. No repairs means that there is a proper risk/reward tradeoff for high speed that can't be countered by simply stockpiling synthesis materials. On the other hand, repairs make the race more generally accessible and survivable.

(I also like it when you have to actually stop safely at the end, but you've been clear that isn't required here. :))

I sure do like candy
And by that I mean bacon
Tasty meat candy

I will allow Repairs, we have always allowed them in Candyball events, the trick is not losing time whilst repairing. You can pick whichever garage you want to start from, but you have to be Inside when you start. I will add this to the rules in the OP

Plutarch! I have fine memories of the /r/EliteRacers SRV rally that had this for one of the courses last year.

My best run, for anyone who wants a preview (although the terrain rendering has been updated since then, so it's probably going to look prettier now!):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XffLPEGwx9w

I sure do like candy
And by that I mean bacon
Tasty meat candy

Hi SushiCW, glad to see you have recovered pretty fast from the G.241 Aquarii trauma, your record is still untouched :D

This has all the premises to be some fun stuff to do...next one will be a quite busy week for me, but I'll do my best to give it a try! Raijiin, do you mind if I advertise this over at the current Buckyball race thread? ;)

And nice race poster by the way. :)

I totally suck at SRV racing, but need to git gud - 'cus other meanie CMDRs keep putting SRV sections into their Buckyball events! :D
Plus I don't mind finishing last so long as I have fun.

Candy helps fly faster
Candy's tasty blasting through the slot
Sweet Buckyball candy.

Last edited:

Darth Raijiin

Broke his phone.
Hi SushiCW, glad to see you have recovered pretty fast from the G.241 Aquarii trauma, your record is still untouched :D

This has all the premises to be some fun stuff to do...next one will be a quite busy week for me, but I'll do my best to give it a try! Raijiin, do you mind if I advertise this over at the current Buckyball race thread? ;)

And nice race poster by the way. :)

Absolutely man. I want to get that word out and get a bunch of racers. I want a good challenge and lots of fun.

Holy hell man, 17 minutes? o_O

I guess it's time for me to retire from the race then, ain't no way in hell I could do that more-flying-than-driving trick for that long.

Top Bottom