Ships Cannot Buy Grade 2 'Burst Laser - Efficient' Despite Meeting Requirements

Hi Guys,

Been trying to get back into ED now my new Rift S allows me to get over to the desk without having to rerun sensors. Did some core mining and now looking at engineering.

I had access to the Dweller already and last week applied 'BURST LASER - EFFICIENT (GRADE 1)' to my x4 large turret burst lasers, which required x1 Sulphur each.

Since then I have been learning how to and getting other necessary material, which took a while as I want to avoid SRV for now. Anyway, I went back to the Dweller last night with a medley of Sulphur, Heat Dispersion Plates, Exceptional Scrambled Emission Data and Heat Exchangers (still haven't been able to get Chromium) and I wasn't able to buy the grade 2 efficient modification. That was despite having plenty of the necessary sulphur and Heat Dispersion Plates, as well as having unlocked rank 2 with the engineer (having applied grade 1 to 4 burst lasers previously).

I even tried reapplying grade 1 on one of the pulse lasers again (which it allowed my to do, without any warning about it already being applied) and still I could not then apply the grade 2. NB - The lasers are all marked as modified when I look at right panel of in loadout.

Feel like I'm missing something simple, any ideas? Thanks

Is the progress of the G1 upgrade complete? It's the circle around the various stats. If you used 4 sulphur it's not possible to have completed even a single G1 upgrade if you've only just got the Dweller to G2 access.

See the circles? If they're like this - not all complete - then that grade is not complete:

lopf48M.png

You can see how far through a grade you are by looking at the bars below the grade - here you can see this is G3, but not complete enough to unlock G4, so it is grey:

xlNEkJi.png

Here you can see the checks on G2 which mean it is complete. G3 is highlighted so you can work on it even if G2 is not complete:

aE5oQVE.png

There is more help on the Engineer page.

ILqJmeZ.png

Don't worry - the engineering haters will be along to support you any minute now :)

OTOH I had issues getting the screenshots because once you rank up with the engineers the G1/G2 complete so soon it's hard to get partial completes - which is why I used G3 a lot ;)

If it makes you feel any better, when you level an engineer to grade 5 in a module/utility/hardpoint they get more effiicient. So if you ever need to go back and engineer something again they won't take as many materials to do so.

Still frustrating though. Like when you have a pixel of progress left to complete and it takes 5 tries to get past it.

If it makes you feel any better, when you level an engineer to grade 5 in a module/utility/hardpoint they get more effiicient. So if you ever need to go back and engineer something again they won't take as many materials to do so.

Still frustrating though. Like when you have a pixel of progress left to complete and it takes 5 tries to get past it.
It would be way better if it were hardcoded to take 1/2/3/4/5 upgrades without RNG. (Or some other arbitrary but constant number).

Top Bottom