Can't complete delivery mission bug?

UPDATE: Most likely it's this issue: https://issues.frontierstore.net/issue-detail/42903

Not a regular player here, so apologies if this is a well known bug (I've seen reports of similar ones) or—not too unlikely either—if I'm too stupid to understand the problem.

Saw a blue "mission" signal source, decided to check what that was (haven't noticed them before for some reason).Turned out to be "Industry needs 14 units of polymers": "source 14 polymers from a suitable market, bla-bla-bla, convey to Nnanami Engineering in Deciat". Simple enough.

Bought the goods, landed at Nnanami Engineering. The mission board button had the reassuring blue corner.

Ugh.

In the mission board itself there was no sign of the mission. Nor any other obvious means to finish it. Just other missions, as usual. Haven't played for a while, so I can't remember well how the interface looked like, but I seem to recall something like "Missions that can be completed here" in prominent blue. Nothing like this though. Nothing in blue at all.

Double checked that I had the goods (but you should've been able to do partial delivery anyway) and that they had not needed to be unique ("source from a suitable market").

That's an Odyssey settlement, so disembarked, too, and checked the nearest PC terminal (or whatever they were called). Nothing helpful. Not to mention that it would've been really funny to "deliver" those 14 tons of polymers with my bare hands (well, unless we have hidden servos in those suits, I guess).

Logged off, exited the game. Did that several times. No dice.

Couldn't find a relevant enough issue (wouldn't be surprised if I have simply missed it), so created a new one, just in case: https://issues.frontierstore.net/issue-detail/43823

It would be embarrassing, of course, if I'm just too blind or stupid to not see where to click, but even in this case some UI redesign might be helpful, I guess.

Any comments and especially solutions or workarounds would be really appreciated.

Attachments

• Screenshot from 2021-10-15 02-35-53.png
    Screenshot from 2021-10-15 02-35-53.png
    531.4 KB · Views: 79
  • Screenshot from 2021-10-15 02-36-00.png
    Screenshot from 2021-10-15 02-36-00.png
    362.2 KB · Views: 60
  • Screenshot from 2021-10-15 02-36-22.png
    Screenshot from 2021-10-15 02-36-22.png
    643.7 KB · Views: 70
  • Screenshot from 2021-10-15 02-36-27.png
    Screenshot from 2021-10-15 02-36-27.png
    627.8 KB · Views: 57
  • Screenshot from 2021-10-15 02-36-50.png
    Screenshot from 2021-10-15 02-36-50.png
    899.1 KB · Views: 76
  • Screenshot from 2021-10-15 02-35-41.jpg
    Screenshot from 2021-10-15 02-35-41.jpg
    273.7 KB · Views: 66
Last edited:
Frontier's issue tracker leaves a lot to be desired, IMHO, especially in terms of efficiency of searching, but not only.

Anyway, couldn't find again anything similar enough, so just left a notice in the bug report that this seems to be a known problem, with a link to the discussion here (at least that could help people having the same problems like me). On the upside, noticed another bug that I've experienced—not being able to collect cargo released with hatch breaker limpets. Funny thing is that I have so far considered ED to be rather bug free (well, at least compared to that elephant in the room with the T-poses)

Last edited:
Not a regular player here, so apologies if this is a well known bug (I've seen reports of similar ones) or—not too unlikely either—if I'm too stupid to understand the problem.

Saw a blue "mission" signal source, decided to check what that was (haven't noticed them before for some reason).Turned out to be "Industry needs 14 units of polymers": "source 14 polymers from a suitable market, bla-bla-bla, convey to Nnanami Engineering in Deciat". Simple enough.

Bought the goods, landed at Nnanami Engineering. The mission board button had the reassuring blue corner.

Ugh.

In the mission board itself there was no sign of the mission. Nor any other obvious means to finish it. Just other missions, as usual. Haven't played for a while, so I can't remember well how the interface looked like, but I seem to recall something like "Missions that can be completed here" in prominent blue. Nothing like this though. Nothing in blue at all.

Double checked that I had the goods (but you should've been able to do partial delivery anyway) and that they had not needed to be unique ("source from a suitable market").

That's an Odyssey settlement, so disembarked, too, and checked the nearest PC terminal (or whatever they were called). Nothing helpful. Not to mention that it would've been really funny to "deliver" those 14 tons of polymers with my bare hands (well, unless we have hidden servos in those suits, I guess).

Logged off, exited the game. Did that several times. No dice.

Couldn't find a relevant enough issue (wouldn't be surprised if I have simply missed it), so created a new one, just in case: https://issues.frontierstore.net/issue-detail/43823

It would be embarrassing, of course, if I'm just too blind or stupid to not see where to click, but even in this case some UI redesign might be helpful, I guess.

Any comments and especially solutions or workarounds would be really appreciated.

Not sure if that's been tried already. *()
But try to get another mission from that settlement that will require you to get back and complete the mission.
And when you do it, see that the Mission Depot shows and can be used to deliver the mission cargo.

I happened over this bug as well, and there is no way to complete it since the screen does not show the completed mission and the mission depot.

Edit:
*(it was suggested as a posible workaround in the other thread)

Not sure if that's been tried already. *()
But try to get another mission from that settlement that will require you to get back and complete the mission.
And when you do it, see that the Mission Depot shows and can be used to deliver the mission cargo.

I happened over this bug as well, and there is no way to complete it since the screen does not show the completed mission and the mission depot.

Edit:
*(it was suggested as a posible workaround in the other thread)
Thank you! Decided to try it right away (the mission will expire in 6-7 hours). Upon taking a new delivery mission, the mission depot does appear, but unfortunately it only shows the newly taken mission. The one from that pesky stranger is still nowhere to be found. Oh, well.

I'm beginning to think that stranger was a troll. Why wouldn't there be trolls in the 34th century, after all? 🤭

There's an existing bug report here which you could link to:
https://issues.frontierstore.net/issue-detail/42903

Oh, great, thank you very much! I've marked my report as a likely duplicate (but kept it, as with the not too efficient search, it might be better to have more possible hits).

Attachments

• Screenshot from 2021-10-15 14-56-05.png
    Screenshot from 2021-10-15 14-56-05.png
    455.7 KB · Views: 56
  • Screenshot from 2021-10-15 14-55-45.png
    Screenshot from 2021-10-15 14-55-45.png
    390.1 KB · Views: 73
Top Bottom