Cant figure out Weight problem

I keep getting the Weights for influencers should sum to one [Bad Bone Weights]. I Keep trying to fix it but nothing works so far. I am using blender 2.90 and wanted to ask if anyone can help me with my problem. I Keep wondering what i am doing wrong. Also i used automatic weights and make some changes to parts that needed to not move and dont know if this has anything to do with the error. Please help and thank you.

Hi,

when assigning vertex weights for animation, it is possible in Blender for the sum of the weights not being 1, which however is required by TMTK. I created such a situation here (my vertex groups being "MinuteBack", "HourBack" and "Stationary"):

1609512722860.png

This view is obtained by entering edit mode and checking the "Items" Tab of the sidebar. As you can see, the groups weights will sum to 1.472, which works in Blender, but not in TMTK. The easiest way of resolving this is pressing F3, type in "normalize" and choose "Normalize All". You may need to select all (affected) vertices before this.
1609512768662.png

This feature can also be directly accessed when in "Weight Paint" mode. The result in my example is this:
1609512706638.png

Which sums to one (at least almost, floating point numbers are tricky) and should work in TMTK.

Last edited:
Doesn't work for me. Normalized everything dozens of times over. Every vertex is perfectly normalized in blender, checked each one. The problem seems to be a bug with the TMTK uploader

Edit: btw if anyone is reading this, I eventually found the culprit. I had extraneous vertex groups because I deleted a few bones from the original armature. So I had vertex groups that corresponded with bones that no longer exist! Deleting the extra vertex groups solved the problem :)

Last edited:
Top Bottom