Cant find Contacts to pay fine

Interstellar Factor is your best bet... You'll eventually get a REAL fine, like murder or shooting up an idiot SysAuth ship by mistake ( Honest ! It was a mistake ! ). And until you do, people will be looking to "Make a Killing" off of killing you.

Also, the "auto" docking, launching, steering is great and all.. but there are those rare instances where it goes TOTALLY off the rails a,d you come back to your command chair to find the rebuy screen. Ooops. So be prepared.

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PNF7Ru1mMeo

So would people recommend manual landing/lanch? Guess with the default sidewinder its not a biggie but when you start upgrading or buying a better ship it sounds like it could get expensive.

Still no idea why I got a 200 credit fine. I was in a q for 4 minutes then got fined. Was using auto lancher. Is this due to an issue wit hthe autolancher?

There was probably a queue that went on so long you exceeded the timer.

Ditch it and you'll get better faster, use the tutorials as a risk/expense free way of practicing.

One thing to bear in mind in a space game is you don't need forward momentum to fly. If you are flying on a stick that's how you point the nose where you want it, however you can move the ship up/down/left/right/forward/back whilst keeping your nose centered on something by using thrusters.

If I'm landing at an outpost I don't fly around to where the pad is, I get close zero the throttle and use the thrust up/down/left/right to orbit the outpost keeping the nose aimed at the pad. Once I've a clear view I thrust forward to above the pad then thrust down following the landing display that replaces the radar after orientating the ship to align with the direction arrows.

No "flying" involved all thrusting via keyboard landing overrides/hat which I've reconfigured as thrusters.

Deleted member 257907

D
So would people recommend manual landing/lanch? Guess with the default sidewinder its not a biggie but when you start upgrading or buying a better ship it sounds like it could get expensive.

Still no idea why I got a 200 credit fine. I was in a q for 4 minutes then got fined. Was using auto lancher. Is this due to an issue wit hthe autolancher?

I use autopilot all the time but remain wary and ready to intervene in moments notice. (increasing or decreasing throttle will override the autopilot and hand u manual control)
If my shields are offline and my hull is damaged and I'm carrying something valuable I'll dock manually to avoid risk.

I wish that was the case. I started Auto Launch and it said I was in a queue so I waited. When the timmer went to zero I got fined. I'm confused, what's going on.
Auto launch and docking should be treated the same way cruise control and lane assist are in a car, you are still responsible and should be in position to take over as soon as they try to mess up.

Top Bottom