Can't help but feel I have fell victim to somewhat FALSE advertising

I like the game, I do, but do you remember that first trailer? The T rex stomping through the jungle then attacking the workers? That got me HYPED for the game! I was planning to make a beautiful, well ran park, then stage my own disaster and watch all hell break lose, much like the movie! But as it turns out, Carnivores DO NOT attack park rangers no matter how long you leave them in the enclosure, In fact I dont even think they notice the rangers. I have made some parks that look awesome, i cant tell you how much it breaks my immersion to watch my rangers casually roll into an Indominus rex enclosure and come out unscathed, it ruins what is an otherwise great game.

I dont know why Frontier have not made this a thing, but my theory would be that they do not want to deal with lazy gamers complaining that they have to tranq every single carnivore before feeding them , but wouldnt that be more realistic? I personally would find other ways around it, like fencing off my ground feeders so the rangers can drive in through one gate, stock the feeder, then drive out the same gate, then open another gate that allows the dino's in to feed as soon as the rangers are safe, its a grind, sure, but would it not be a fun grind?

And if THAT is the case, then WHY show it in the trailer? This is where the false advertisment comes in.

Does it annoy anyone else?

Another one of these posts. smh

No it's not false advertising cause it wasn't in footage. They never said any of that would be in the game. It was a trailer made for the game. This kind of advertisement has been going on for a while now. Since the days of the NES. All box art and the art on those cartridges were all "false advertising" by your standard.

It's not in the game cause they want the game to meet a certain rating and it's most likely an animation issue as well.

An announcement trailer like that for an unreleased game is generally just conceptual. Don’t expect every single little detail from them to make it into final versions.

While I agree on that one, there was some false advertising in the subsequent trailers (all marked "in-game footage") like those showing resting (trike) or pack-hunting (raptors), for instance. Some of those features (like sleeping -not resting- and sand) are now being implemented but we still got no official roadmap nor statement about the rest so we cannot know if they are being worked on at some point (like with pack-hunting), so the OP had some point.

I like the game, I do, but do you remember that first trailer? The T rex stomping through the jungle then attacking the workers? That got me HYPED for the game! I was planning to make a beautiful, well ran park, then stage my own disaster and watch all hell break lose, much like the movie! But as it turns out, Carnivores DO NOT attack park rangers no matter how long you leave them in the enclosure, In fact I dont even think they notice the rangers. I have made some parks that look awesome, i cant tell you how much it breaks my immersion to watch my rangers casually roll into an Indominus rex enclosure and come out unscathed, it ruins what is an otherwise great game.

I dont know why Frontier have not made this a thing, but my theory would be that they do not want to deal with lazy gamers complaining that they have to tranq every single carnivore before feeding them , but wouldnt that be more realistic? I personally would find other ways around it, like fencing off my ground feeders so the rangers can drive in through one gate, stock the feeder, then drive out the same gate, then open another gate that allows the dino's in to feed as soon as the rangers are safe, its a grind, sure, but would it not be a fun grind?

And if THAT is the case, then WHY show it in the trailer? This is where the false advertisment comes in.

Having said the above, I agree to some extent with @gabeluna27, that was the most astounding yet the most artificial of all trailers and I understood it as such, thus not building my hype on it (although it would have been cool if they did use it as base for future features).

I fully agree on the uninmersiveness of the feeding restocking and carnivore behaviour, though. I've been a total supporter of everything AI related since launch, because of the complete lack of AI, but the feeding system was also lame. In fact, excluding the live bait feeders, I cannot imagine why they considered those feeders' designs to be a good idea: in any zoo (much more in one so dangerous as JW) any other safer method would have been prefered. I'm sure any feeder attacked to a fence, or that could be transported somehow to some point of the enclosure from outside (as with a crane) would have been prefered by all, particularly the Sec Division.

Also, I think I remember the non-destructibility of vehicles was a licence problem of some kind (I don't remember if it was also Universal's fault) which is ridiculous, but so it is. Anyway, having a single jeep with only two men dispatched for restocking a feeder for an animal of several tonnes is also uninmersive: one would think they would need a truck, at least, to transport the big amount of food required...

While I agree on that one, there was some false advertising in the subsequent trailers (all marked "in-game footage") like those showing resting (trike) or pack-hunting (raptors), for instance. Some of those features (like sleeping -not resting- and sand) are now being implemented but we still got no official roadmap nor statement about the rest so we cannot know if they are being worked on at some point (like with pack-hunting), so the OP had some point.

In regards to the early in-game footage videos, they were also conceptual because it was a game still in the making where almost anything in them were subjects to change overtime before launch.

(By the way, the “resting” animation was actually the sleeping animation, and that wasn’t pack hunting AI, it was multiple raptors running at the same time, probably from script sequences for each one. Some in-game trailers can show a couple of actual in-game animations that may not entirely match instances that could happen when you play the game, but they aren’t major key points.)

Last edited:
In regards to the early in-game footage videos, they were also conceptual because it was a game still in the making where almost anything in them were subjects to change overtime before launch.

(By the way, the “resting” animation was actually the sleeping animation, and that wasn’t pack hunting AI, it was multiple raptors running at the same time, probably from script sequences for each one. Some in-game trailers can show a couple of actual in-game animations that may not entirely match instances that could happen when you play the game, but they aren’t major key points.)

Still, that doesn't change the fact that it was a very misleading and bad use of the expresion "in-game footage". Also, neither sleeping nor herding were implemented in the base game, so that was misleading too. I would have waited for them to be implemented before purchasing the game, otherwise I would have known it was heavily overprized, and I'm sure I wouldn't have been the only one. That's what I understand for misleading and what I agreed about the OP's post.

The lack of dino ai and behaviors and park employees being vulnerable was misleading. It was only a trailer..... But it did show many things that werent in the game. It even indicated the buildings would have real functions like the ranger jeeps emerging from inside the garage doors. None of that is in the game. It also showed sand which we just got after more than a year and even that isnt a maintenance sand pathway/road.

You can make beautiful parks. But the game is missing substance. I really hope their is a sequel to build upon what we have. With more emphasis on dino behaviors and ai, more destructible enviornments and dangers to rangers, and more immersive buildings and guest experiences.

wow that was kinda rude and childish

It's not in the game cause they want the game to meet a certain rating #

So why do park guests still get eaten?

and it's most likely an animation issue as well.

They had no issues animating it for the trailer, ya know? the thing that is intended to draw people in and make them want the game.

The lack of dino ai and behaviors and park employees being vulnerable was misleading. It was only a trailer..... But it did show many things that werent in the game. It even indicated the buildings would have real functions like the ranger jeeps emerging from inside the garage doors. None of that is in the game. It also showed sand which we just got after more than a year and even that isnt a maintenance sand pathway/road.

You can make beautiful parks. But the game is missing substance. I really hope their is a sequel to build upon what we have. With more emphasis on dino behaviors and ai, more destructible enviornments and dangers to rangers, and more immersive buildings and guest experiences.

This aint really the sequel type of game tbh, they will just keep adding content if they want to make more money ( content that should, by all accounts, be in the $60 base game already) I have a feeling that they WILL add flying and water dinos at some point, and they cost us 10.99 each =/

Gaming devs these days are just snakes.

Last edited:

No it's not false advertising cause it wasn't in footage. They never said any of that would be in the game. It was a trailer made for the game. This kind of advertisement has been going on for a while now. Since the days of the NES. All box art and the art on those cartridges were all "false advertising" by your standard.

It's not in the game cause they want the game to meet a certain rating and it's most likely an animation issue as well.

I never really played NES tbh, and these aint MY standards.....but while we are at it, yes! this is how they advertise these days, but they normally have the good grace to add a ' Not actual game play ' mesage into the mix, they did not. And be honest instead of blindly defending them, you would EXPECT ut to be a mechanic in a game like this, right? thats a given, and they knew this!

Last edited:
I never really played NES tbh, and these aint MY standards.....but while we are at it, yes! this is how they advertise these days, but they normally have the good grace to add a ' Not actual game play ' mesage into the mix, they did not. And be honest instead of blindly defending them, you would EXPECT ut to be a mechanic in a game like this, right? thats a given, and they knew this!

They did. It says prerendered footage right there in the trailer. They never once said any of that would be in the game.

Prerendered as in not actual in game footage.

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NWagBjDMwTU

This aint really the sequel type of game tbh, they will just keep adding content if they want to make more money ( content that should, by all accounts, be in the $60 base game already) I have a feeling that they WILL add flying and water dinos at some point, and they cost us 10.99 each =/

Gaming devs these days are just snakes.

Idk. There have been a few zoo tycoon sequels. No reason why they couldnt do a sequel. But even if we just keep getting added content that's better than nothing.

The game right now is just too safe and easy. I understand a contract license deal being why the jeeps dont get damaged... But what about the choppers? The game auto corrects the flight path to prevent crashes and you cant even touch the chopper down and land anywhere... Simply having a chopper explode into a huge fireball and cost you money to replace would make the game more engaging.

I felt as you did once, but given everything they have done and accomplished since the release. I'm enjoying the game as it is and look forward to its sequel.

It is wispered in myths and legends that if this forum can go one month without yet another "false advertising" thread, FDev will give us avian and aquatic creatures. ;)

Still, that doesn't change the fact that it was a very misleading and bad use of the expresion "in-game footage". Also, neither sleeping nor herding were implemented in the base game, so that was misleading too. I would have waited for them to be implemented before purchasing the game, otherwise I would have known it was heavily overprized, and I'm sure I wouldn't have been the only one. That's what I understand for misleading and what I agreed about the OP's post.

They never said the Dinosaurs were sleeping though.

They never said the Dinosaurs were sleeping though.

They actually never said anything, technically. Radio silence was there from the beginning. Yet, they released several 'in-game footages' sporting dinosaur animations that people (already expecting at the very least JPOG standard quality) rightfully took for behaviors, that blatantly weren't present in the base game. Call that whatever you like but to me this is misleading at least and shouldn't be endorsed nowadays.

I felt as you did once, but given everything they have done and accomplished since the release. I'm enjoying the game as it is and look forward to its sequel.

I agree with the first part, although I still have plenty of doubts to give the DLCs a try. However, I'm not at all excited for a sequel that will likely repeat the same mistakes, with the prequel still so unfinished.

Last edited:
They actually never said anything, technically. Radio silence was there from the beginning. Yet, they released several 'in-game footages' sporting dinosaur animations that people (already expecting at the very least JPOG standard quality) rightfully took for behaviors, that blatantly weren't present in the base game. Call that whatever you like but to me this is misleading at least and shouldn't be endorsed nowadays.

I agree with the first part, although I still have plenty of doubts to give the DLCs a try. However, I'm not at all excited for a sequel that will likely repeat the same mistakes, with the prequel still so unfinished.

I don't have doubts as they would have a basis to build upon. The DLC is a great addition. I enjoy them and I look forward to the sequel that will probably come out during the third movie 2021. That is, if it in the works. Not to mention, perhaps we can get the aquatics and aviary finally. :) There isn't much more I don't believe they'll be able to accomplish with JWE as it stands. Best to go on to a new slate and build upon the things that work in order to make it better. :)

Spero che la voliera e l'acquatico escano in questo Giurassico non nel 2021 perché non esiste un mondo giurassico senza Mosasauro 🙄🙄🤔

I hope that the aviary and the aquatic come out in this Jurassic not in 2021 because there is not a Jurassic world without a Mosasaurus.

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom