Can't install, Culture ID 8192

Hey all,

I haven't played in a while and decided to have a go again so I wanted to reinstall, I downloaded the installer and installed it. Now when I start the launcher and try to log in I get the following:

Reinstalling it doesn't help, any ideas?

Googling your error brought me to the following Reddit post, where the top comment seems to fix this problem. I would recommend to backup the directories he is advising to delete (especially if you are not a new user) as they can contain configuration files and the data for your commander's log.

You can then copy back the relevant files after the launcher has been fixed!

Good luck

I had already tried that: uninstall, remove appdata files, installed files, DL and install MS library.
I tried it again JUST to be sure. Didn't help.

I have the same problem. The reddit-solution doesn't work for me either.
Tried purging my system from anything ED but still get the same error when trying to log on with the launcher. :(

I have the same problem. The reddit-solution doesn't work for me either.
Tried purging my system from anything ED but still get the same error when trying to log on with the launcher. :(
Do you use a particular language / keyboard language setting on your PC? (search 'Region Format' in windows).

I created a ticket with the frontier support-team and they gave me a very fast reply with a solution that worked.

Should be easy enough to solve this error as follows:

VISUAL C++ REDISTRIBUTABLES

• Please check for updates on your computer. This is a crucial step and MUST be completed before proceeding!
    Go to Start/search --> type in 'windows updates' --> Check for updates
  • Open Programs and Features and uninstall all items beginning with Microsoft Visual C++...
  • Run Disk Cleanup in Windows. Make sure to tick the option to Delete temporary files
  • Restart your PC
  • Run the installers found here:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/download/details.aspx?id=5555

https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/download/details.aspx?id=30679

https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/download/details.aspx?id=48145

As a final step, please restart your computer once more or if the installers direct you otherwise, please follow their instructions.

.NET FRAMEWORK

If the launcher is still not allowing you to launch the game after this then please quit the launcher and any other non-crucial applications before you proceed!

1. First, turn off .NET in Windows Features. An easy way to access this is to type Windows Features in Start > Search. Make sure that all available versions of .NET are disabled.
2. Open Programs and Features from the Windows Control Panel. An easy way to bring this up is to type 'Programs and Features' into Start > Search.
3. Uninstall everything that starts with 'Microsoft .NET', starting with the highest version numbers first (you may find that no entries exist in Programs and Features at all, in this case please continue to step 4)
4. Download and install all versions of .NET that apply to your versions of Windows:
Microsoft .NET Framework 4.6.1 - Windows 10, 8.1, 8, and 7
Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5.2
- Windows 8.1, 8, and 7:
Microsoft .NET Framework 4.0 - Windows 8.1, 8, and 7 (only if 4.5.2 won't install):

If Windows asks you to restart your computer at any of these steps, please do so. Once the whole process is done restart one final time.

I did have to reinstall the launcher after all that, but it worked. I can fly again :)

Top Bottom