Can't Land On Khun 5 to visit Elvira Martuuk

Engineer bases are hostile if you approach before invite...at least they were.

I’m a little confused as to what’s going on here as you’ve now listed what seems like 3 separate problems...

• no horizons message (resolved?)
• can go into orbit but station won’t let me land (are they refusing permission?)
• solid circle/dotted circle (too far away?)

Honestly without screen shots or at least a clearer picture of the issue it’s hard to help.

Thanks for the feedback so far everyone! I'm going to try again with a cargo hold of Soontil relics once they are back in stock on the market in Cheranovsky City.

Is there no way to see the requirements needed for the mission? I've looked everywhere but only received the single message asking me to visit her and nothing else relating to her.

Thwarptide

Banned
Is there no way to see the requirements needed for the mission? I've looked everywhere but only received the single message asking me to visit her and nothing else relating to her.
That's pretty much it. There's nothing particularly difficult about it. Pretty cut and dry. Still, you should not need cargo full of Relics just to land there.
You have the invite...too. Your entire situation is asinine. I'm in a similar situation with the different engineer now. No landing problems..... I am not getting the invite despite having been allied with the faction (required) for over 15 hrs now. Relog's don't help.

Last edited:
Ah my bad! I was under the presumption that the relics are a kind of currency specifically used to engineer parts of a ship so I thought more would be better and store them at her base, is that incorrect?

Nightmare about your issue though buddy :( Wish I could help but I'm still wearing my noob pants!

Thwarptide

Banned
Ah my bad! I was under the presumption that the relics are a kind of currency specifically used to engineer parts of a ship so I thought more would be better and store them at her base, is that incorrect?

Nightmare about your issue though buddy :( Wish I could help but I'm still wearing my noob pants!
Negative, the relics are bribe money disguised as donations, party favors, bend over and kiss this kind of things. Without em engineers won't think about doing the work.
So just give him whats required.
One engineer requires a donation of cigars, another loves Lavian Brandy. Get it?

Thwarptide

Banned
You'll find out as you go the game has quite a few unmentioned caveats that you're left to discover while you rip the hair from your skull.
18hrs and 4.3 million in bounty claims later..... Still nothing.
I think I found the caveat in the haystack

I'm in one system controlled by the faction I'm allied with, and you'd think that would be enough to unlock the permit to the system and engineer I need access to.
While I scoured the forums, I bumped into this.
It's worth trying one of the other systems listed.
Screenshot_20201001-195946_Chrome.jpg

Last edited:

Thwarptide

Banned
Figured it out. 2 of the systems listed were not associated with the faction. Luytens Star was. Went there and the permit was waiting for me to pick up.
See what I mean about the games stupid caveats? They'll drive you insane.

Top Bottom