Can't pay off my bounty and fine!!

Can anyone help me? I accidently killed a Federal vessel and got a 400Cr fine and a 5000Cr bounty. My ship got destroyed and I was sent to a detention facility. I left the station and returned to Dahan system to continue to play. I closed down (so lost the flight history) after a while. I have a notoriety of 1. How can I find the prison facility so I can pay off the fine and bounty? I've tried to do this in the Dahan system but can't.

You have notoriety.
You will have to wait until that goes before paying off any bounties or fines.

Once the Notoriety reduces to 0, find a station with Intersteller Factors and pay off your bounty.

Also sitting at a station will not reduce the Notoriety, you need to active in game.

Doesn't having a bounty mean you can't land and get gas? How do you play the game if you can't land on any station?

Depends on jurisdiction. I don't think it's possible to become wanted in the entire galaxy, but someone will probably try now. ;)

Your wanted status only applies in the area controlled by the bounty/fine issuer.

You have notoriety.
You will have to wait until that goes before paying off any bounties or fines.

Once the Notoriety reduces to 0, find a station with Intersteller Factors and pay off your bounty.

Also sitting at a station will not reduce the Notoriety, you need to active in game.
Thanks for that, very helpful. My notoriety has reduced to 0 but I still can't pay off my bounty with ISF or the station itself (both show no bounty or fine). Do I need to go back to the prison facility to do this? If so, do you know where the one I would have been sent to is? I was in the Dahan system when my ship was destroyed.

Can anyone help me? I accidently killed a Federal vessel and got a 400Cr fine and a 5000Cr bounty. My ship got destroyed and I was sent to a detention facility. I left the station and returned to Dahan system to continue to play. I closed down (so lost the flight history) after a while. I have a notoriety of 1. How can I find the prison facility so I can pay off the fine and bounty? I've tried to do this in the Dahan system but can't.
Each level of noterity takes two hours of game play to decrease. Thus I generally land on a planet, and utilizing my srv spend a couple of hours gathering mats. Once done, go to any interstellar and pay any and all fines. Boom, good until the next time.

PS Are you in the ship that has the bounty on it when trying to pay? You have to be in the hot ship.
I don't think you have to be in that ship if it was destroyed. Plus, I'm pretty sure you can pay off your bounty (at zero notoriety) even if you're not in the ship you commited the crime in, but the ship and modules remain tagged as criminal in that case. At least I remember that happening to me.

When did that change? Idling, in game, just sitting on a pad, did count towards your notoriety wearing off as recently as a couple months back.
I think he meant parking at a station and quitting the game for a couple hours doesn't work. You can sit in a station with the game logged on and that works. The last time that happened to me, that's what I did. I had to jump out of the system after the timer expired to get it to register though.

What is Notoriety?

• When you commit a murder your Notoriety is increased by one unit up to a maximum of ten.
  • Notoriety is applied to your commander, not your ship.
  • The higher your Notoriety, the higher the bounty on your head.
  • If you murder another player (i.e. not an NPC) the higher your Notoriety, the lower their rebuy cost.
  • If your Notoriety becomes too high you will attract the attention of the ATR.
  • Notoriety decreases one unit every two hours of play when obeying the law.
  • Notoriety does decay while docked, however, it will not update in your statistics until you undock and jump to supercruise.
https://support.frontier.co.uk/kb/faq.php?id=423

Top Bottom