Can't Posty to Issue Tracker

I want to submit a report that staff training is not working in Sandbox but I can't because on the Issue Tracker the drop-down for Game doesn't include Planet Zoo.

I believe this has been an issue for a few people, and vaguely recall the solution being to change what internet browser you're using to access the tracker site? Worth a shot.

I believe this has been an issue for a few people, and vaguely recall the solution being to change what internet browser you're using to access the tracker site? Worth a shot. :eek:

Nope, it isn't worth a shot. I just wasted enough of my time on this. It's posted here, that'll have to be good enough. Frontier should test their own websites in different browsers.

Nope, it isn't worth a shot. I just wasted enough of my time on this. It's posted here, that'll have to be good enough. Frontier should test their own websites in different browsers.

That's fair, honestly. Likely wouldn't have been worth it anyways given how backlogged the tracker apparently is. :X

They aren't paying me enough to do the testing for them ... oh wait, I paid them! w t f Frontier ;)

It's a dreadful situation. I buy into Early Access games and alphas quite often because I enjoy helping the development process and watching a game evolve and grow. Very few, if any, of the alpha games I've played have been as broken as PZ apparently is. :X

It's a dreadful situation. I buy into Early Access games and alphas quite often because I enjoy helping the development process and watching a game evolve and grow. Very few, if any, of the alpha games I've played have been as broken as PZ apparently is. :X

It's the new industry standard. Release as fast as possible whether the game is finished or not and deal with it later. It's not the devs fault, it's upper management that wants to get the money coming in sooner. The poor devs end up doing a lot of crunch because of this. All the pressure is on them now to fix this game. We perpetuate this practice when we pre-order. I'll never do that again, from now on I'm not buying any new game until at least 3 months after the release date. Tomorrow will be 1 month since Planet Zoo released. It's still pretty darned buggy.

It's the new industry standard. Release as fast as possible whether the game is finished or not and deal with it later. It's not the devs fault, it's upper management that wants to get the money coming in sooner. The poor devs end up doing a lot of crunch because of this. All the pressure is on them now to fix this game. We perpetuate this practice when we pre-order. I'll never do that again, from now on I'm not buying any new game until at least 3 months after the release date. Tomorrow will be 1 month since Planet Zoo released. It's still pretty darned buggy.

Couldn't agree more. Dev crunch is inexcusable in any company from AAA to indie, but it seems to just be Frontier's MO. All their games seem to suffer from crunch-related issues in one way or another and the folks in charge ought to be ashamed of themselves. I know it's not the fault of the devs, and I hope they aren't too disheartened by everyone's complaints and concerns.

Pre-ordering was a fun concept when I was younger, but now I just...can't do it. The last game I pre-ordered was FFVII Remake, and it will stay the last. I refuse to continue to support this behavior by the management of so many game companies.

Couldn't agree more. Dev crunch is inexcusable in any company from AAA to indie, but it seems to just be Frontier's MO. All their games seem to suffer from crunch-related issues in one way or another and the folks in charge ought to be ashamed of themselves. I know it's not the fault of the devs, and I hope they aren't too disheartened by everyone's complaints and concerns.

Pre-ordering was a fun concept when I was younger, but now I just...can't do it. The last game I pre-ordered was FFVII Remake, and it will stay the last. I refuse to continue to support this behavior by the management of so many game companies.

When I was younger games came in a box and had to be finished months before they actually released because there was no way to get patches to the customers. QC and testing were very important. Time was needed to print CDs and ship everything to the stores. Digital downloads have taken away the need to finish a game before you sell it. Now the customers are used to do the testing. This only benefits upper management of a games company, the devs and the customers suffer but if we're happy to hand them our money months before they release their unfinished games, you can't really blame them.

Top Bottom