Cant scan Data Point (active) ?

I have tried to scan an sat that I found on an planet and it cant get it to scan. I have secondery fire for spacebar and it is set for Data Link Scanner on my SRV but cant get it to scan when I hold down the spacebar also have another button on my x52 pro set for the same thing... I know it may be an stupid question but can anyone help? Thanks

May be a silly question but, did you 1.) target it first? 2. made sure you didn't disable it in the rightside panel? (done that more than once myself to save fuel) 3. are you in turret mode? have to be.

May be a silly question but, did you 1.) target it first? 2. made sure you didn't disable it in the rightside panel? (done that more than once myself to save fuel) 3. are you in turret mode? have to be.

Don't have to be in turret mode all the time. If the angle isn't too bad, you can can w/o turret mode. But the plasma repeater must be enabled for the turret to work. Edit: forgot to add that you can't be too close to any ship (not just yours).

Edit: did you by chance already scan it?

Last edited:
1. Away from ship so turret is up
2. Target Data Point
3. Have Data Scan set to secondary Fire Button on menu
4. Have Deploy Hardpoints on Fire set from menu
5. Try with/without turret

Damest thing I have ever seen!! I thought it may be the way the game loaded so I save it and restarted it. Now the sat is gone???? It is not in scan range eather??? Very Strange...

Damest thing I have ever seen!! I thought it may be the way the game loaded so I save it and restarted it. Now the sat is gone???? It is not in scan range eather??? Very Strange...

Yes, the POI instances are NOT persistent after logging out. They reset and regenerate if you logout or leave orbit.

Last edited:
I have ran on to another on on another planet and the same trouble. I have playing this game for along time and this is the first time I cant scan.... Don't know now what to do. I have checked everything I gess but still no luck.

Don't have to be in turret mode all the time. If the angle isn't too bad, you can can w/o turret mode. But the plasma repeater must be enabled for the turret to work. Edit: forgot to add that you can't be too close to any ship (not just yours).

Edit: did you by chance already scan it?

Really? huh, never been able to do that outside of turretmode. Even on crashed satellites.

I have same problem with Logitech Force 3D pro + gametrix EGS. Can't scan. Found in the google temporary solution - сhange the controls to mouse and keyboard -> scan -> change back to personal settings. Thats VERY annoying because mouse+keyboard setting are Inconvenient. If anypne can help - i will be grateful.

I have same problem with Logitech Force 3D pro + gametrix EGS. Can't scan. Found in the google temporary solution - сhange the controls to mouse and keyboard -> scan -> change back to personal settings. Thats VERY annoying because mouse+keyboard setting are Inconvenient. If anypne can help - i will be grateful.

found the necro. ;)

Top Bottom