Can't transfer mission cargo to carrier?

So I thought to make those tedious "transfer 6000 units of biowaste to blahblah system" missions be a bit more enjoyable I'd transfer them via t9 to my carrier docked near the station then jump the carrier to the blahblah system and unload. Won't make it any quicker, but something different at least.

No. Computer says no.

Hopefully I've done something wrong and it's not deliberate or a bug. I've got enough spare capacity. I can't see anything that's stopping me transferring, but I've only had the carrier for a few hours.

i guess mission (delivery) cargo is specially tagged - so it's irreplaceable.
Hence you cannot transfer to a carrier (most probably because of that tag or because it will lose the tag in the process)

Raise a ticket - maybe is an oversight, a bug or it simply works as intended. (i assume the later)

You can only store source mission cargo. I guess it's there to stop people from stealing huge amounts of expensive cargo. Those thorium and weapons haulage payloads are quite valuable.

@OP - Better off stocking source or bulk haulage, the latter can earn you around 200+ mill cr if Polymer prices don't get changed in live.

Delivery mission cargo has only just become tagged as 'Mission' in the Beta to solve a commodity market issue. Being unable to transfer it is a, hopefully unintended, consequence of that fix. Bug report here...
Not convinced by the reasoning in that issue - delivery mission cargo was always marked as mission specific in the inventory listing, I think the change was to stop the market highlighting those goods as required (I would often accidentally buy goods when mixing source & delivery missions)

If they allowed mission specific cargo to be stored ... while I'm sure some would be sensible, others would just load the carrier with 200 different sets of mission Palladium going to different locations then complain they couldn't tell which Palladium was for which destination... and then demand fdev add extra info to the inventory screen so you could tell what goes where ... more work, and all to further unbalance the game.

Last edited:
Not convinced by the reasoning in that issue - delivery mission cargo was always marked as mission specific in the inventory listing, I think the change was to stop the market highlighting those goods as required (I would often accidentally buy goods when mixing source & delivery missions)

If they allowed mission specific cargo to be stored ... while I'm sure some would be sensible, others would just load the carrier with 200 different sets of mission Palladium going to different locations then complain they couldn't tell which Palladium was for which destination... and then demand fdev add extra info to the inventory screen so you could tell what goes where ... more work, and all to further unbalance the game.
You could well be right about the reasoning... but it can't harm to get it pushed from QA to a Dev to confirm. Lets put the idea in their head :)

At the moment the game already links delivery cargo to its specific mission. Take 2 or more delivery missions for the same commodity and load part of each onto your ship. They appear as separate lines in your cargo and you can only deliver the correct set to each mission. If a button in the cargo detail screen opened the linked mission screen (which already exists as a UI element from the transactions tab) you could easily see which mission that cargo set belongs to.

After that we only need the ability for Wingmates to be able to transfer cargo to/from your carrier and we're good to go :D

If a button in the cargo detail screen opened the linked mission screen (which already exists as a UI element from the transactions tab) you could easily see which mission that cargo set belongs to.
Hmm, the issue is still - someone will take on 20 missions, then (rightly) complain about having to click through 20 sets of cargo to find the ones to deliver.

It will be like the Stored Modules all over again...

CMDRS: Give us more stored modules!
fdev: m'kay - you can have 120
CMDRS: But we can't find the ones we want! Rewrite the UI! And give us more!

Hmm, the issue is still - someone will take on 20 missions, then (rightly) complain about having to click through 20 sets of cargo to find the ones to deliver.

It will be like the Stored Modules all over again...

CMDRS: Give us more stored modules!
fdev: m'kay - you can have 120
CMDRS: But we can't find the ones we want! Rewrite the UI! And give us more!
True, but people will complain about anything added-to, removed or left the same in the game, so we may as well get some benefit from it.

True, but people will complain about anything added-to, removed or left the same in the game, so we may as well get some benefit from it.
Agreed :)

(This is one of those cases where it would be nice if fdev would pop in occasionally to say 'yup - this is as intended because X', or 'no, you should be able to do that, please raise an issue'. I understand them keeping quiet about future stuff, but when we have issues even working out what was intended a quick word would do wonders :) )

Frontier really need to give us carrier missions, but at the very least they should allow us to employ them to do all existing missions.

This whole release has taken way too long to develop and it has half baked as anything they've ever done.

Top Bottom