Can't unlock an engineer because of a bug?

Fujin Tea at Futen Spaceport once again is available for me as of 13 APR 3306 15:59:06.

View attachment 169322
15. I tried going 1 jump away and coming back but it seemed to only refresh when you dropped them off at broo's. So 4x 4 jump trips. That's a sadistic way to make people waste their life. They could've at least scripted in a fujin tea pirate gang that keeps trying to steal you load on the way, getting progressively harder and more numerous the more you kill. Make a bit of fun out of it at least.

I always find this is the main problem with ED. Loads of depth, yet no soul.

Took me a full day waiting at the port for some spawn to discover this thread...how can a casual player even know this? Should they not give a alert/message on the market with this info?
It's right there when you open station services, in the middle of the screen, the greeting narrative from the station owner. It reflects the state the faction is in.

I know most people will ignore that, but what to do when the info is literally there, and is ignored? Put it there twice?

Last edited:
It's right there when you open station services, in the middle of the screen, the greeting narrative from the station owner. It reflects the state the faction is in.

I know most people will ignore that, but what to do when the info is literally there, and is ignored? Put it there twice?
Better presentation, better HCI, more interactivity, more cool stuff, more game.

Imagine you just came from zog and landed in a place in modern day Earth that was in infrastructure failure, which is basically one step away from total civilisational collapse, you'd think all the news media and the establishment would be in a blind panic. You would know about it in seconds because it would be thrown in your face... not tucked away in a "background simulation" and a bit of orange text.

As I said, ED has loads of depth, yet somehow has achieved a total lack of soul.

Still loving it though

Top Bottom