Capital Ships way to weak!

Today i was in Conflict Zone for our player fraction and a majestic class interdicter jumped in, first i thought it would be a real threat. After i destroyed some other ships (which actually done good damage) i realised the capital ship alone does almost no damage. I didn't even need a shield cell.
I mean sometimes i need shield cells when 3-4 NPC's shooting on me but an Capital Ship can't even bring my shields under 70%. This can't be right why should an capital ship be so weak?
And it's also easy to force it to jump, just destroy the heatsinks. On the second time the capital ships jumped in it took me only 5 minutes and it was gone (i'm sure someone experienced could do this way faster).

My ship is a corvette with 2200 shield, kinetic resistance ~50%, thermal ~56%, explosive ~67% and 5,1/s regen rate, i had 3 pips on system most time (sometimes only 2 and 4 on engines).

In my opinon a single player with a corvette should not be able to archive a victory so easily! It would be ok for me if it's possible alone, but it should be really hard and not that easy!

Today i was in Conflict Zone for our player fraction and a majestic class interdicter jumped in, first i thought it would be a real threat. After i destroyed some other ships (which actually done good damage) i realised the capital ship alone does almost no damage. I didn't even need a shield cell.
I mean sometimes i need shield cells when 3-4 NPC's shooting on me but an Capital Ship can't even bring my shields under 70%. This can't be right why should an capital ship be so weak?
And it's also easy to force it to jump, just destroy the heatsinks. On the second time the capital ships jumped in it took me only 5 minutes and it was gone (i'm sure someone experienced could do this way faster).

My ship is a corvette with 2200 shield, kinetic resistance ~50%, thermal ~56%, explosive ~67% and 5,1/s regen rate, i had 3 pips on system most time (sometimes only 2 and 4 on engines).

In my opinon a single player with a corvette should not be able to archive a victory so easily! It would be ok for me if it's possible alone, but it should be really hard and not that easy!

I totally agree, first time these where impressive, but later on they just get booring, as if you make them flee your side is winning, so less support from the loosing side, and you can worry less and less about the smaller ships doing damamge to you when you hunt those heat related targets, and of they go. Gets booring pretty fast once you figured this out and as you have noticed, doing this solo is no problem, done it Corvette, Anaconda and Vulture solo... Now if I encounter these in a conflict zone, I just leave... too booring.

The only aspect I love here is that they are actually jumping away, to preserve their investments, instead of just senselessly killing of this investments... But still they should have far longer staying power....

I suggested a while back that capital ships should have some special weapons.

A bit like "boss" fights in older retro space shooters.
Some kind of targetting laser can track your ship, if it gets a lock, the capital ships unleashes hell* upon you, and everything in your general direction.

You need to keep moving to avoid being locked on, which would mean stopping to take out those heat relays would be suicide.

*Each factions capital ship would use a different weapon, from capital class gattling railguns, or capital class "Packhounds". But basically, you don't want to be where those guns are aiming when they go off.

The weapon has a cooldown, and they will use it on NPCs, and even other capital ships.
And your onboard computer will warn you of capital class tracking signature or something, and to take evasive action.

I agree capital ships should be much difficult to drive away.
I also think they should never fly alone but move around in small fleets with destroyers, frigates etc. to protect them.

Top Bottom