CapyParadise Competition 🧼

Eltanin Casciani

Community Manager
Hayo Zookeepers!

We hope you had a wonderful time with Capy-cam, featuring hours of footage of our favourite self-care experts - the Capybara. They've been having quite the time being spoiled by our friends at Shepreth Wildlife Park, and thanks to all of your help, we managed to raise over £3k for the Shepreth Wildlife Conservation Charity! Thank you so much! 💚

We're not stopping the Capy indulgence though, and now we're asking you to get hands-on and build your very own Capy-Spa ✨

PZ_WLAP_Community_Competition_960x540.jpg

Create the most serene, relaxing, tranquil habitat for your Capybara and really let them live the high life, and you could be in with a chance to win. Be sure to make use of the new Hot Water Tap enrichment item too, part of the Planet Zoo: Wetlands Animal Pack!

Once your habitat is created, take some great screenshots and upload it to the Planet Zoo Steam Workshop, then simply email us at community@frontier.co.uk with your Workshop link to enter! Make sure to put the subject line as "CapyParadise Competition" so we can find your entry. All entries must be submitted by Friday 30th April 2022 at 17:00 BST 🧼

We haven't forgotten our recent PlanElt competition either! Tune in next week on Tuesday 19th April at 17:00 BST on our Twitch or Youtube, where we'll be taking a look at the entries and choosing a winner live.

Prize:
  • A Planet Zoo: Wetlands Animal Pack self-care kit
  • A Planet Zoo Penguin plushie
  • A Planet Zoo lunchbox
  • A Planet Zoo pin badge
Rules:
  • Your entry must be uploaded to the Steam Workshop with clear images, and feature a Capybara habitat, including the Hot Water Tap enrichment item
  • You may only enter once
Competition Terms and Conditions:
  • You only officially enter the competition when you have submitted your entry to community@frontier.co.uk with the subject title: 'CapyParadise Competition'
  • Your first entry will be considered as your only entry - please only send one entry.
  • All entries must be submitted by Friday 30th April at 17:00 BST.
  • Entrants must be over 13 years of age and a resident of Canada, the United States, or Europe (excluding Russia).
  • Frontier have the right to remove any entry at their sole discretion.
  • Objectionable or offensive content will be disqualified.
  • The competition will be judged by an independent panel of Frontier staff.
  • The winner will be contacted by the Frontier Community Team via email.
  • The winner has 7 days to respond and claim the prize; if no response has been received after 7 days, you forfeit your prize.
  • Frontier employees are excluded from participating in the event.
  • Frontier reserve the right to exchange any prize for a prize of similar value.
  • Frontier have the final say on the winner and prizes of the event.

what a great competition for the new mascots of Planet Zoo. I'm looking forward to the results. I'm a very plain habitat builder, so I doubt I'll enter, but we have so many amazing creators here.

Really exciting! Just wondering, how are you able to add a habitat/enclosure to the workshop? This is my first time entering the competition, so I'm a little confused. Sorry! Good luck to everyone :)

HeatherG

Volunteer Moderator
Really exciting! Just wondering, how are you able to add a habitat/enclosure to the workshop? This is my first time entering the competition, so I'm a little confused. Sorry! Good luck to everyone :)
You can click on the habitat barrier and there's a blueprint icon in the bottom right corner of it of the habitat window that pops up, like in the picture. When you put your cursor over it it will say "Save as blueprint".

And don't worry, there are no stupid questions here, and good luck!
1649987068736.png

Hmm, I was going to build a Capybara habitat anyway... not sure if I have the time to finish it, but if I can come up with something good, I might give it a try. :)

a resident of Canada, the United States, or Europe
Actually, nevermind. :(

Oh man, I have no hope of winning but as an avid pin collector the thought of a planet zoo pin is awesome! Does anyone know what they look like?

Great competition and lovely illustration! I'm currently working on a habitat, so if I'm happy with the result, I'll enter!

You can click on the habitat barrier and there's a blueprint icon in the bottom right corner of it of the habitat window that pops up, like in the picture. When you put your cursor over it it will say "Save as blueprint".

And don't worry, there are no stupid questions here, and good luck!
View attachment 302157
When saving a habitat as a blueprint, will this include all of the natural elements, landscape and enrichment items as well? Or will it just be the barriers?

When saving a habitat as a blueprint, will this include all of the natural elements, landscape and enrichment items as well? Or will it just be the barriers?
Everything inside the walls will be saved, except paths. If you want to include things that are outside the walls, you can use a null barrier around the whole thing, like a habitat including a habitat inside.

Everything inside the walls will be saved, except paths. If you want to include things that are outside the walls, you can use a null barrier around the whole thing, like a habitat including a habitat inside.
I tried this, and when I create a null barrier around then entire thing, it doesn't save already existing barriers within the null one if that makes sense? I have made a habitat, and I have included details outside of the habitat as well, that are important to the overall build, however, when I surround this habitat and extra details within the null barrier, it doesn't include the barrier walls, so my habitat looks open/empty.

Is there any way to include barriers within barriers as well?

I tried this, and when I create a null barrier around then entire thing, it doesn't save already existing barriers within the null one if that makes sense? I have made a habitat, and I have included details outside of the habitat as well, that are important to the overall build, however, when I surround this habitat and extra details within the null barrier, it doesn't include the barrier walls, so my habitat looks open/empty.

Is there any way to include barriers within barriers as well?
As far as I know, that's not possible, only the outdoor barriers are saved. You will have to add manually the inside barriers again when you download a blueprint (and therefore adding the water again if it has been removed for not having a barrier to hold it). You can mark with some building pieces where the barriers should be, so that people who download it know what to do. Also when you upload the blueprint you can add some screenshots which show how the barriers should be placed.

As far as I know, that's not possible, only the outdoor barriers are saved. You will have to add manually the inside barriers again when you download a blueprint (and therefore adding the water again if it has been removed for not having a barrier to hold it). You can mark with some building pieces where the barriers should be, so that people who download it know what to do. Also when you upload the blueprint you can add some screenshots which show how the barriers should be placed.
Ah I see. Would I be able to add my entire sandbox zoo to the workshop as an entry, if it only contains the Capybara Habitat?

Sorry for all of the questions! It's my first time ever entering a Planet Zoo competition, and I would like to make sure my habitat gets uploaded properly. How would you recommend uploading it?

Top Bottom