Car parks

This is a great idea and feels like a good addition for the next generation of theme park simulation games. It's a gateway to eventually adding hotels and full-on resorts.

To add to what others have suggested, if this were in a career mode or scenario, I envision something like this...

First scenario begins with a road that connects your parking area to the outside world. Your starting parking lot might begin with 200 spaces and guests walk to the entrance.

As your park grows, you'll want to expand your parking area to accomidate more guests so you pay to build another 200 spaces and now more guests arrive by car.

As time passes and space is limited, you can build multi-story parking garages, bus stations, rail stations etc and hire staff to drive those buses.

Even more elaborate parking areas would have stations for hop-on-hop-off trams or monorails to get peeps from the parking area to the entrance quicker. They had the tram transport ride in RCT3 but no parking lots to drive through.

All this would add to general park management. You pay cash upfront for the infrastructure and continue to pay expenses for staff (drivers), and vehicle/facility maintenance. You get revenue from bus/rail tickets and parking fees.

As for making space for this, I think it would probably share the same space as the amusement park. Im sure the developers have a maximum park size in ind. Players would have a zoning tool designate which part of the map is for the amusement park and which part is for transport and parking and the exterior fencing of the park will move accordingly.

This sounds awesome. It can also provide another challenge in terms of money.
Bus routes coming into parks will be pretty neat, and the bus stops can also be upgradable.

Trams/buses connecting car parks to multiple locations of the theme park might be a good way of diverting peep traffic.

I would like to see you start with a map just like Cities Skylines with a highway coming in and thats it. Then you can build roads, parking lots and parking garages and build your own gate to the park. Maybe even be able to build employee only roads behind the rides.

I do think this is an important way to differentiate scenarios - a city centre park like tivoli gardens might have no parking at all, whereas Alton Towers has pretty poor public transport, so devotes a large area, maybe 20% of the park to car and coach parking. Notably, the area they were able to expand parking was a bit of a walk from the entrance, so that's why they have the trams. Players would encounter similar problems, and if they didn't deal with them, they'd have to shut the entrance when the park was full.

Others have made points about other options to bring guests to the park, and you'd have to make a good mix to prevent a bottleneck in the mornings, and get guests flowing through the park quickly. Also, I think you should be able to build bike parking for local-ish residents, I think as a Cambridge developer the advantages of that would be understood [happy]

I would like to see you start with a map just like Cities Skylines with a highway coming in and thats it. Then you can build roads, parking lots and parking garages and build your own gate to the park. Maybe even be able to build employee only roads behind the rides.
Wow that would be pretty sick dude! I love the idea! [up]

I hate to say this but I think you are all clutching at straws. Being able to build your own car parks/hotels/transport facilities outside the park area, isn't going to happen. Maybe we will get something static, like the other game has already placed outside their park, but this will only be eye candy. I might be wrong and maybe Frontier will come up with something different, but I think there main priority is concentrating on making a better replacement for RCT3, which is the main intention and more important at this stage in the development.
Maybe someone from the dev team could answer some of the questions and throw more light on this subject.

Last edited:
I hate to say this but I think you are all clutching at straws. Being able to build your own car parks/hotels/transport facilities outside the park area, isn't going to happen. [...]
I still hope you wrong. This is what I expected for so many years.

Of course, there is a good chance that you are right, and they do not innovate at all, but I still hope (after all, they innovate with the voxel terrain editor, and it's amazing, so why not about the rest)

I hate to say this but I think you are all clutching at straws. Being able to build your own car parks/hotels/transport facilities outside the park area, isn't going to happen. Maybe we will get something static, like the other game has already placed outside their park, but this will only be eye candy. I might be wrong and maybe Frontier will come up with something different, but I think there main priority is concentrating on making a better replacement for RCT3, which is the main intention and more important at this stage in the development.
Maybe someone from the dev team could answer some of the questions and throw more light on this subject.

Last I checked the forum was for suggestions and ideas. Many ideas in this forum won't make it to the game, but if there is enough interest, perhaps Frontier considers it for an expansion.

Last I checked the forum was for suggestions and ideas. Many ideas in this forum won't make it to the game, but if there is enough interest, perhaps Frontier considers it for an expansion.
This + the development is not finished yet

I agree. The simulation aspect would be significantly more complex and fun should we have to consider parking and public transport. I love the idea of expanding the parking lot, working with local municipality to create public transport stations and more. Many parks now have on-site hotels and accommodation where guests can stay and take public transport directly into the park - and I would love to see this implemented. The hotel itself could be one of several stock buildings, with a simple monorail station coming out of it which could then be directed just like any other rail track. The station could be placed either outside or inside the park itself - lending another entrance point.

And speaking of entrance points - I like the idea of having multiple entrances.

Top Bottom