Cardinal Points

I intend taking a run at each of the Cardinal Points based on criteria of <1Ly off the line (ie: +/-<1:+/-<1:max & -max | +/-<1:max & -max:+/-<1 | max & -max:+/-<1:+/-<1)

Probably best to illustrate with these cords:

Top most - WREGOE TV-L C24-0 [-0.5,1215,0.9]
Bottom most - BLANCO 1 SECTOR SO-W B3-0 [0,-723,-0.5]

Been to these as part of shakedown for new Anaconda, "Quo Vardis".
Have identified following as potentials for other cardinal points (no idea if reachable but will try while you're all flying away on DW adventure)

West - CYUEFAI KV-K B49-0
East - PLAE EURL YU-K B49-0
North - SLAIYA VL-U B16-0
South - PHEIA EUQ ZT-V B29-0

Do they look right? Appreciate a sanity check from more experienced Cmdrs....

Regards,
A

Question : you doing all 6 points in one trip ? (as in not selling data till you done all of them ?) as I have an idea for a special achievement if the answer is yes :D

Nice to know. I plan to do such kind of trip too. After getting Beagle Point in Distant Worlds I will try to fly around the galaxy to find the "last" sytems on each galaxy arm, so I will try to get to those cardinal points too :)

Question : you doing all 6 points in one trip ? (as in not selling data till you done all of them ?) as I have an idea for a special achievement if the answer is yes :D

I'm all a-quiver Dognosh, you've talked me into it.....

- - - - - Additional Content Posted / Auto Merge - - - - -

Nice to know. I plan to do such kind of trip too. After getting Beagle Point in Distant Worlds I will try to fly around the galaxy to find the "last" sytems on each galaxy arm, so I will try to get to those cardinal points too :)

cool, note that my suggested cardinals are only relevant to the 0 lines - they ain't the farthest point in any direction.... There's better explorers than me already been there, got the T-Shirt and had carnal knowledge of the leading lady for those movies ;)

I intend taking a run at each of the Cardinal Points based on criteria of <1Ly off the line (ie: +/-<1:+/-<1:max & -max | +/-<1:max & -max:+/-<1 | max & -max:+/-<1:+/-<1)

Probably best to illustrate with these cords:

Top most - WREGOE TV-L C24-0 [-0.5,1215,0.9]
Bottom most - BLANCO 1 SECTOR SO-W B3-0 [0,-723,-0.5]

Been to these as part of shakedown for new Anaconda, "Quo Vardis".
Have identified following as potentials for other cardinal points (no idea if reachable but will try while you're all flying away on DW adventure)

West - CYUEFAI KV-K B49-0
East - PLAE EURL YU-K B49-0
North - SLAIYA VL-U B16-0
South - PHEIA EUQ ZT-V B29-0

Do they look right? Appreciate a sanity check from more experienced Cmdrs....

Regards,
A
Not in game and away from home computer but had this idea myself, somewhere in the pile of "Things to Do in Elite"! lol..

Question is, I imagine these 4 points are all at the same distance from Sag A*. What distance is that, if you don't mind me asking??

EDIT: Needless to say, repped and I think this is a wonderful idea

Last edited:
cool, note that my suggested cardinals are only relevant to the 0 lines - they ain't the farthest point in any direction.... There's better explorers than me already been there, got the T-Shirt and had carnal knowledge of the leading lady for those movies ;)

Uhm... I see. Then I will try to get te max z coord system, the min z, the max x and the min x. And, of course, those in the 0 axis too, just because "why not?". A few days more will not be that much in (expected ) months.

Not in game and away from home computer but had this idea myself, somewhere in the pile of "Things to Do in Elite"! lol..

Question is, I imagine these 4 points are all at the same distance from Sag A*. What distance is that, if you don't mind me asking??

EDIT: Needless to say, repped and I think this is a wonderful idea

Distances taken from GalMap:
South - PHEIA EUQ ZT-V B29-0 [-14500] - en route now...West - CYUEFAI KV-K B49-0 [-29580]
East - PLAE EURL YU-K B49-0 [27780]
North - SLAIYA VL-U B16-0 [58180]

Will plot distance to Sag A from each when I arrive and post here....

Uhm... I see. Then I will try to get te max z coord system, the min z, the max x and the min x. And, of course, those in the 0 axis too, just because "why not?". A few days more will not be that much in (expected ) months.

Take a look at:
Lyed KX-A C27-0 - Most southerly reachable?
PLAE EUHM AB-F D11-2 - Most Westerley?
MR-W E1-8 Highest above plane?

And watch DW or 65k threads for most northern point - changing on a daily basis :)

Cheers chappie :)

On another note; I think I've cocked up your stats as my 65k trip was 'only' worth 105,258,854 credits. I already had 139m in exploration credits from previous trips. Apologies for misleading the statsmeister :(

p.s. I am doing a circumnavigation of the galaxy soon, and at the very least doing the W N E and S points, haven't decided if I will do Top and Bottom too yet :) And it will take me months to do it :)

p.s. I am doing a circumnavigation of the galaxy soon, and at the very least doing the W N E and S points, haven't decided if I will do Top and Bottom too yet :) And it will take me months to do it :)

Good luck with that one... I'm doing this one in traveller mode rather than Explorer (I'll only stop to look at ELW, WW) so I'm hoping to be out a month or two at most - got the Exploraconda (Quo Vadis) so range is about 10Ly than the Asp I did the 65k trip in (The Busty Rucket).

Presume you're doing the true NESW not the 0 line points?

Currently I am heading to your WEST cardinal point, then the NORTH cardinal point, will be many days as I am going as an explorer. Will post my best effort for the west point so you can change your first post.
I will add this to the sticky once we have better data :)
p.s. The achievement for first to do all 6 in one trip is yours for the taking, so keep it up !!!

This is a very very rough(and changeable) map of my journey, I've only just started !

i6xY5d2.jpg

Annnnnnnddddddd already I am off track and going to the CEPHEUS DARK REGION (nebula ? ) :D

Currently I am heading to your WEST cardinal point, then the NORTH cardinal point, will be many days as I am going as an explorer. Will post my best effort for the west point so you can change your first post.
I will add this to the sticky once we have better data :)
p.s. The achievement for first to do all 6 in one trip is yours for the taking, so keep it up !!!

This is a very very rough(and changeable) map of my journey, I've only just started !

http://i.imgur.com/i6xY5d2.jpg

Annnnnnnddddddd already I am off track and going to the CEPHEUS DARK REGION (nebula ? ) :D

Just spent two hours on a planet learning me that SRV thang :)
I'll be finishing the trip on my bus pass!!!

ok ,you know how I said I was going to the WEST one ?
Then I got side tracked by a NEBULA ?
Well, I just got sidetracked from the nebula by a landing on a dark moon :D
I will never finish this journey :D
(and my client crashed, hence why I am browsing forums, another sidetrack thing)

You're going the opposite way to me (I'm heading Beagle-wards at the minute). Maybe we'll pass close enough to meet up for a photo op somewhere in the north west quadrant...

You're going the opposite way to me (I'm heading Beagle-wards at the minute). Maybe we'll pass close enough to meet up for a photo op somewhere in the north west quadrant...

you have dognosh in friends list ? :)
I will be mostly in DW group(KAMZEL) when that is on so we should see each other, until then I am in OPEN

Top Bottom