Cargo missions

I am having trouble delivering cargo. When I gey it to my destination, the mission board says that it is still where I picked it up from?!

Yup. When you take a cargo mission, you need to load it onto your ship before leaving.

It's a good change, but will catch you out once... it's so you can split loads and stuff, just like in wing missions.

I paid for it. Does it load automatically?

No, you have to load the cargo using the depot (unless you are doing a smuggling mission)

Just to clarify... when you take a delivery mission, the cargo you collect from the depot is marked as "Mission Specific" cargo. Just buying the same cargo off the market won't and taking that won't count. You have to deliver the stuff from the depot.

I paid for it. Does it load automatically?

Happened to me once or twice. :D On the mission board, click on the mission giver, and the mission you accepted will be on top. Load the cargo by clicking on the button (load as much as you can or want to carry), and don't forget to confirm (another button, lower than the one with which you are loading). If you do not confirm the loading process, the cargo is NOT stored in your ship, but stays behind!

Hope that helps. :)

I thought I was being smart yesterday when I took 2 delivery missions to the same station & decided to load them both in my T9. As I approached the station after being interdicted twice & boot scooting away I noticed the destination station was an outpost. No large pads on an outpost- ugh - had to abandon both missions - lost REP - got fined. DO NOT DO THIS

I thought I was being smart yesterday when I took 2 delivery missions to the same station & decided to load them both in my T9. As I approached the station after being interdicted twice & boot scooting away I noticed the destination station was an outpost. No large pads on an outpost- ugh - had to abandon both missions - lost REP - got fined. DO NOT DO THIS

Or you could buy a medium ship and have that nearby... I gave up on large ships and doing missions. I like the T9/10, really feels like you're running a big ship, the Corvette feels like a warship should to me, but... I got tired of filling up the ship at one port and never finding more than 1 deliver mission to a large pad (without doing underpaying wing missions) a the delivery locations. Spending more time trying to figure out what I can fill up my hold with than it took to run the average mission was frustrating to me.

So now I run a Krait. I love the way it handles, good jump range, good speed and almost as good views as the T9. The best part is, I can almost always find good mission and fill up the ship with ease no matter what my configuration. I can quickly load out the Krait for combat or mining so I'm good. And I make plenty of credits, 30 million last night in a couple of hours of mission running. I quite enjoyed myself... Certainly better than spending a lot of time trying to find the best deal... But you may enjoy that aspect.

So now I run a Krait. I love the way it handles, good jump range, good speed and almost as good views as the T9. The best part is, I can almost always find good mission and fill up the ship with ease no matter what my configuration. I can quickly load out the Krait for combat or mining so I'm good. And I make plenty of credits, 30 million last night in a couple of hours of mission running. I quite enjoyed myself... Certainly better than spending a lot of time trying to find the best deal... But you may enjoy that aspect.

Pleiades is in boom dude, constant stream of 6 mill plus missions. Also plenty of smuggling missions (which I use my Krait for) I did a quick 3 jump hop last night, 65 million in 16 minutes. From the traffic reports out here it seems others have caught on, also the first time I had to wait for a landing pad at DP due to the T9's and Cutters at the port.

Best options are Maia point/DP/Agricolas Accent.. Those HUBS will take you to all the other good ports in the area. Nice thing is that it is all short range, so if you fly in OPEN, you can tank the hell out of your freighter, jump range is completely irrelevant (not that I get bothered in OPEN these days)

Pleiades is in boom dude, constant stream of 6 mill plus missions. Also plenty of smuggling missions (which I use my Krait for) I did a quick 3 jump hop last night, 65 million in 16 minutes. From the traffic reports out here it seems others have caught on, also the first time I had to wait for a landing pad at DP due to the T9's and Cutters at the port.

Best options are Maia point/DP/Agricolas Accent.. Those HUBS will take you to all the other good ports in the area. Nice thing is that it is all short range, so if you fly in OPEN, you can tank the hell out of your freighter, jump range is completely irrelevant (not that I get bothered in OPEN these days)

Bunch of Pleiades nuts.

Sounds like I need to take my second account out there...

Top Bottom