ANNOUNCEMENT Carowinds Copperhead Strike and Classic Rides Collection Coming Soon!

If it's another Ferris Wheel some-ones getting punched..

Just kidding.. Although I'm not sure WHAT this one could be that we don't already have in game? HeltaSkelta? Mazes? Waltzers? Top Scans? Magic Carpet? Non-Spinning Wild Mouse?

I'd LOVE to see a mid-way games DLC too... give us hook-a-duck and stuff please! Although super hyped about another all-ride pack!

Paul_Crowther

Community Manager
Frontier
Variety Packs, with both Scenery & Rides. Is all we want.

Rides are tricky to develop and require a lot of development time and resources. By focusing specifically on rides we're able to give you a lot more high quality rides than may be possible in a combined pack and still keep the pack around the same fair price. If you have specific scenery you really want to see in the game reach out to one of the talented Thememaker's Toolkit creators and see if they can make something for you!

Rides are tricky to develop and require a lot of development time and resources. By focusing specifically on rides we're able to give you a lot more high quality rides than may be possible in a combined pack and still keep the pack around the same fair price. If you have specific scenery you really want to see in the game reach out to one of the talented Thememaker's Toolkit creators and see if they can make something for you!
I think Frontier should focus on rides going forward. Like Paul said Thememaker's Toolkit is a great source for new scenery.

I need this coaster Now! Was going to start an automotive area in my park today but I guess that will have to wait! I thought I would have to wait until wed. for any news--the stream are marked on my calendar

I hope Frontier will be doing more partnerships with theme parks around the world going forward. This is a really nice surprise

I am super curious which 9 attractions will be featured in the DLC. Calling it "classic rides" could really mean a lot of potential candidates - after all "classic" is pretty vague, depending on who you ask :D

But as far as speculation goes, here are my guesses:

Coasters:
1. Wild Mouse (Steel, non-Spinning)
2. Bobsleds (Non-wooden, Standard cars)

Water Rides:
3. Boat Ride

Flat Rides:
4. Top Scan
5. The Whip
6. Tagada
7. Rotor/Gravitron (?)
8. Motion Simulator

Transport Rides:
9. ???

But to be honest, I already find it hard to figure out which rides could be considered classics. E.g. if you look at old RCT3 attractions, I am not sure if many of them already have to be excluded to Planco's specifics:
  • water-based rides (swan boats, row boats): Group logic of guests
  • Larger rides (topple tower, sky sling, sky swing): unpopular due to size requirements (height or footprint)
  • RCT3 gentle rides (Mirror maze, 3D cinema): just having rabbit holes might be seen as cheap and be unpopular

Also, I find it very difficult to think of an attraction that may come in two variants! Is it the size again? Could it be theming-wise this time? :unsure:

Just a thought but could we all be viewing the term classic wrong?

Maybe instead of classic as in old rides or traditional rides, it could mean classic theme park rides (as in rides you’d find in most theme parks - a classic/usual attraction)

I.e. Large flume, Swan Boats, Waltzers style attractions, discus etc?

Just a thought about viewing classic in different ways! 😊

How about some carnival rides like Thunder Bobs and Gravitron that were in RCT3? Carnival rides pack? Although we don't know what rides are in the classic pack yet. Last year though we got Vintage Pack with classic rides, and we got classic rides at other times as well. I wonder what classic rides they could do this time? Maybe a Whip, rotor, boat chute, Traver circle swing with rockets, double ferris wheel from RCT3, etc.

Top Bottom