ANNOUNCEMENT Carowinds Copperhead Strike and Classic Rides Collection Coming Soon!

Rides are tricky to develop and require a lot of development time and resources. By focusing specifically on rides we're able to give you a lot more high quality rides than may be possible in a combined pack and still keep the pack around the same fair price. If you have specific scenery you really want to see in the game reach out to one of the talented Thememaker's Toolkit creators and see if they can make something for you!
Exactly my opinion,focusing on new rides is much smarter with thememakers toolkit. If you guys really want more scenery ask good creators(there are many) or make it yourself.

What I was wondering, if it's now possible to stop the train before launching with the mack ride train? :)

I would love that as well, that they give us the same pause function some other launch coasters already have. But with Copperhead Strike i think it doesn't use that feature. It rolls out of the station in a corkscrew.

Well, speaking as someone who loves creating for the Thememaker's Toolkit, I'd still very much like to see more scenery packs from Frontier in the future! They've got such a beautiful style, and there are things they can do that we're limited on (larger pieces, tiny pieces, more complicated animations, etc.)

That being said, I'm hyped to see the next rides pack! Really curious to see what it'll bring!

But why do they have to leave us hanging as to what classic rides they are? The word classic indicates that they are traditional amusement rides found in older parks and parks of the past, rides made from the 1920’s to the 1970’s. We already have a bunch in Planet Coaster. Tilt-a-whirl, scrambler, carousel, rock o plane, roll o plane, the other ride with one cabin like a roll o plane, Zozo I think the game called it, round up, etc. About water park rides, have they completely given up on even attempting to do them? They say the way the water and guests are coded now water slides, swimming pools and stuff like RCT3 are impossible? Only rides that are closed circuit and guests ride in a vehicle are possible? Well then they could at least make the dinghy slide from RCT which is closed circuit like a coaster and guests ride on tubes or rafts. Would a mini golf like RCT2 and 3 work in Planet Coaster?

Last edited:
I would love that as well, that they give us the same pause function some other launch coasters already have. But with Copperhead Strike i think it doesn't use that feature. It rolls out of the station in a corkscrew.
It would be cool that a pause function is featured, cause the original Copperhead stopsa fter the corkscrew in a little hut before it launches :)

Hello coaster friends!

Spring is in the air and that means that around the world, theme parks are re-opening for the year ahead. We can't wait to get back to our favourites and we know many of you can't either.
We are delighted to announce we have partnered up with Carowinds in North Carolina to bring you the Copperhead Strike! This 50mph twisting and looping coaster train is beautifully themed like the original American hot-rods. It packs a real punch with its double launching track layout, which boasts an inverted top hat, two 360 loops, a corkscrew, and a unique jojo roll straight out the station. The track has been faithfully recreated from its real-life counterpart’s technical specifications, so it’s as close as you can get to riding the real thing!
You can soon experience it in Planet Coaster, but if you cannot wait, then watch the amazing new trailer here:

The Copperhead Strike coaster will be available to all of our friends for FREE and to celebrate, Community Managers Chanté and Bo will host a livestream with Carowinds Rep Lisa Stryker on 10 April 2019, at 6PM UTC on the Planet Coaster YouTube channel. Also keep an eye on our social channels this week for some exciting giveaways such as Carowinds Park Tickets!

We are also overjoyed to announce the Classic Rides Collection, which will be arriving alongside the free 1.11 Copperhead Strike update on 16 April, 2019! Similar to our last content collection, this one will have nine new rides for you, one of which with two variations. Make sure you keep an eye on our social channels over the next few days, as we have exciting ride reveals that we cannot wait to share with you all!
Chanté :)

I can’t wait to see the new rides. Chanté is a nice name, is it French? Do you pronounce it ShahnTAY?

new rides always nice. but love to see some new station's for the ride's. some of them are incorrect or big in size. x-coaster is not real whit getting in and out.

So, they concentrate themself on the rides and we can do the scenery by ourselfs? I like new rides and that old car coaster looks nice. But if that is all again, then it is a little disappointing.

So, they concentrate themself on the rides and we can do the scenery by ourselfs? I like new rides and that old car coaster looks nice. But if that is all again, then it is a little disappointing.
Why? Rides take a lot more time to make and they make a lot more sense as we already got so many themed packs and they might even ran out of ideas. So they leave the scenery to us and give us new rides with many functions,that take a lot of time to make. Yes frontier scenery had a lot of quality,but honestly from what the thememakers toolkit has given us so far,the quality is pretty close to the themed dlcs.

I totally agree with DisneylandFreak. Frontier gave us some great scenery packs and now they should just focus on adding more rides. Rides take much longer to create than scenery packs. The last rides DLC was really well done and this new Classic Rides DLC will be even better. Frontier please keep doing these rides DLC's they add so much more to Planet Coaster.

Last edited:
Why? Rides take a lot more time to make and they make a lot more sense as we already got so many themed packs and they might even ran out of ideas. So they leave the scenery to us and give us new rides with many functions,that take a lot of time to make. Yes frontier scenery had a lot of quality,but honestly from what the thememakers toolkit has given us so far,the quality is pretty close to the themed dlcs.

I totally agree with DisneylandFreak. Frontier gave us some great scenery packs and now they should just focus on adding more rides. Rides take much longer to create than scenery packs. The last rides DLC was really well done and this new Classic Rides DLC will be even better. Frontier please keep doing these rides DLC's they add some much more to Planet Coaster.

Okay, then I look forward to your next objects in the TMT Workshop.

Okay, then I look forward to your next objects in the TMT Workshop.
I did say that there are other talented creators out there. I'm definiteley not one of them. But Castaway does some really nice themed sets and on the old forum there was a thread were you could request items and people would actually make them for you.

Top Bottom