ANNOUNCEMENT Carowinds Copperhead Strike and Classic Rides Collection Coming Soon!

Shyguy should remake his Main Street sets for Planet Coaster. Especially the steep slanted roof pieces and corner pieces, I think they are called veranda. StationJim had great sets for RCT3.
There were lot of guys who created great cso sets: e.g. Ralfvieh, DasMatze, Belgabor, Old Spice. I could list a lot more. ;)

So, they concentrate themself on the rides and we can do the scenery by ourselfs? I like new rides and that old car coaster looks nice. But if that is all again, then it is a little disappointing.

We had 5 DLCs with new scenery post initial game release, this is just the 2nd ride-only pack. We can't have it both ways ;) Will you be buying it anyway Spanky?

Btw why do these threads always end up as a request thread? Guys we gets there's things you want in the game, posting them here doesn't ensure you're going to get them :)

I am one state over from that park, but since I don't actually go to parks * tickets wouldn't do me any good. lol.

* I don't go to parks because I can't handle a lot of sun and heat. Haven't been to one since I was a kid. I'd probably go to a European park but in the US they are always too hot for me.

Super excited - Maybe a Steam Boat/Paddle Steamer transport ride, Thompsons Scenic Railway classic coaster and some sort of excellent River Caves/dark ride type boat ride . . . Either way - even more brilliant content for such a wonderful game. The Copperhead Strike coaster is something I was secretly hoping for - the car variation will be so useful, beautiful and inspiring, thanks Frontier - you folk are just incredible and help make my recovery from illness that little bit brighter, heart felt thanks, G

We had 5 DLCs with new scenery post initial game release, this is just the 2nd ride-only pack. We can't have it both ways ;) Will you be buying it anyway Spanky?

Btw why do these threads always end up as a request thread? Guys we gets there's things you want in the game, posting them here doesn't ensure you're going to get them :)
To answer your question. Yes, I will buy the new DLC, like I have bought any DLC before, including the three little ones (Munsters, BTTF, Knight Rider).

We had 5 DLCs with new scenery post initial game release .... true, but any of this packages come in a combination of Scenery AND Rides, right???? And we also had a lot of free updates, always made up of rides and scenery. Why can not we continue to have both ways, as you write? What's suddenly wrong with a combination of Scenery and Rides in a DLC?

We need some Flying Bobs & a Wipeout!
maxresdefault.jpg

Wipeout_TradersVillage.jpg

I am one state over from that park, but since I don't actually go to parks * tickets wouldn't do me any good. lol.

* I don't go to parks because I can't handle a lot of sun and heat. Haven't been to one since I was a kid. I'd probably go to a European park but in the US they are always too hot for me.
Climate change. That’s why the summers are more hot and humid. In my area, eastern PA in the US it gets brutal from May to September and even October last year there were hot days. My local amusement park is open from the first weekend in May to the end of October this year. In the summer it gets very uncomfortable sometimes in my upstairs room where I have my computer with Planet Coaster on it because we don’t have central air, just a window unit downstairs. I wind up putting a fan on the table and having it blow in my face if I have to go on the computer when it’s hot and humid.

Last edited:
Having ridden Copperhead Strike, I'm really impressed with the faithfulness. The hang time on this ride is CRAZY, I'm glad they were able to get some of that in. And I'm wondering if there is some new scenery pieces other than signs, the inside of the launch building looks spot on. I would love to see some of the queue scenery as well, there are some really funny pieces, like the his/hers/theirs outhouses. It's not quite as good of a ride as it's Intamin counterpart up at the point (Maverick) but definitely a good ride.

HOWEVER, I would point out a correction to the press release... The park is in BOTH North Carolina and South Carolina. And actually, the coaster itself sits in the South Carolina side... Come on now, you guys could get the blueprints, but not it's correct location? lol

WOW! Amazing news and again, thank you Team Frontier for your continued hard work. This looks really beautiful and I can't wait to see what's in the new pack.

I'm so excited, I think a bit of wee came out 😬

How about some carnival rides like Thunder Bobs and Gravitron that were in RCT3? Carnival rides pack? Although we don't know what rides are in the classic pack yet. Last year though we got Vintage Pack with classic rides, and we got classic rides at other times as well. I wonder what classic rides they could do this time? Maybe a Whip, rotor, boat chute, Traver circle swing with rockets, double ferris wheel from RCT3, etc.
Love your choices. Would love to see the double ferris wheel myself. Even though we have a few choices already on ferris wheels. the double ferris wheel stands out!

I liked the vanilla and themed rides we got in RCT3. I hope we get some more rides from RCT3 like the ones I mentioned, I would really love a Thunder Bobs and Gravitron which are classic rides. Gravitron though was only around since 1983 when the prototype debuted at Morey’s Pier in North Wildwood, NJ. They still have a Gravitron, probably a newer model. A rotor like RCT3 would be nice, too. I haven’t played RCT3 in a while, in fact it’s not on my computer anymore but I have my files backed up on an external drive. RCT3 is dead now with Planet Coaster. Hardly anybody is making custom scenery and rides for RCT3 anymore. But, I downloaded a ton of stuff for it.

Last edited:

WingardiumLevicoaster

Volunteer Moderator

Climate change. That’s why the summers are more hot and humid. In my area, eastern PA in the US it gets brutal from May to September and even October last year there were hot days. My local amusement park is open from the first weekend in May to the end of October this year. In the summer it gets very uncomfortable sometimes in my upstairs room where I have my computer with Planet Coaster on it because we don’t have central air, just a window unit downstairs. I wind up putting a fan on the table and having it blow in my face if I have to go on the computer when it’s hot and humid.

We had a pretty hot heat wave in Europe last summer.. however there is a lot of miserable spring and autumn for you to enjoy.

Yes, Flying Bobs or Thunder Bobs like the RCT3 ride would be nice. It’s different enough from the Weisshorn and Monte Leone. It has swinging suspended cars. When will we first know what new rides we are getting? Livestream this week? A screenshot each day of a ride starting tomorrow?

And then there's Australia - Temps just West of me hit 48 degree's Celsius about a month ago and the whole Country was hotter than any other recorded year.

lilbat - you could possibly melt here. Our Winter would be like your hot summers.

Top Bottom