ANNOUNCEMENT Carowinds Copperhead Strike and Classic Rides Collection Coming Soon!

Very nice looking and certainly welcome, but it with it being heavily themed it may not be used by everyone.

I'm hoping that most of these will be more generic in theme so we can add our own theming and have them fit in with more park styles.

Still, any new ride is appreciated!
Yeah,that's a bit sad. But it's still a great ride and can definitely be used in a chinese or fantasy theme. Also finally we have a second observation tower xd.

I really hope that the new pack includes one or more of the following rides:
  • Flying Carpet
  • Wipeout/HullyGully
  • Condor
  • Rockin' Tug
  • Mini Gyro Drop Tower
  • Farm Train
  • Rodeo Bull (This riding simulator was also in RCT3)
  • A classic Paratrooper
  • Graviton
What I really wish is that we get all flat rides (as well as tracked ride and coaster cars) in differently themed/styled versions. Is it difficult to give a flat ride a new skin?
Your list would make for a great DLC. I'm hoping we get a classic Whip ride and some classic kiddie rides as well.

Like previous DLC's I'll hold off judgement until all Rides are announced, only I thought this was supposed to be a 'Classic' pack, this ride is rather niche, with a heavy Asian theme, certainly not a ride that was requested. I guess if the Dev's are not perpared to write some new Peep code, then they're rather restricting themselves as to the types of rides they can create, and are now rather 'scrapping the barrel' with yet another un-requested 'Spinny' flat.......but like I say, I'll hold off judgement. They might surprise me with the Helter Skelter I've been requesting, but if it isn't introduced after a 'Vintage' and a 'Classic' pack, then I guess it never will be.

Last edited:
Like previous DLC's I'll hold off judgement until all Rides are announced, only I thought this was supposed to be a 'Classic' pack, this ride is rather niche, with a heavy Asian theme, certainly not a ride that was requested. I guess if the Dev's are not perpared to write some new Peep code, then they're rather restricting themselves as to the types of rides they can create, and are now rather 'scrapping the barrel' with yet another un-requested 'Spinny' flat.......but like I say, I'll hold off judgement. They might surprise me with the Helter Skelter I've been requesting, but if it isn't introduced after a 'Vintage' and a 'Classic' pack, then I guess it never will be.
I feel the same way. I'm hoping this pack has a lot of surprises and rides that we don't already have in the game.

Oh. That is fast delivery. A beautiful big scenery part for bigger parks.

Very nice. I used that in RCT 3 as a ride a lot.

Chante Goodman

Community Manager
Frontier
HOWEVER, I would point out a correction to the press release... The park is in BOTH North Carolina and South Carolina. And actually, the coaster itself sits in the South Carolina side... Come on now, you guys could get the blueprints, but not it's correct location? lol

Thanks for letting us know! You can talk about it during our stream with Carowinds rep Lisa Stryker tomorrow at 6PM UTC! :) Hope to see you there!

Sky Temple looks absolutely gorgeous. Very elegant. Let's see what the team can do with the size of the footprint, but we'll just have to wait and see :) Here's hoping for more kiddie rides and a boat-based dark ride(like Pirates or Fata Morgana)!

Sky Temple may not be everybody's cup of tea, but you can feel the love and attention the team put into this replica. Either way, great start of what I'm sure will be a beautiful pack.

Was this an official RCT3 ride? I think it was a CTR?
Anyway, I hope that peeps will ride this ride this time. My Obersvation Tower does hardly get any riders.
Yes. CFR and i loved it every minute from when it was released.

I tried a lot to get in game PC visitors to ride all ferris wheels (big to very small), the view tower, pirate ship or teacups.
When i run the park, just to look at the guest flow, i force them to ride them by keeping all other attractions closed at first. :D
The rest of the time it is just pretty, expensive scenery.

Last edited:
I think for a ride to be classic it has to have a certain longevity, reptutation or impact. The ride should offer a distinct ride sensation, at best being the first of its kind or a kind of blueprint for rides that build on it. (eg. Breadance: Classic Ride; Elixir Machine: Not a classic ride)
It should also be known throughout most of the world, which -to my knowledge- is not the case with the Flying Island.

WingardiumLevicoaster

Volunteer Moderator
I think for a ride to be classic it has to have a certain longevity, reptutation or impact. The ride should offer a distinct ride sensation, at best being the first of its kind or a kind of blueprint for rides that build on it. (eg. Breadance: Classic Ride; Elixir Machine: Not a classic ride)
It should also be known throughout most of the world, which -to my knowledge- is not the case with the Flying Island.
But it is known by almost every Dutch person and a large number of Dutch people play and are active in the community. So perhaps it's for recognition of that... And it's from a park where a yearly community meet up occurs with people from across Europe.

But it is known by almost every Dutch person and a large number of Dutch people play and are active in the community. So perhaps it's for recognition of that... And it's from a park where a yearly community meet up occurs with people from across Europe.

Not only that. there have been multiple installations from Intamin since 1982.

NameTypeParkCountryOpenedStatus
Flying IslandFlying IslandGardaland Italy Itlay2000Operating
Island in the SkyFlying IslandLegoland Florida United States United States1982Closed
PagodeFlying IslandEfteling Netherlands Netherlands1986Operating
UnknownFlying IslandAnkara City Park Turkey Turkey2016Operating
UnknownFlying IslandAyameike Amusement Park Japan Japan1989Removed
UnknownFlying IslandExpo '90 Japan Japan1990Unknown
UnknownFlying IslandHappy Valley Chengdu China China2009Operating
UnknownFlying IslandHappy Valley Shanghai China China2009Operating
UnknownFlying IslandNabana no Sato
Nagashima Spa Land
Japan Japan2005
1990 to 2004
Operating
UnknownFlying IslandNanchang Wanda Park China China2016Operating