ANNOUNCEMENT Carowinds Copperhead Strike and Classic Rides Collection Coming Soon!

Finally a boat fit for darkrides, thank you!

I'm a bit on the fence for the rest of the pack, unfortunately. "Magnificent" Rides was already a title you could disagree about, but "Classic" seems very open to interpretation. I personally have had it with all the old/barebone/fairground-style rides, but I'm European and from what I've read, a lot of people (mostly Americans) are very happy with rides like this. It's only logical - from a business point of view - that it's a mixed bag and Frontier tries to please everyone a bit of course. :)

Very unfortunate the height adjustment won't be applied to the older rides, but I kind of expected that to happen. Very strange rides, those Condor-things.

I had hoped for a doom buggy, a classic in my book, but you can't have everything I guess. With the Armada and the Sky Temple, it's another must buy for me.

I'm a bit on the fence for the rest of the pack, unfortunately. "Magnificent" Rides was already a title you could disagree about, but "Classic" seems very open to interpretation. I personally have had it with all the old/barebone/fairground-style rides, but I'm European and from what I've read, a lot of people (mostly Americans) are very happy with rides like this. It's only logical - from a business point of view - that it's a mixed bag and Frontier tries to please everyone a bit of course. :)
Yes, you can see Frontier tried to cover a wide audience which was smart. The same way you're not a fan of the old fairground-style rides - I can't get enough of them, and I wasn't thrilled about Sky Temple. As for Armada, I agree - definitely a great pick!

I love all of the rides that Frontier added to Planet Coaster. Let's hope they do more of these all rides DLC's.
I've got a feeling the next pack will be a scenery one. I do want another rides pack, but they have to try cater to all their players, and there is still a cry for more scenery packs.

I've got a feeling the next pack will be a scenery one. I do want another rides pack, but they have to try cater to all their players, and there is still a cry for more scenery packs.

Be nice if Frontier take the bold step and actually ask us players what we would like as the next DLC, not the next one, as it’s probably already being worked on, but the one after that.

The adjustable heights really made me happy. 3 of the rides in this DLC I requested the Paratrooper, The Whip and The Condor. I like it when Frontier adds our rides requests into the game.

I still think we need another ride pack or two to flesh out the rides. We have enough scenery. Each pack has about 10 rides. Maybe an Extreme Rides pack (Sky Swing, Slingshot, Skyscraper, etc.) and another assorted rides pack with rides like Flying Bobs, 1st gen Intamin freefall, gravitron, wipeout, Chaos, a vintage Ferris wheel with open seats, Chance Skydiver, diesel streamliner train. I would say there are two more DLC’s this year.

I still think we need another ride pack or two to flesh out the rides. We have enough scenery. Each pack has about 10 rides. Maybe an Extreme Rides pack (Sky Swing, Slingshot, Skyscraper, etc.) and another assorted rides pack with rides like Flying Bobs, 1st gen Intamin freefall, gravitron, wipeout, Chaos, a vintage Ferris wheel with open seats, Chance Skydiver, diesel streamliner train. I would say there are two more DLC’s this year.
I agree Planet Coaster still needs ride packs. I know that they can't add everything in each DLC. I would like to see a all rides DLC just for Kiddie Rides.

Also, I would rather have had skyway cars like 1970’s Von Roll bucket gondolas than these modern ones with glass windows and curved sides. And the classic type open seat ones with the round colored covers like 1960’s 1970’s. Maybe in the future they can make those. There is plenty of info out there about amusement rides past and present. I wonder if the devs misinterpreted what bucket gondolas meant or if there is a ride in the UK with these modern enclosed cabins that they based the new skies vehicles on? How about some alternate monorail trains as well, like we had in RCT 1-3? See, I want Planet Coaster to beat every other coaster game out there, including RCT3, and that can only happen if they add a lot of the rides from RCT3 but upgraded, plus rides that weren’t officially in RCT3 and features RCT3 didn’t have like midway games.

Last edited:
Also, I would rather have had skyway cars like 1970’s Von Roll bucket gondolas than these modern ones with glass windows and curved sides. And the classic type open seat ones with the round colored covers like 1960’s 1970’s. Maybe in the future they can make those. There is plenty of info out there about amusement rides past and present. I wonder if the devs misinterpreted what bucket gondolas meant or if there is a ride in the UK with these modern enclosed cabins that they based the new skies vehicles on? How about some alternate monorail trains as well, like we had in RCT 1-3? See, I want Planet Coaster to beat every other coaster game out there, including RCT3, and that can only happen if they add a lot of the rides from RCT3 but upgraded, plus rides that weren’t officially in RCT3 and features RCT3 didn’t have like midway games.

5b9815d53cccd164008b45c7-750-417.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

Texas_State_Fair_Skyway_2.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom