***Carrier Signal Compromised***

what is a carrier signal? how would it be compromised? I don't understand anything, but this sounds like some kind of clue.

Hey guys,

Some of the eagle-eyed amongst you may have noticed that there have been a few reports of compromised carrier signals in local news bulletins.

Keep an eye out for these on your travels as they may lead you to something of interest. ;)

Mysterioulsy yours,

Zac

Would that be exclusively inside the bubble? (DW explorer here)
I recall seeing "carrier signal decrypting" or similar on erm... dodgy BB missions.

Hey guys,

Some of the eagle-eyed amongst you may have noticed that there have been a few reports of compromised carrier signals in local news bulletins.

Keep an eye out for these on your travels as they may lead you to something of interest. ;)

Mysterioulsy yours,

Zac

Is this a planet side PoI?

Guess I will have to find a Alien home world and ask if I can take a look at their bulletin board...

Last edited:
what is a carrier signal? how would it be compromised? I don't understand anything, but this sounds like some kind of clue.
A carrier (I'm actually describing a carrier wave, no idea if FDev intend something different for a "carrier signal") is a constant stream of analog waveform (think 'blank radio waves' for simplicity). It is then modulated to "attach" a signal to it through a satellite modem, amplified (amped signal, not power, through a block upconverter), and shot at the communication satellite.

I get that this is a UK company working on a UK time frame but do you think you guys could ever have events start say after UK gaming prime time? It would be nice to be able to participate early on in these events and not hours after they've been figured out.

Edit: NM this isn't an event so much as just another thing we'll find in our travels. Though my point isn't really relevant to this topic I still hope Frontier understands my gripe.

Last edited:
Nobody cares about some signals.

Everyone by now is so accustomed to the simple fact that there's never anything new or unknown at any "unknown signal" or "place of interest" locations that nobody is bothered to look for anything interesting. The gameplay is exceedingly repetitive, monotonous and unoriginal.

And also there's the fact that any news item or community goal does not directly impact game mechanic, gameplay or experience of the player. So why should we bother? Plus it's extremely easy to miss those. I, for one, never know about current community goals, I don't even know where to look for this information in the game.

Last edited:
Top Bottom