Powerplay CC Income Bug Update - Winters is Blatantly Cheating

Last cycle (279) Winters has dropped to another low in the Power Play community; 5 weeks ago a bug appeared after the last game update that resulted in ALD and Torval missing a large number of CC that's rightfully theirs. An Issue Report was submitted to FDev carefully detailing the problems.

As soon as Winters found out about the bug by reading the Bug report, they started trolling the report in their attempt to delay the fix, and they immediately started attacking Torval.

Several of the leaders of the other Power Play groups have contacted Winters leadership to ask them to behave honourably and not to use the exploit, and to cease their attack until the bug has been fixed by FDev.

Winters has instead blanket undermined Torval, and because of their artificially low CC caused by the Bug, Torval is going to lose several systems. A bunch of CC will then be returned to Winters, CC that would otherwise be impossible for Winters to get.

Winters is cheating and simply don't care that everyone can see it.

The last message from Winters leadership to the other Power leaders was: "it's in the game so we'll use it".

Just let the last statement sinks in for a moment, what does it mean? It means that Winters' leadership don't care about fair play in the gaming community, they feel entitled to use any means necessary against their opponents in order to win. All their talks about open Power Play, fairness, etc, they meant it for everyone else.

We cannot allow Winters to get away with any of these; This is why we had to punish Winters so hard and reduce them to the smallest power in the game to try to police them.

Additionally we must continue to put pressure on FDev to remind them that the Bug is game breaking and must be fixed as soon as possible. So to those who hasn't got around to do it yet, it would really help if you would take a minute to review the bug report filed by the Power Play community and upvote it (https://issues.frontierstore.net/issue-detail/19523).

When you say "Winters", you are actually talking about people playing the game, not the fictional PP character, correct?

Yes, the CMDRs that are pledged to Winters, specifically their leaders who are taking advantage of the current situation.

No, it's long standing power play only bug, just someone noticed it on last phase of operation that was executed over several months, and no, it's unlike what Mo Mo is saying, Torval is not turmoiled becouse of PP bug, but becouse of 2 weaponized expansions that empire failed to defend, and becouse of failures in fortification, somehow before those expansions, nobody in empire cared, Torval had surplus CC for months and was using "cheat" to lounch wepaonized expansions into federation earlier thx to this.

No, it's long standing power play only bug, just someone noticed it on last phase of operation that was executed over several months, and no, it's unlike what Mo Mo is saying, Torval is not turmoiled becouse of PP bug, but becouse of 2 weaponized expansions that empire failed to defend, and becouse of failures in fortification, somehow before those expansions, nobody in empire cared, Torval had surplus CC for months and was using "cheat" to lounch wepaonized expansions into federation earlier thx to this.

Ramius' statement is incorrect. A few weeks ago Grom lost a couple of systems in a turmoil, those were weaponized expansions targeted at ALD and ZT (Torval). Once those systems were lost ALD and ZT should have received a large CC refund, but that didn't happen, that was the bug. ZT's CC is artificially low at the moment because of the missing CC they should have gain from Grom's turnmoil, which has enabled Winters to turmoil them with ease.

Which part excactly of what i wrote is "incorrect"? I m curious, i only noticed lounch instead of launch, can happen when you write something 3AM :)

Torval is not turmoiled becouse of PP bug

They were turmoiled because of the CC Income bug; they were missing a huge amount of CC that's rightfully theirs, if they had the correct CC, Winters wouldn't be able to turmoil them so easily.

Torval CC that were missing from Bulkuylkana is a bit less than 50CC, they are based -91 CC, so whether they got the CC back or not they would have been in turmoil. These bugs have been around since 2016 both inflation of CC and deflation and has affected all of us, ask Misa who was the first to notice the CC bug in 2017, the consensus back then was, if we want to halt activities everytime such bug happens we would just quit powerplay, these are your ex leadership words. If not of the excess of over 200 CC that Troval had gained from a similar CC bug, that is free CC with no overhead, equivalent of getting 4 to 5 profitable systems, if that bug did not happened Torval couldn't have kamikazi itself into Winters. We have since then been trying to work around these bugs. In reality this bug affects everyone, we do not know if we will gain any CC back from liberating the weaponised systems that torval (using a similar bug) threw on us. Again the Empire only see this as unfair when it doesn't benefit them.

EDIT: Torval's excess CC allowed it to chop 800CC from Winters...800CC, with or without this current bug, at most Winters can get back 100CC.

Last edited:
The CC Income Bug is NOT the same as the Inflation Bug which has been around for a very long time. The author of the bug report (see my original post) has already provided detailed information about both bugs.

At the end of the day, we just need all the bugs fixed, asap. I hope FDev is monitoring all these, can see that these bugs are causing a lot of grieves amongst the pp community, and get them sorted.

I totally agree here... Fdev needs to start fixing Powerplay, and start acknowledging that it is more alive than they like to admit, in fact if there is anything immersive about Elite, it is Powerplay. It is sad to see Fdev keep treating us as second class costumers.

PS: The CC bug is a CC bug, both bugs have happened in the past sometimes at the same time, where it is one code error or two we do not know. My point was not if it was the same or not. My point is, as Misa said, some bugs are always around and the only way to avoid them is to stop playing, we are asking if this is what you are asking us to do, stop playing?

I totally agree here... Fdev needs to start fixing Powerplay, and start acknowledging that it is more alive than they like to admit, in fact if there is anything immersive about Elite, it is Powerplay. It is sad to see Fdev keep treating us as second class costumers.

PS: The CC bug is a CC bug, both bugs have happened in the past sometimes at the same time, where it is one code error or two we do not know. My point was not if it was the same or not. My point is, as Misa said, some bugs are always around and the only way to avoid them is to stop playing, we are asking if this is what you are asking us to do, stop playing?

I'm glad that you agree, getting the bugs fixed is the priority right now, so if you haven't got round to it yet, please take a moment to review the bug report and upvote it. Thanks!

Top Bottom