Cedar Point coming to Planet Coaster!!!

UPDATE April 7, 2020: It’s FINALLY here! Welcome to Neezy216’s playable Cedar Point Recreation!

Cedar Point (Playable - Full Recreation By Neezy216)

I like the shots of your park. Now I'm going to share a shot of mine. You have to think outside of the box at times. Someone made a nice Cedar Point-like park on the workshop called Cedar Dominion but it's not Cedar Point. Some others started Cedar Point but released them in incomplete states, and built the main midway on the smaller map and in the wrong spot, leaving little room for the back. I started it on a square, but then realized that the midway was too short and couldn't fit Valravn in properly. So I started over this time building the midway on a diagonal, starting at a corner. I think by doing this I can fit the park in. I already was able to fit the length of the midway plus Valravn in and have room for the back of the park. I used coasters and buildings from the workshop and other incomplete Cedar Point parks, but I made the CP & Lake Erie Railroad Funway station myself. Someone made a nice Coasters Drive-In released separately that is in Cedar Dominion. I'm using it in my CP. One thing, though is that I might have to alter the layout of the back of the park slightly to fit everything in. Here is my park so far. Neezy, can I see an overview of your park to see how you're laying it out? Are you building it on a diagonal from corner to corner?

View attachment 123793

Hi Robert K and everyone,

I have excellent news coming "very soon" to Planet Coaster...

I am nearing completion of my Cedar Point recreation and will be sharing pictures/videos and ultimately, the park with the community soon! I have secretly been putting this project together for the past year. With strategic, yet, realistic placing of Cedar Point assets, I was able to fit almost everything within the boundaries we have in Planet Coaster. Stay tuned everyone, a full rendition of Cedar Point is on its way...

I will share how I managed to complete this recreation once I release it. Everything in the park was created by me. No workshop items were used, however, the park will require most of the DLC's (support Frontier!). All coaster blueprints will be shared as well. I detailed the park up to a point where most people can use the recreation without experiencing horrid FPS; therefore, many minor details are intentionally left out of many buildings (limited number of scenery pieces used).

Systems Engineer with CAD experience that loves recreating real world parks :)

WIeHbZw.jpg

W1lLHwH.jpg

R8MYOMZ.jpg

TjSRluK.jpg

Last edited:
I want to see how you managed to fit the entire park in one map from front to back unless you altered the park’s layout.

With the DLC on sale this weekend, could you provide a list of what will be required for the park? With the gondolas added in Classic Rides, I assume that will be one of them, although it's not on sale..

They made the wrong type of gondolas. They are the more modern curved glass ones, but Cedar Point has the older Von Roll type. I would have preferred the older 1970’s type gondolas. Most parks in the US that still have sky rides have the older gondolas, or the colored seats with colored tops. Knoebel’s though has the ski lift type. It’s just a round trip up and down the mountain.

Last edited:
With the DLC on sale this weekend, could you provide a list of what will be required for the park? With the gondolas added in Classic Rides, I assume that will be one of them, although it's not on sale..

They made the wrong type of gondolas. They are the more modern curved glass ones, but Cedar Point has the older Von Roll type. I would have preferred the older 1970’s type gondolas. Most parks in the US that still have sky rides have the older gondolas, or the colored seats with colored tops. Knoebel’s though has the ski lift type. It’s just a round trip up and down the mountain.

I sure will. I'll have to go through and make sure I capture the correct ones. Yes, the latest DLC "Class Rides" will be one of the required DLC's. I already replaced the Ski-lift style chairlift with the newest one. You're correct about the Von Roll type. At least the gondola one we have in the classic DLC is a closer fit.

With Power Tower, I hope we get customizable height added on to tower rides. In the meantime, this is what I did to compensate:

eAUGtVg.jpg
I used a coaster to ensure the height was 240 feet for the drop portion and 300 feet for the overall tower. Don't worry, I am still nearing completion and will release everything (individual blueprints), Sketch map to show how I determined how to fit everything in, and a drop box location to add the images and custom audio (Yes, dragster has all of its sound effects and lights synced!!! and it sounds/looks great - this took forever to get right, but I'm glad everything worked when using display sequencer and display speakers instead of trigger speakers). Millennium and Power Tower also have their light shows in effect as well. RELEASE COMING SOON!! I can't wait until this is public. I am in the back of the park getting things placed and the last step is tweaking management properties, staffing, vendor prices, and guest testing (to ensure there are no broken pathways and see FPS limits).

Computer I am using: Core i7 3770k (overclocked to 4.08ghz), 32gb of ram (I have dozens of Cedar Point reference material, music, videos, etc. open in the background while working on this), GTX 970.

Ok, what ride would be the best fit for Snake River Falls? The new boat ride doesn’t have steep drops and the Cascade doesn’t have water channel drops. The log flume has just narrow channels and logs. We need a boat ride in the game like Snake River Falls and the one at Dorney Park near me called White Water Landing which is identical.

Ok, what ride would be the best fit for Snake River Falls? The new boat ride doesn’t have steep drops and the Cascade doesn’t have water channel drops. The log flume has just narrow channels and logs. We need a boat ride in the game like Snake River Falls and the one at Dorney Park near me called White Water Landing which is identical.

I was excited about the new boat ride and immediately thought of replacing Snake River Falls with it, but since there aren't steep drops and there's a brief pause (even when set to zero), it doesn't fit, I have to use the log flume to compensate. I also used log flume in my Geauga Lake recreation as well for Shipwreck Falls. I hope the devs consider tweaking the wonderful new boat ride to also have steep free falling drops that aren't set to a specific speed.

I think the new boat ride was meant for slow dark rides. Not for giant flume rides. They read our requests but give us the wrong versions of rides like modern glass cabins for the sky ride, no steep drops on boat ride.

Everyone! At last, I am finally planning on releasing a complete recreation of Cedar Point for Planet Coaster...just in time for the holidays! This has been an exhausting project that I've taken breaks from, but I am excited to show everyone how I was able to fit a complete recreation within the park size limits of Planet Coaster. I started this project in April 2018.

Expect release to occur shortly after Thanksgiving! I'm hoping this will become "one" of the most realistic 3-D recreations of Cedar Point ever made and that everyone is pleased with the amount of effort I put into this.

Most of the park soundtrack, including all dragster launch, hydraulic machine revving, announcement sounds were recorded in real life or pulled from public videos and properly linked to their appropriate places in the park. I even choreographed all lighting (including millennium and power tower) to match their real life lighting sequences that were in place this past summer.

If anyone has any suggestions on how I can appropriately share user media (custom photos and ride sounds/tracks) that's linked inside the park, please let me know. I'd love to make sure custom ride media that I placed are included while the community enjoys this recreation.

Robert K, prepare to be amazed!

OFMVqb1.jpg

wH2Es7U.jpg

MSN82py.jpg

VpGuYEj.jpg

HSHsxA5.jpg

xBC1QgC.jpg

yY7YLvK.jpg

3S4FH2R.jpg

I downloaded some other Cedar Point parks but one of them is missing Frontiertown station on the railroad, they made it shorter and the other one is incomplete. There is another Cedar Point with every coaster, etc. but it was shrunk to fit. Did you build it on a diagonal to have a little more room? Looking forward to your version. Did you have to alter parts of the park though to fit everything? Do you have both antique car rides in? I heard a new boat ride is coming next year to the lagoon where Paddlewheel Excursions were. I live near Dorney Park in PA which is owned by Cedar Fair since July 1992. I was at Cedar Point once in 1995. We drove out there and stayed a few days. I rode the Pirate Ride over 20 times which closed by 1997. And the train a few times, and both antique cars and the turnpike which was removed for Valravn. I don't ride fast rides or coasters.

Everyone! At last, I am finally planning on releasing a complete recreation of Cedar Point for Planet Coaster...just in time for the holidays! This has been an exhausting project that I've taken breaks from, but I am excited to show everyone how I was able to fit a complete recreation within the park size limits of Planet Coaster. I started this project in April 2018.

Expect release to occur shortly after Thanksgiving! I'm hoping this will become "one" of the most realistic 3-D recreations of Cedar Point ever made and that everyone is pleased with the amount of effort I put into this.

Most of the park soundtrack, including all dragster launch, hydraulic machine revving, announcement sounds were recorded in real life or pulled from public videos and properly linked to their appropriate places in the park. I even choreographed all lighting (including millennium and power tower) to match their real life lighting sequences that were in place this past summer.

If anyone has any suggestions on how I can appropriately share user media (custom photos and ride sounds/tracks) that's linked inside the park, please let me know. I'd love to make sure custom ride media that I placed are included while the community enjoys this recreation.

Robert K, prepare to be amazed!

OFMVqb1.jpg

wH2Es7U.jpg

MSN82py.jpg

VpGuYEj.jpg

HSHsxA5.jpg

xBC1QgC.jpg

yY7YLvK.jpg

3S4FH2R.jpg

Any word on when this is happening? Very excited!!

Where is the download? You need to put in a steam boat ride in the lagoon because they are bringing back a new boat ride this year where paddlewheel excursions were.

Looking forward to your park, I’m working on a fictional Cedar Fair park set near Charleston, SC. It will be a mix of Cedar Fair parks like Dorney Park and Cedar Point. The entrance will be like Dorney Park but some of the buildings along the main midway will be in different locations. At the far end of the main midway will be Coasters Drive-In and a train ride with two stations. There will be a Morgan hypercoaster called Hyper Force, a twisting wood coaster in the back left corner probably called Bandit, and a B&M inverted in the front called Falcon as well as more coasters and rides. A carousel just inside the main entrance like Dorney Park and Cedar Point.

Top Bottom