Celebrating 35 years of Elite!

I managed to get the retro thargoid from the store. To be honest I don't really like it, but then the price of the bobbleheads is quite steep so 1 arx was quite nice. It was nice that the sidewinder actually got a free paint job though! Anyone checked that one out?

I managed to get the retro thargoid from the store. To be honest I don't really like it, but then the price of the bobbleheads is quite steep so 1 arx was quite nice. It was nice that the sidewinder actually got a free paint job though! Anyone checked that one out?
Sidewinder? Pretty sure it was a Viper MkIII paintjob that suddenly appeared to be free.

Didn't know about the free paint job after completing the tutorial. That's a nice touch too. Hey who knows maybe they'll introduce black Friday arx sale lol everything half price in store, only while stores can be accessed.

Ah, handy to know. Didn't get round to trying the tutorial yet, does the free Sidey PJ need a save wipe (not gonna happen) or does it have a time limit on the offer like, do I have to hurry up and get it done?

[Edit: Still short a handful of black Friday PJs, as long as I can buy ARX with Steam credit?]

Ah, handy to know. Didn't get round to trying the tutorial yet, does the free Sidey PJ need a save wipe (not gonna happen) or does it have a time limit on the offer like, do I have to hurry up and get it done?

[Edit: Still short a handful of black Friday PJs, as long as I can buy ARX with Steam credit?]
No need to reset your save. Don't know if there's a time limit or no.

I don't think there is a time limit, if you go to the livery and scroll through the paint jobs for the sidey it says you own this. Also I never bought it, but I also have a foreign Covas, which is weird.

I can't wait to buy midnight black paint job to my Phantom. Also would be nice to buy tactical ice for my core mining one.
Some of the paint jobs are awesome, I love the Neon ones for the Cobra mk III. But I do think the price range for them are quite steep. When they fix the problem with purchasing arx on the PS store, I will buy some.

Oh.. many fond memories, but three in particular stand out:
1. Frontier - First docking procedure with the computer and hearing "Blue Danube:" begin playing as the ship's auto pilot kicked in on my Amiga 500.
2. Frontier - Realizing those huge mounds of earth/material were my doing due to mining bots I'd left on the surface.
3. Elite Dangerous - Bouncing over a small hill on a snow covered icy planet and realizing that "bump" was actually hiding a 1000+ meter cliff ... The sensation of vertigo was overwhelming for a few moments....

Last edited:
Playing on my C64 with my best friend... I'd pilot, he'd handle the systems... Finally learning how to dock without the landing computer... My first encounter with the "stealth" ship (I'll get you one day, my Pretty)... Such a great game, and so many memories... Happy Anniversary, Elite!!

Top Bottom