Celebration of Early Astronomy 2 -- Expedition

My unladen jump is 54.71. So maybe if I burn off fuel, lose the SRV, use the NS I'm at, and use a prem injection, I might get there.

Can you do a couple of neutron jumps? Outotch DT-O d7-0 -> Outotch XB-S d5-0 -> Outotch SA-U d4-0
Marcuscav, are you a Cav Scout? As in 19D?
vuQiuwsl.jpg

Last edited:
CMDR Rainbird Prionson here, missed the start of the expedition due to health issues, but I'd like to join up along the way if I can.

I can't plot to Outotch SA-U d4-0, guessing that's a range issue as my DBX is at 60.18 / 63.98, but I can reach PMD2009 48 early in Leg 3.

What do you think?

CMDR Rainbird Prionson here, missed the start of the expedition due to health issues, but I'd like to join up along the way if I can.

I can't plot to Outotch SA-U d4-0, guessing that's a range issue as my DBX is at 60.18 / 63.98, but I can reach PMD2009 48 early in Leg 3.

What do you think?

You've got plenty of range to be able to catch up. I'm averaging about 56 right now in my DBX, and I was able to jump all the way into M67 without catching a ride, using neutron stars and only 2 fsd boosts. I can shoot you my path a little later.

What do you think?
You're in luck. My carrier is back in the bubble at Keltim right now to pick up any stragglers that can't make the route to Outotch SA-U d4-0 on their own. It will be there for the next couple of hours at least if you can get aboard during that time! Carrier is named C.E.A Expedition Prime.

That said your range shouldbe fine actually, it's just a really sparse area, so you have to manually plot.

Here are some routes that will work for you: https://1drv.ms/x/s!AuaQ1lvTHzu7jg0BVUindISmXV-W?e=Of2VOO

What do you think?

I shot you a direct message with my route. I was able to system route about half of it, but as I got further in, I had to start making shorter routes to neutron stars or to where I did a FSD injection.

You're in luck. My carrier is back in the bubble at Keltim right now to pick up any stragglers that can't make the route to Outotch SA-U d4-0 on their own. It will be there for the next couple of hours at least if you can get aboard during that time! Carrier is named C.E.A Expedition Prime.

That said your range shouldbe fine actually, it's just a really sparse area, so you have to manually plot.

Here are some routes that will work for you: https://1drv.ms/x/s!AuaQ1lvTHzu7jg0BVUindISmXV-W?e=Of2VOO
Hi Kezika, unfortunately I'm not in the bubble as I made a run for it tonight and got as far as Outotch AG-X E1-0, 544 ly below Outotch SA-U D4-0. Spent an hour or two trying to string enough neutrons together to get there but I'll gladly adopt one of your routes with thanks.

Last edited:
Hi Kezika, tried the 2424Goldie route but the DBX is apparently too heavy to make the 77.29 ly jump from Outoch FX-S d4-0 to Outotch DC-T d4-0. FSD boost level 2 makes the distance, but I get the 'Jump exceeds drive fuel use limit of 5 tons' failure even when I burn the fuel level down to only slightly more than required for the jump. The Distant Suns 3303 route has a 78.6 ly jump which will cause the same problem. At this point I think my best move is to intercept the expedition early in leg 3 after the return from Messier 67.

Hi Kezika, tried the 2424Goldie route but the DBX is apparently too heavy to make the 77.29 ly jump from Outoch FX-S d4-0 to Outotch DC-T d4-0. FSD boost level 2 makes the distance, but I get the 'Jump exceeds drive fuel use limit of 5 tons' failure even when I burn the fuel level down to only slightly more than required for the jump. The Distant Suns 3303 route has a 78.6 ly jump which will cause the same problem. At this point I think my best move is to intercept the expedition early in leg 3 after the return from Messier 67.

You may need to use a level 3 boost. You'll also want to make sure that's your ships "current" jump range as shown in the right-hand panel is greter than whatever half of the jump distance is to ensure that a level 3 boost will make the distance.

Otherwise if you would like I can jump my carrier down to you and give you a ride into Messier 67 after our scheduled mass jumps today. If you'd like to arrange let me know.

Hi Kezika,

Yes I'd really appreciate your going to the trouble of jumping down to collect me. I'm currently in OUTOTCH FX-S D4-0 and happy to wait here for as long as it takes.

Re: the problem with making the jump, it doesn't seem to be a range issue. You can see from the screen capture below that the route is accepted, I have 120.89 LY jump range with boost level 3, and the target system is only 77. 29 LY away:

Elite - Dangerous (CLIENT) 17_06_2020 10_44_27 PM.png

Despite that, when I actually attempt the jump, I get the failure message "frame shift cancelled: jump exceeds drive fuel use limit of 5.00 tons":

Elite - Dangerous (CLIENT) 17_06_2020 10_45_45 PM.png

As far as I can tell from google, this means that the ship's is so heavy that it requires more fuel for the jump than the engine can handle. Cure is apparently to drop some weight but burning down my fuel wasn't enough and I don't have anything else I can get rid of out here. Lucky there are friendly people around who happen to own FCs :) .

Top Bottom