Celebration of Early Astronomy Expedition

My apologies, I didn't see this until too late. The initial mass jumps have already occurred, however there will be others, which I will be updating the second post in this thread with that information as the expedition goes along and will be the first place the information is announced.
No worries, I was able to get the info from discord eventually, but thanks for setting up the forum post for future basecamps and mass jumps.

I've finally made it to the Bubble, sold the data, refreshed my DBX and started the expedition. Now snoring in Betelgeuse system.

See you all in the black!
b7MNGbk.jpg

Last edited:
Since we are still close to the bubble, is it okay to pop-in for repairs, or is it considered bad form? I was planning on holding my carto data until the end.

Since we are still close to the bubble, is it okay to pop-in for repairs, or is it considered bad form? I was planning on holding my carto data until the end.

People break off from expeditions and re-join all the time. Being close to the bubble specifically carries that advantage. I don't think anyone would get annoyed. :)

I think I have a new hobby now. I fly from waypoint to waypoint barely looking at the game and read all info I can find about the "real" systems i visit. Fascinating!

Great job with choosing the waypoints!

FYI to everyone, now that we're getting past Barnard's Loop. If you need outfitting, it's available in both the Seagull and Rosette nebulae. Seagull also has a shipyard, in case you want to transfer entire ships. :)

FYI to everyone, now that we're getting past Barnard's Loop. If you need outfitting, it's available in both the Seagull and Rosette nebulae. Seagull also has a shipyard, in case you want to transfer entire ships. :)
Honestly those are both a bit out of the way for our planned route, although Seagull is indeed the only shipyard south of the Orion Spur, and the last one remotely nearby until we cross the Colonia Highway. But for outfitting near our route, I'd highlight the asteroid base in the Flaming Star nebula coming up, and after that Medusa's Rock in the Crescent Nebula at the end of stage 4.

I mentioned them mainly since the Crab Pulsar was being recommended for some site-seeing, and those are closer. ;) Plus, they're the only ones nearby with outfitting and shipyards. The next one with outfitting after that will probably be the Crescent Nebula.

I mentioned them mainly since the Crab Pulsar was being recommended for some site-seeing, and those are closer. ;) Plus, they're the only ones nearby with outfitting and shipyards. The next one with outfitting after that will probably be the Crescent Nebula.
The Orion Nebula Tourist Center in system PMD2009 48 if I remember correctly has both shipyard and outfitting and is inside the Barnard's Loop area itself.

Also, for the stations you've mentioned in the Seagull and Rosette nebulae,what specific system are those in so I can get them added to this spreadsheet if they aren't already in there?: https://1drv.ms/x/s!AuaQ1lvTHzu7jFc-SWrqnAl7fdvH?e=2o9rr1

Last edited:
Hell Port is in Seagull Sector DL-Y d3
(Seagull Nebula, outfitting + shipyard)

New Beginning is in Rosette Sector CQ-Y d59
(Rosette Nebula, outfitting)

Medusa's Rock is in Crescent Sector GW-W c1-8
(Crescent Nebula, outfitting)

I like this expedition! Normally I'm out in the galaxy, scanning, but not really taking in the scenery, but this route has some great places for screenshots.
On the other hand, most every system is already explored, and I'm accustomed virgin systems. So even though it's just a game, I feel like an old frontiersman going to a city.
Find myself dropping into a 30+ body system that's already tagged, and think "look how busy this shopping mall is."
Drop into an already explored 8 body system and think, "just another strip mall."

Once we get further from the bubble, it'll get easier to find untouched systems. A lot of the paths will still be trampled, but simply arcing your path to the side can be enough to find new systems. By the time we get to V1357 Cygni, there will be a lot more new systems to scan. On the way to the core, a huge bulk will be unexplored. In fact, we'll find a lot as we leave the permit locked area.

Last edited:
I like this expedition! Normally I'm out in the galaxy, scanning, but not really taking in the scenery, but this route has some great places for screenshots.
On the other hand, most every system is already explored, and I'm accustomed virgin systems. So even though it's just a game, I feel like an old frontiersman going to a city.
Find myself dropping into a 30+ body system that's already tagged, and think "look how busy this shopping mall is."
Drop into an already explored 8 body system and think, "just another strip mall."
That should start to get better starting next leg as we'll be starting to head away from the bubble.

Top Bottom