Celebration of Early Astronomy Expedition

A couple months in, and with this being my first expedition outing, I like how it's set up. I'm not having to race to keep up.
In fact, it's enough time for me to angle away from each point, and even visit systems that I had bookmarked-but-not-visited over a year ago.
Now if I could stumble onto one of those GGG's, that are all the rage right now, that would be awesome!

Good evening Commanders. I'm fairly new to all this and fairly overwhelmed with the opportunities for visits, but purely by chance I came across a system called Gordon Cooper - fairly surprised to find very little info about it doing an Elite search through google. Anything else you guys recommend I pop in and see while I'm out here? Loving your work ;)

@space voyager
I should have grabbed a shot in galaxy mode, or bookmarked it

Attachments

• Screenshot_0054.jpg
    Screenshot_0054.jpg
    304.6 KB · Views: 138
  • Screenshot_0055.jpg
    Screenshot_0055.jpg
    229.8 KB · Views: 138
I got to the next meetup system a bit early and thought... Why don't I map an odd moon to leave my mark on the system? I chose the most distant moon, went there, mapped it, then I checked where the gathering is. That same moon, so it will be mapped to no end by everyone. :D

Nice choice of gathering place, had to remember how to find coordinates. Being a surveyor helps. ;)

I got to the next meetup system a bit early and thought... Why don't I map an odd moon to leave my mark on the system? I chose the most distant moon, went there, mapped it, then I checked where the gathering is. That same moon, so it will be mapped to no end by everyone. :D

Nice choice of gathering place, had to remember how to find coordinates. Being a surveyor helps. ;)

Heh, I actually have mapping tag on it now, since I was checking out two other nearby real objects I found about GRS 1739-278 and XTE J1748-288 and stopped by Explorer's Anchorage to sell some stuff I found before heading off to check out V4641 Sagitarii

But yeah totally, lets tag the crap out of that system :p

And yeah, switched the basecamp because there wasn't anywhere on A 2 A that would keep G2 itself in view, so we moved to that one for sort of the same reason you picked it. Longest orbiting moon of the longest orbiting body isn't going to be moving the skybox much if at all. :p

Heh, I actually have mapping tag on it now, since I was checking out two other nearby real objects I found about GRS 1739-278 and XTE J1748-288 and stopped by Explorer's Anchorage to sell some stuff I found before heading off to check out V4641 Sagitarii

But yeah totally, lets tag the crap out of that system :p

And yeah, switched the basecamp because there wasn't anywhere on A 2 A that would keep G2 itself in view, so we moved to that one for sort of the same reason you picked it. Longest orbiting moon of the longest orbiting body isn't going to be moving the skybox much if at all. :p

I did travel to B star and mapped the most distant planet, so hopefully I'll get my mark on the meetup place. Also, I'm carrying 5 tons of beer, so there will be free beer before launch! I'll keep my ton and a ton of brandy, but if you're into coffee, that one is reserved for you!

Having some kind of widget that'll direct you straight to the right place helps even more. I recommend EDDiscovery's compass, alternatives are available.
I kinda like searching by coordinates. I wouldn't want to do it all the time, naturally, but now and then it is a nice distraction.

The closer I get to the bubble, the more space madness sets in.
Next stop is QZ Carinae. Made over a billion so far, keep telling myself when I get back I'm going to get a Krait Phantom, learn FA off, and probably grind some fed rank.

I started with a DBX, but I made a side-trip back to the Bubble to acquire a Krait Phantom.

I'm very glad I did.

On the return side and getting ready to be "home" before running out to catch up with the Perseus Reach Expedition.

Just asking as I know many have finished the expedition early to mine for FCs... Is this expedition continuing in its original pace? Dates still valid?

Just asking as I know many have finished the expedition early to mine for FCs... Is this expedition continuing in its original pace? Dates still valid?

Yes, dates are still valid.

Some are flying ahead to get going with mining, but our final leg ends in the bubble/core systems anyhow, and we're on the second to last leg as it is, so it's not much flying ahead at this point of things.

One the date for the end of the final leg (April 26th) we will be having a party for a few hours at the final waypoint (TRAPPIST-1) that everyone is welcome to attend, and it being in the bubble should be easy to attend even for those that flew ahead. EDSM is set as finishing on May 26th as a month of breathing room for stragglers.

Additionally speaking of fleet carriers, I have officially announced Celebration of Early Astronomy 2 over at https://expedition.page.link/Announcement2 so feel free to sign up for that! Our first leg of that expedition will be making use of fleet carriers to allow us to safely return from Messier 67, which is as of this time a one-way trip into. After that we proceed down to 3 Geminorum, the southernmost reachable real world celestial object in the in-game galaxy and then making our way back to the bubble. CEA2 will be shorter than CEA1 as well.

Top Bottom