Cenozoic dlc

I’m personally not interested in prehistoric animals. There’s already games that really focus on keeping these animals ( the Jurassic game) id rather see more current animals than blasts from the past, like maybe marine based animals :)
It doesn't though. It focuses exclusively on dinosaurs. No other prehistoric animals are included in the game.

they should just add it as a dlc. the way i see it 'the more animals, the more fun'. eventually everyone has a choice to either buy it or not. i loved the og zoo tycoons because they just had so many animals.

i would like a prehistoric mammal DLC, but personally wouldn't like a dinosaur one.... if people want dinos, play JWE xD

and for the people who say they wouldn't want the prehistoric animals in the game, if its a DLC, it would be optional, so it wouldn't be in your game if you dont buy it :)

most wildlife park games add in the dino DLC's, but have never really been many for Prehistoric, or extinct animals. Thylacine, Sabertooth, Direwolf, dodo ect ect.
they are usually grouped in with dino DLC and that causes very few to make it into games.

and for the people who say they wouldn't want the prehistoric animals in the game, if its a DLC, it would be optional, so it wouldn't be in your game if you dont buy it :)

Don't buy it is a stupid argument for not having people getting involved in a discussion.
I don't even want the devs to spend time on anything prehistoric, so my arguments count as well.

Sorry but I’m going to disagree. Zoo tycoon, while it was fun, didn’t have much going past the “build a zoo, create habitats and amuse guests” Planet Zoo goes far beyond this. They can always update JWE to have prehistoric mammals, but they don’t belong in a modern zoo game

I agree with Aero-Bubbles on this.

"Don't buy it" is actually a very reasonable argument in regards to prehistoric animals.
Everyone has different things they hope to see in Planet Zoo. Just because 'YOU' personally don't want to see dinosaurs in Planet Zoo doesn't mean everyone who does is wrong. Everyone that's planning to spend money on Planet Zoo has the right to voice their desires when it comes to the content it's going to provide.

I can't say for sure but I'm guessing a lot of the people that are interested in Planet Zoo have played Zoo Tycoon 1 or 2 in their past and "extinct animals" was a beloved expansion in both installments. So it's only natural that there's a group that hopes to see such a feature return in Planet Zoo.

"Don't buy it" is actually a very reasonable argument in regards to prehistoric animals.
Everyone has different things they hope to see in Planet Zoo. Just because 'YOU' personally don't want to see dinosaurs in Planet Zoo doesn't mean everyone who does is wrong. Everyone that's planning to spend money on Planet Zoo has the right to voice their desires when it comes to the content it's going to provide.

I can't say for sure but I'm guessing a lot of the people that are interested in Planet Zoo have played Zoo Tycoon 1 or 2 in their past and "extinct animals" was a beloved expansion in both installments. So it's only natural that there's a group that hopes to see such a feature return in Planet Zoo.

Don't buy it is not a reasonable argument.
But like you said we all have the right to voice our desires. Which is exactly the thing I and others do here. And my "competitors" do this as well.
Then someone replies: "don't buy it". Is that how discussions are won today? (n)

ps. I never said anybody here is wrong with suggesting something like this....

Last edited:
Ah sorry I didn’t necessarily meant you specifically but more the general kind of messages I come across regarding this topic.
Obviously just saying “don’t buy it” is useless. However, the core message behind it is valid: You’re not obligated to spend money on something that has no added value to you. Then again, people that do want it have every right to fight for it.

Personally I am indifferent about it. Whether they add extinct animals at some point or not is both fine to me.

• Like (+1)
Reactions: LN
Regardless, I don’t see why the devs would waste time with prehistoric animals? Like we have millions of living animals today that can be a part of a zoo. They should focus on animals alive today, educating people on these species and why we need to protect them.

This isn’t zoo tycoon, it’s planet zoo, and imho we don’t need to have animals that no longer exist. There are literally dozens of games involving Dinos now, I don’t see why we can’t leave them out, honestly they don’t need to be in every game.

i personally would like a dlc with animals that went extinct mayb 50-100 years ago (mayb longer or shorter) as there is still alot of information about these animals. no dinosaurs tho, i agree on the fact that dinosaurs is JWE not Planet Zoo.

Sorry but I’m going to disagree. Zoo tycoon, while it was fun, didn’t have much going past the “build a zoo, create habitats and amuse guests” Planet Zoo goes far beyond this. They can always update JWE to have prehistoric mammals, but they don’t belong in a modern zoo game
Won't happen. Frontier have already said many times that they are focusing on dinosaurs only. Prehistoric mammals won't be added to that game since they don't fit the theme. Hence why it would be interesting if there were added here.
Regardless, I don’t see why the devs would waste time with prehistoric animals? Like we have millions of living animals today that can be a part of a zoo. They should focus on animals alive today, educating people on these species and why we need to protect them.

This isn’t zoo tycoon, it’s planet zoo, and imho we don’t need to have animals that no longer exist. There are literally dozens of games involving Dinos now, I don’t see why we can’t leave them out, honestly they don’t need to be in every game.
Because games can cater to different groups of people. Because the natural world has wonderful variety both extant and extinct. Because some people (like myself) might not buy the game if no extinct animals are included.

Though I can appreciate the argument of it costing development time that could be used elsewhere. If you have no interest in a particular DLC it could feel like wasted time. But games are not made for a single person. And of course the creators of the game have their own vision for the game. If that does not include prehistoric animals, then that's fine. But it would mean that the game won't cater to a particular group of players. Whether that's good or bad depends on the point of view I guess.

I for one at least would love to see any extinct animals. Be it dinosaurs, prehistoric mammals, recently extinct animals or others.

• Like (+1)
Reactions: xTo
[/QUOTE
Because games can cater to different groups of people. Because the natural world has wonderful variety both extant and extinct. Because some people (like myself) might not buy the game if no extinct animals are included.

Though I can appreciate the argument of it costing development time that could be used elsewhere. If you have no interest in a particular DLC it could feel like wasted time. But games are not made for a single person. And of course the creators of the game have their own vision for the game. If that does not include prehistoric animals, then that's fine. But it would mean that the game won't cater to a particular group of players. Whether that's good or bad depends on the point of view I guess.

I for one at least would love to see any extinct animals. Be it dinosaurs, prehistoric mammals, recently extinct animals or others.
[/QUOTE]

Sorry, but the majority of people from what I have seen do not want prehistoric animals or animals that lived millions of years ago. People want living animals that are relevant.

Thankfully, I’m pretty sure we will never see these animals in the game. The game is meant to be based of real animals. The developers even went to zoos and other animal parks to get things right, and since there is no way to tell exactly what prehistoric animals did, i highly doubt they will ever appear. It’s meant to teach players about the importance of conservation and protecting the animals we have.
I don’t think frontier will be too bummed out if they lose a sale because you don’t like that they don’t have animals that lived millions of years ago. Maybe this isn’t your game, and there are other games that are better suited to you.

Last edited:
I don't think there really is a majority that does or doesn't want extinct animals. From what I've seen on this forum for the past few week it's a heated debate with supporters on both ends. Even in the Wishlist section there are discussions about wether they should add this or not.

I personally don't really care either way. Dinosaurs or not I'm still going to play this game all the same, it won't change my 'immersion' in the slightest.
However considering this topic sparks so much discussion I think Frontier should add them at some point as DLC. This way they won't be in the base game, giving the people that don't want them a chance to have a fully immersive zoo simulation, while also providing players that do want them the opportunity to buy this feature at a later date.

I personally wouldn't mind extinct animals being added in DLC at all, even if they were Mesozoic dinosaurs. Keep in mind, the dinosaurs in JWE are all designed to be consistent with the movies' 1990s-influenced aesthetic. That's why the raptors and related species don't have feathers, all the theropods have pronated wrists, etc. JWE is a game set in the JP/W cinematic universe first and foremost. If anything, a dinosaur DLC for Planet Zoo would give Frontier the opportunity to model dinosaurs with greater accuracy, since they wouldn't be shackled to the JP/W canon like with JWE.

That said, the likelihood of Frontier making a dinosaur DLC may not be so high, especially if Planet Zoo releases with more polished and engaging gameplay than JWE did back in 2018. I don't know whether the people who licensed the JP/W IP to Frontier would appreciate it if the customers were to flock away from JWE towards a Planet Zoo DLC with more accurate dinosaurs. It would limit the appeal of JWE to the most hardcore JP/W fans.

On the other hand, prehistoric mammals in a DLC wouldn't present this same problem. Many of the popular "Ice Age" species, such as woolly mammoths and their neighbors on the Eurasian and North American steppes and tundra, probably wouldn't appreciate the hot and humid climate of the JP/W isles anyway.

Last edited:
I would like it very much, but I think they would add most likely only Animals that lived up to 500 years ago and maybe some Animals that can be found well preserved in Permafrost. I hope cloning will be very realistic in the Game if they will make this Expansion

Don't take me serious on this one, but do you want to remove some animals from the game, if they get extincted in the next few years?

I think this topic is not so easy to generalize. ;)

PS: I would love a walkthrough Mosquito-Exhibit. xD

• Like (+1)
Reactions: LN
Don't take me serious on this one, but do you want to remove some animals from the game, if they get extincted in the next few years?

It should be turned around. Instead of eventually needing to remove them from the game, we should try to not get them removed from this planet. ;)

I'm fairly positive that we won't be seeing an extinct animals DLC at all. It's not what Frontier is aiming for with this game.

That doesn't even make sense to begin with. ;p

Top Bottom