Cg griefer

Today i got a taste of my first nasty griefer! I was bounty hunting in a Haz with another cmdr in the vicinity and after 20 mins he attack me by surprise i high wake and return after i wing up with 2 others and he was here at the other end of the haz but we eventually met with his new wing member another cmdr jump in and wing with him and all hell break loose he attack all we respond only me and another survive with our hard earn bounty, i return to asked him questions "whats the problem" he reply "no" and weapons speak the rest! I leave cause his ship is clearly pvp with engineer weaponry for such..will they always remain untouchable in a haz and should we just leave?

will they always remain untouchable in a haz and should we just leave?

A player who has a ship built for PvP and regularly engages in PvP is much more likely to win an encounter with someone who does not have a ship engineered for PvP and doesn't regularly engage it. If you still want to do the CG, do it in solo or a private group. If you want a chance of meeting other players you can join the Mobius private group; https://elitepve.com/

It's worth noting though that I think there are some CGs where PvP is permitted; you can check on the forum over there. o7

Sorry to shatter your care-bear illusions, but PvP is always permitted at all CGs.

He meant within Mobius...

For the record, while i only recently joined Mobius and as i understand it, the group used allow PvP exclusively in Combat Zones, however after that limited PvP combat started spilling out of such zones, the group completely banned PvP within it and it's now exclusively a co-op PvE group (which is exactly what most of us want*) :) .

(*Kind of annoyingly though, while everybody i've come across in Mobius has behaved themselves and i've winged up with plenty people, if those that you're winged with happen to be in an "enemy" Powerplay faction, while they'll still be fully in your wing, they'll have a small "enemy" tag in their hud id window.

Which you have to be careful not to jump at and in particular not accidentally engage their fighters because of the silly tag.

Similarly i often have to stop myself mistakenly engaging npc ships with the same tag, because it's easy to mistake for a wanted tag - 95% of us are only in Powerplay factions to unlock upgrades, not because we want to go to "war", so it's a pity that "enemy" tag isn't yellow instead of red for those that care, so the rest of us can ignore it :) .)

Sensible PvP is apart of the game but when people treat Elite like GTA Online than those people can rightfully fly into a black hole and die. So in short don't get mad if someone attacks you in a conflict zone, when you have bounty or if you're being pirated. It's apart of the game so don't cry because you can't always play the way you want. Now if people just rip you out of supercruise just to pop you like a week old zit for no reason get mad. I know it's a double standard but it's still a fine line between being a respectable PvPer and a total D-bag PvPer.

Sensible PvP is apart of the game but when people treat Elite like GTA Online than those people can rightfully fly into a black hole and die. So in short don't get mad if someone attacks you in a conflict zone, when you have bounty or if you're being pirated. It's apart of the game so don't cry because you can't always play the way you want. Now if people just rip you out of supercruise just to pop you like a week old zit for no reason get mad. I know it's a double standard but it's still a fine line between being a respectable PvPer and a total D-bag PvPer.
Yeah i know still in this confrontation i managed to test my total resistance against that ducky thing corvette and the black pearl cutter 3rd time i didn't high wake just trying to supercruise i made it with 30 hull.. Lol.. Still i build my ship with those db in mind my player group is very empty that why i played in open atm after one year its only the second time i met those.. Respectable cmdr... most of the time its like in real life they past by without reply to o7 or some great bh cg wing up.. I guess you have to accept that.well thanks for some advice and for me i will work on my weapons which was the only problem the 3 times.. o7

Killing you for no *apparent* reason is perfectly acceptable, despite what some people will try to tell you.

If you were able to fight some and still hi-wake out, you did just fine.
o7
Consider that a win if you didn't initiate or much less expect the PVP.

Hit me up in game if you ever want to practice 1v1 or wing up.

I gave BH in Open another shot at this CG because I like to wing up with other CMDRs I meet to farm a HazRES together and Mobius was virtually dead.

Didn't take long to encounter the typical crowd in the HazRes, they're usually easily identified: Something like [XYZ] before the shipname, already in a wing of 3 or 4, mostly rails and plasmas fitted, often wanted. One corvette, the others in FDL and challenger. This time they weren't very competent at least, I managed to hold my ground for several minutes in a PvE FDL before I had to high wake out.

Still, they managed to deter me from what I originally indended to do, leaving me with two choices overall: Play their game and fly a loadout viable for PvP, always paranoidly checking other CMDRs for signs of trouble, sometimes fending off attacks or fleeing; or retreat to Solo or PG where I actually can play the way I want. And that's the biggest problem I have with Open mode, that other players can actively shut you down and lock you in a certain playstyle. Granted, a HazRES is a lawless place by definition so the interaction was totally legitimate this time, but I still think the PvP and C&P systems generally need an overhaul (e. g. meaningful and effective sanctions for murder depending on system security level).

But let's not turn this into another one of those threads. I again realized that going to popular spots in Open just isn't for me, which is totally okay, I know I'm generally not the PvP type. I just wish there were some kind of "forced PvE" options availabe without the need for private groups.

I gave BH in Open another shot at this CG because I like to wing up with other CMDRs I meet to farm a HazRES together and Mobius was virtually dead.

Didn't take long to encounter the typical crowd in the HazRes, they're usually easily identified: Something like [XYZ] before the shipname, already in a wing of 3 or 4, mostly rails and plasmas fitted, often wanted. One corvette, the others in FDL and challenger. This time they weren't very competent at least, I managed to hold my ground for several minutes in a PvE FDL before I had to high wake out.

Still, they managed to deter me from what I originally indended to do, leaving me with two choices overall: Play their game and fly a loadout viable for PvP, always paranoidly checking other CMDRs for signs of trouble, sometimes fending off attacks or fleeing; or retreat to Solo or PG where I actually can play the way I want. And that's the biggest problem I have with Open mode, that other players can actively shut you down and lock you in a certain playstyle. Granted, a HazRES is a lawless place by definition so the interaction was totally legitimate this time, but I still think the PvP and C&P systems generally need an overhaul (e. g. meaningful and effective sanctions for murder depending on system security level).

But let's not turn this into another one of those threads. I again realized that going to popular spots in Open just isn't for me, which is totally okay, I know I'm generally not the PvP type. I just wish there were some kind of "forced PvE" options availabe without the need for private groups.

I couldn't agree more
An NPC plays by rules, it is trying to be part of the space simulator we play in, it won't do anything without reason. They will only attack if you are wanted or, if playing the pirate, carrying something of value.
A human player is not limited by these rules and can attack when they want with little consequence.
I went to the cg last thurs, hadn't been to one in a while (been doing BSG stuff), wasn't sure what to expect. As it happened no one was there, have so-called pvpers driven most to PG and solo?

Deleted member 38366

D
Sorry to shatter your care-bear illusions, but PvP is always permitted at all CGs.

He was talking about Mobius PG. Quite obviously, I might note. And no, PvP isn't permitted in this specific PG.
Not surprised though a primitive "carebear" term user is unable to comprehend 3 lines worth of text. Not surprised one bit.

“Authorities in the Kamici system have reported a distressing rise in the number of criminals operating in the area. Reports indicate that these felons are attacking pilots travelling in the system, disrupting trade and generally causing mayhem.

To counter this threat, Kamici Incorporated has placed a kill order on all ships on its wanted list, and has promised to reward pilots who deliver bounty vouchers to Gaiman Port.”

Just so we are all clear here, this is the report from galnet about the CG in Kamici and people here are upset that another cmdr is playing the villain that the CG asks you to destroy and hand in their bounty? If we don’t have stuff going on BGS wise our group will always swing thru and defend pirates that are being unjustly targeted by up start bounty hunters.

Let’s get this out of the way as wel, there is no griefer here. The gentleman or gentlewoman attacked you in a Res site. Perfectly allowed. Also, to address someone that believes it would be wrong for you to be interdicted and killed, again not a griefer considering the above description of the op in Kamici. Just because someone’s play style is different than your own does not make it any less viable.

As for where is everyone Bizor, we talked about this or I at least replied to you before. It had to do entirely with when you were there and the CG you went to. Location, time, and day of the week play a huge factor in how busy a CG is going to be. I’ve had to work that out being a pirate and knowing which CG is going to have actual traders or which will have BH that wil force me to fight them off rather than steal cargo.

No one here was griefed. Some attack you to oppose the CG, some attack cuz your power you’re pledged to, some because mayebe the ship is fed or imp, maybe it’s cuz of the group you are a part of, it can be any of these things. If you want only pve and no chance of pvp then stick to solo or a pg that follows those rules. This is such a frustrating post to read as you clicked open and signed up for anything to happen to you and because someone’s play style is different it’s somehow less important. Ridiculous

Today i got a taste of my first nasty griefer! I was bounty hunting in a Haz with another cmdr in the vicinity and after 20 mins he attack me by surprise i high wake and return after i wing up with 2 others and he was here at the other end of the haz but we eventually met with his new wing member another cmdr jump in and wing with him and all hell break loose he attack all we respond only me and another survive with our hard earn bounty, i return to asked him questions "whats the problem" he reply "no" and weapons speak the rest! I leave cause his ship is clearly pvp with engineer weaponry for such..will they always remain untouchable in a haz and should we just leave?

Ofcourse if you attack someone in this game your a griefer....... :|:|:|

“Authorities in the Kamici system have reported a distressing rise in the number of criminals operating in the area. Reports indicate that these felons are attacking pilots travelling in the system, disrupting trade and generally causing mayhem.

To counter this threat, Kamici Incorporated has placed a kill order on all ships on its wanted list, and has promised to reward pilots who deliver bounty vouchers to Gaiman Port.”

Just so we are all clear here, this is the report from galnet about the CG in Kamici and people here are upset that another cmdr is playing the villain that the CG asks you to destroy and hand in their bounty? If we don’t have stuff going on BGS wise our group will always swing thru and defend pirates that are being unjustly targeted by up start bounty hunters.

Let’s get this out of the way as wel, there is no griefer here. The gentleman or gentlewoman attacked you in a Res site. Perfectly allowed. Also, to address someone that believes it would be wrong for you to be interdicted and killed, again not a griefer considering the above description of the op in Kamici. Just because someone’s play style is different than your own does not make it any less viable.

As for where is everyone Bizor, we talked about this or I at least replied to you before. It had to do entirely with when you were there and the CG you went to. Location, time, and day of the week play a huge factor in how busy a CG is going to be. I’ve had to work that out being a pirate and knowing which CG is going to have actual traders or which will have BH that wil force me to fight them off rather than steal cargo.

No one here was griefed. Some attack you to oppose the CG, some attack cuz your power you’re pledged to, some because mayebe the ship is fed or imp, maybe it’s cuz of the group you are a part of, it can be any of these things. If you want only pve and no chance of pvp then stick to solo or a pg that follows those rules. This is such a frustrating post to read as you clicked open and signed up for anything to happen to you and because someone’s play style is different it’s somehow less important. Ridiculous

possibly so, but there used to be loads of people at cg bounty hunts, they were fun. I was just surprised to find no one there ..all night. Maybe its falling ps4 nunbers (I have no info on this, just a guess) but when I read the OP I thought maybe this is one reason.

possibly so, but there used to be loads of people at cg bounty hunts, they were fun. I was just surprised to find no one there ..all night. Maybe its falling ps4 nunbers (I have no info on this, just a guess) but when I read the OP I thought maybe this is one reason.
Ed also lost players because fdev cant be bothered to sort out combat logging

Well I know this CG has been very busy as was the BH one a few weeks ago. There have been some ps4 specific wars that have drawn a lot of the usual suspects away from the CGs. CGs usually don’t see anyone on that first day and then it’s sparse until Friday evening US time, like 8-9pm. Then thru the weekend stays decently busy. I was at one 3 weeks ago and it turned into a PvP war zone basically, about 26 people instanced together as we had multiple wings dropping on wakes to join the fights.

The last BH CG was only busy the 1 or 2 days tho. Don’t know if that had to do with the res sites being in a different system or not tho.

There are other people on PS4? :D

Lots. Our group has 50 members, Bizors Silver Thrusters group has a lot as well. Then you have numerous other groups out there with a decent amount of people flying for them as well like IHC, COR, SSF, etc etc etc. Ps4 has a decent player base but I always wish there was more, space is vast.

I think it's a combination of both falling PS4 numbers and the fact that there are far more PvPers at the CGs than there used to be (just my anecdotal experience of 3240 hours flight time). I think in the early stages of your journey the CGs are a good way to meet other CMDRs and get some extra cash. Once you've found the groups you like and better ways of making money there needs to be something extra to draw you in (like a cool decal or a global reward).

It's a vicious circle; the less CMDRs there are to hunt the more CMDRs come to CGs to hunt other CMDRs at CGs. All those that don't want to PvP move to solo and PG meaning there are less CMDRs in open and so the circle slowly closes.

Oh and by the way, to be fair to Un1k0rn he gave me some rep for my post; I think that was his way of saying "whoops, my bad" so don't be too hard on him eh?

I don’t think it’s necessarily more are retreating to solo/pg in fact I think the opposite has been happening as more that were maybe less inclined to click open have begun doing so. I’d say drop in player count has been more related to FDev and this game being out a year. Player numbers on console always start to decline in regards to consoles as they launch new games and people go from game to game combined with ED being a niche game. We have seen our number of active users decline because of summer and when games like far cry came out.

Also consider this seasons set of updates has so far been rather disappointing for most. The launch of new ships has brought some back onto the game for a week and then they don’t come back. This season was suppose to address bugs and QOL but has it really done that? I mean we still have bugs that persist for at least 9 months. SRV big, NPC powerplant bug, issues dropping on a wingmate, etc. Then consider that a decent amount of our player base is playin NMS that has actual gameplay when flying from station to station and doesn’t force you to find something to do in the meantime. I’ve seen lots of those in my friends list jump to that game.

Top Bottom