CG predictions...

Its more like for example if the weapon went off, and killed people close to the epicenter on the station. Would sacrificing a thousand lives be worth it? Would people so readily toss life aside to win? What if the Thargoids were winning and pushing us back, how desperate would we be and how much would we sacrifice? You could have a really compelling narrative going on, with actual choices and consequences but it just never happens. Its also annoying because the supposedly 'grown up' players have never had to face a real Kobayashi Maru situation and although decry others they simultaneously abuse anarchy systems 'as not to be naughty' (even though they are).
Sounds great if there is actual choice. But do you trust Fdev to do that?

An Heir for Hadrian Duval​

21 SEP 3307
Lady Astrid Minerva-Duval, wife of Hadrian Augustus Duval, has confirmed that she is expecting a child in December.
The story was broken by the Paresa News Network:
“Lady Astrid was visibly overjoyed as she told us of her pregnancy, and of Hadrian’s excitement at being a father. Her only complaint was that she’s no longer allowed to fly support missions for Nova Imperium. Once a Commander, always a Commander!”
Mainstream media channels also commented on the news.
The Imperial Herald: “This has caused tangible ripples of unease in the Senate. Since neither Emperor Arissa Lavigny-Duval nor Princess Aisling Duval have heirs, Hadrian’s claim to the throne will be strengthened if he alone ensures that the Duval bloodline continues.”
Eye on Achenar: “Who cares about the spawn of Emperor Hengist’s illegitimate grandson? The NMLA may have assassinated much of the Imperial Family, but this outcast boy is still a footnote in their noble history.”
Vox Galactica: “Despite his unofficial status, Hadrian Duval has many silent supporters within the Empire. His isolationist stance appeals to nostalgic citizens, as does returning to the tradition of male Emperors. Should Hadrian have a son, he may feel empowered to seek his birthright more forcefully.”

Vox Galactica: “Despite his unofficial status, Hadrian Duval has many silent supporters within the Empire. His isolationist stance appeals to nostalgic citizens, as does returning to the tradition of male Emperors. Should Hadrian have a son, he may feel empowered to seek his birthright more forcefully.”
As much as Hadrian could be an interesting Emperor, I just don't see him as the type to start a war over this. Wouldn't it be more likely for Arissa to die, and then he put himself as the next candidate for Emperor?

Do you mean that Arisu will die urgently, but only after the birth of the child?
A couple more moves and voila, Hadrian Regent, with a young son, if there is a son. This will be the only way out with the impending war in the Empire for the throne, in the event of a sudden death, the disappearance of Arissa.

Well if Arissa is dead or incapable of being Empz it sets up an interesting tussle between Aisling and Hadrian- both have claims and having a male heir would be handy leverage with traditionalists.

Btw, am I the only one who thinks of this guy (visually) whenever Hadrian Duval is mentioned?

lS81a2R.jpeg

SALVATION TAKES CREDIT FOR REPELLING THARGOIDS​

22 SEP 3307
The anonymous ‘man of science’ Salvation has claimed responsibility for the Thargoids’ unexplained departure from the Cornsar system.
Salvation had predicted their attack, but his claim was discounted by Aegis and other authorities. After a few days the Thargoid vessels fled abruptly, leaving behind wreckages across the system.
The following message was transmitted on public channels:
“This is Salvation. The Thargoid invasion of Cornsar has now been repulsed, thanks to prototype anti-xeno weaponry that I have been developing for some time. I have achieved what Aegis could not – an effective deterrent against the alien threat.”
“Refinement of this weapon is at a critical stage, so I cannot reveal any details. I only regret that my warning was not heeded in time to save everyone on the two starports.”
“This triumph was only possible thanks to those loyal pilots who answered my call. Rewards will shortly be available from the Bright Sentinel megaship in the Mbooni system.”
Salvation’s identity and capabilities remain unknown, but he has established a reputation as a rival to Aegis. He is also knowledgeable about Azimuth Biochemicals, a research company connected to the earliest recorded encounters with Guardian and Thargoid artefacts.

So we have a CZ stream planned for CG night and EDO just had CZ rebalance to make Ship and SRVs no longer GOD mode in EDO CZ...

So all this points to a CZ activity, so Fdev will do the exact opposite and have an exploration CG instead then and we can win DBX paint jobs...

So we have a CZ stream planned for CG night and EDO just had CZ rebalance to make Ship and SRVs no longer GOD mode in EDO CZ...

So all this points to a CZ activity, so Fdev will do the exact opposite and have an exploration CG instead then and we can win DBX paint jobs...
Or no CG and more plot hunting ;)

Do not say that, that mean VM kietrax logged in for nothing... when there was no need to....
At least that would be a top tier troll, showing Frontier can actually do something, even if it's not the thing we want. And I'm really disappointed you didn't get the 'Plot hunting' joke, as in, hunting for the none existent plot ;)

Top Bottom