CG predictions...

I like the return in this article to something we haven't really seen since FFE - different news organisations reporting on the same event.

It was very effective in FFE for conveying how the superpowers saw themselves and each other, with the transparent and unashamed propaganda of the Herald contrasting with the more subtly-expressed but no weaker editorial line of the Times, and with journals like RIG which were non-partisan but also had very different priorities for what they considered important.

Anyone else confused about the lack of news on GALNET today? I hoped that summit to be at least as entertaining today as it was yesterday. 😏

Cry babies throwing toys out their prams two days in a row na...
One or two crybabies: Yeah, I would agree with you...

But at least a dozen of them, backroom diplomats not included? Yeah, I expected a bit more going on today, maybe in other constellations. Like Denton scolding Winters for supporting the Marlinists, Whyte clashing with Hudson (who if you remember wanted to send the Marlinists back into the Empire) or another chapter of the internal struggle in the Alliance between Mahon and Caine...

I think I'm more interested in what the conference is supposed to be about - surely it can't have a 1 line agenda:

* Can we all please just get along?

Surely they're trying to agree on some actions changes? The only subjects I can think of are:

• Marlinists (though that is about done with, now they have a home, other than Theta 7)
  • Thargoids (though they don't seem to be seen as a threat, they've taken out some ships & megaships, but no stations / planets)
  • Superpower co-operation projects (like Aegis, which is about dead)

Hopefully we'll get more on what they're trying to achieve as things continue - at the moment I guess an Imp-led bounty hunt next week, then Theta 7 blowing up the conference on the 3rd as the diplomacy goes against the Marlinists ...

I reckon FDev won't want their Odyssey thunder stolen on Thursday by titanic happenings in a CG.
Maybe they'll run out of stuff and need more rares?
Maybe they'll order more pewpew because there are still billions of pirates flooding into the system?
I guess we'll see tomorrow.

Oh, new Galnet article ingame...

Guess the Marlinists' First Minister Fairfax just painted a giant target on her back, because what she said there will not sit well with a certain crowd. 🤔

Oh, new Galnet article ingame...

Guess the Marlinists' First Minister Fairfax just painted a giant target on her back, because what she said there will not sit well with a certain crowd. 🤔
Now on the web version :

SUPERPOWERS MAKE PROGRESS AT THE GALACTIC SUMMIT​

Leaders from the Alliance, Empire and Federation have agreed a series of minor treaties at the diplomatic gathering in the Sirius system.
Vox Galactica featured this report from political correspondent Conrad Sterling:
“Following days of heated arguments, temperatures in the conference chamber finally cooled enough for all three superpowers to formalise a raft of agreements. These were ratified in person by Chancellor Blaine, President Hudson and Prime Minister Mahon.”
“The most significant of these treaties is the Cornelius-Lasky Convention, named after its two leading proponents. This requires the Alliance, Empire and Federation to share information on any large-scale threats to civilian populations, including environmental, medical and xenological crises.”
“There has been slow progress on other topics, such as military limitation and border control. Many independent ambassadors are demanding to prioritise debates on the Thargoid issue, and especially the defensive role played by Aegis.”
“Outside the chamber, First Minister Fairfax invited Princess Duval to a small ceremony to honour her late father. Fairfax formally apologised for Prince Harold’s death and condemned the terrorists responsible. Aisling Duval gracefully accepted this, but time will tell if it was an empty gesture or the first step toward Imperial-Marlinist rapprochement.”

Edit: Glad to see we're seeing more about the Agenda (rather than their agendas) as I was noting that as missing earlier :)
Edit2: So - Cornelius-Lasky - presumably Ava Cornelius - Imperial Senator and Federal Congresswoman Kristine Lasky ?

Last edited:
Top Bottom