CG predictions...

Currently 1% complete after 1.5% of the time, so I wouldn't expect any adjustments today ... and by tomorrow it might be a bit late, since it's been designed with symmetric tiers. Of course, they could always add more possible locations for new Kumo bases if it's popular.

Possibly they're expecting it to be a relatively low-impact one?
- sponsor is disliked by most other powers (and to the extent that Mahon is willing to cooperate with him, a dive towards California and Coalsack is a definite provocation)
- no special rewards
- low-profit goods

It'll be an interesting test of whether - in non-parallel CGs - that sort of thing actually makes that much difference.

RP-wise, it's so weird that I love a CG by Delaine.

I really like CGs by Powers. Wish we had more of these, possibly running simultaneously so that it becomes really obvious - Superpower CGs would be the only thing in the week and with huge goals, and when there are Power CGs there would be multiple ones with smaller targets like this.

And starport construction? :love: Working the infrastructure like this would be my main ED activity if it wasn't limited to like a yearly CG.

That system list is pretty interesting - only one system is actually in Delaine space. They'll be finally balancing the Sothis/Ceos abnormality that only had one eligible destination for mission generation. The other rank grinding systems might be at risk...

Last edited:
That system list is pretty interesting - only one system is actually in Delaine space. They'll be finally balancing the Sothis/Ceos abnormality that only had one eligible destination for mission generation. The other rank grinding systems might be at risk...
Or it'll create another Robigo. And regardless, Sothis/Ceos isn't the only place to get Fed rank.....

Sunday for the Trade CG? Maybe earlier.
Edit: Oh wait - there's Friday still to come :) Saturday for Trade CG? Maybe earlier
1618559271024.png

Interesting one - if they add extra tiers will they add extra locations for starports?

With the weekend surge I wouldn't be surprised if it finished late Saturday. I wonder if someone specified "15 million, evenly spaced tiers" meaning "15-30-45-60-75" and whoever set it up misunderstood? The high end of that would still be well below trade CG records while not being an automatic pass.

Meanwhile the bounty CG looks like it might get to 80 billion or so by the end of the week - the lowest of any of them since the rebalance.

Extra tiers for extra locations (or extra services at the new stations?) is probably the fairest way to do it if they want to extend it - otherwise with a day's data they'd basically be exactly picking the tier it reached.

With the weekend surge I wouldn't be surprised if it finished late Saturday. I wonder if someone specified "15 million, evenly spaced tiers" meaning "15-30-45-60-75" and whoever set it up misunderstood? The high end of that would still be well below trade CG records while not being an automatic pass.

Possibly after the last one they wanted to make sure the pirates actually get to Tier 1 or even Tier 5 with little room for error. Theres no counter to this one either, unlike last NMLA one and Jupiter one, its either contribute for or dont take part. And no special module to inflate turnout. And no guarantee that traders would help the pirates especially if people think gankers and griefers will have a base near some 'soft' targets and use it in future to attack them. (I know FCs negate that anyway but this makes it even easier)

So probably the story depends on it. Colonia one might even be a bonus as people saying its getting full.

Possibly after the last one they wanted to make sure the pirates actually get to Tier 1 or even Tier 5 with little room for error. Theres no counter to this one either, unlike last NMLA one and Jupiter one, its either contribute for or dont take part. And no special module to inflate turnout. And no guarantee that traders would help the pirates especially if people think gankers and griefers will have a base near some 'soft' targets and use it in future to attack them. (I know FCs negate that anyway but this makes it even easier)

So probably the story depends on it. Colonia one might even be a bonus as people saying its getting full.
I'd say as they are stations, they can be taken over, so it doesn't really matter who builds them.

I'd say as they are stations, they can be taken over, so it doesn't really matter who builds them.

I was thinking the opposite too, they could expand and take over nearby systems....highly unlikely I know with probable resistance that would cause. But wondered if all factions (if any) in new systems might be Pirate or Anarchy to make it harder to push them around, especially after Marlinists lost control of their systems to beige corporations and pmfs etc, wondered if protections would be put in place somehow to protect the outcome / lore of the CG as decided by thousands and not let it be overwritten by a handful later on too easily again coz the thousands are doing the next CG or whatever and don't want to do BGS to maintain it.

Well as long as its not 'Steel Majesty bombs prison in hope of freeing Jupiter Rochester' type....

although would tie 2 strands together, leave JR in jail where he belongs :)

I just read the weirdest comment on YT ever...

This got posted under GALNET News Digest's video about the Steel Majesty seeking sanctuary inside the Marlinist colonies:

i rly want the NMLA side of CG's to offer better rewards, make it a conflict of interest towards the other pilots. so far its been one empire victory after another because some believe they are 'right' AND they have the best rewards. what if we took away one of those to see how things really go down

"so far its been one empire victory after another"... m-hm... in which parallel universe? During the whole NMLA-arc the Empire only won two CGs. And one of them was only because FDev gave the Marlinists an almost 1:2 handicap. :unsure:

Last edited:
"so far its been one empire victory after another"... m-hm... in which parallel universe? During the whole NMLA-arc the Empire only won two CGs. And one of them was only because FDev gave the Marlinists an almost 1:2 handicap. :unsure:

"Gracious in victory, humble in defeat" eh? - oh I take it back you're Empire and don't know the meaning of the words ;)

btw most of the Marlinist supporters didn't complain, we just got on with the job and 'lost', thats how it goes sometimes in an MMO where other players may have different views on the subject. The Empire is one of 3, well 2.5 SuperPowers backed by the players, they dont get to auto win just because they dont like losing. Maybe they'd prefer a Single Player game where they are the hero and cant lose?

"Gracious in victory, humble in defeat"
Firstly- yes, that's why we remember about victories, and defeats, so we are able to say, who win more often :)
war CG, where my side is overwhelmed is the best kind of CG "if you are surrounder you can shoot in any direction". Even if I lose ;)

You clearly don't understand his point.
imperial "win ratio" in anty-marlinist CG's is clear statistics, so people complaining on "empire always win" are just funny, and blind. I don't know, where you see imperials complaining on defeats in this post, but ok.
But you can response to question:
In which universe empire have "auto" win in all CG's? I don't see it.
Eurybia? Defeat.
LTT 1935? Defeat (I quess, that author of this weird comment have remembrance of golden fish)
Ackwanda? Victory, but only with power of massive handicap for 1 side. In amount of bonds it was next defat, but ok, handicap, different requirements give imperials victory.
So maybe last CG? After this storyline it wasn't empire vs marlinists CG. After attack on starports of ALL superpowers it was CG marlinists vs whole galaxy.
Even if it was imperial CG it it still something like 50/50, no "victory after victory".
So, we can say, that in whole marlinist storyline we had 4 competing CG's. In absolute numbers (different requirements for tiers are excluding) empire won...1 CG. 1 from 4. 25%. Which was clearly "galaxy vs terrorists", not "empire vs poorly marlinists". Woohoo, empire always win, yeeesss :)
I don't know, who are you, but here, in Empire at least we can read with understanding. And we have math in schools. 25% isn't majority. Even 50% isn't majority. It is..half.
This is really funny, when I see "empire bad", even if some random in random comment under random video lie "empire always win CG's" (it is clearly lie, not fact, now you can blame imperials again, you know, bad imperial guy is rude, when "good guy" lie), and other guy just fixed this lie.

PS: In last CG marlinists have better reward. Enzyme missile is quite more interesting, than long range rail gun. I don't use rails on this distance, and I have mats for synthesis, so sometimes I can resupply ammo without station, so I don't understand complaining on "empire won, cause better reward".

Last edited:
Not unless they did it 3 times in a row..
Empire bounty hunting 590,355,643,989/1,280,000,000,000 (46%)
Fed bounty hunting 725,194,270,691/1,280,000,000,000 (56%)

Current CG
57,496,434,027/1,280,000,000,000 (4%)

Am I the only one who thinks that the person who programmed the CG removed 3 zeros from the deliver goods goal and added to the bounty hunting one by accident?

Almost certainly the future story relied on it.

GalNet restarted after a pause in September last year. Delaine first made an appearance just a few weeks ago at Sirius Conference, months before that was just focussed on the 3 main Superpowers mainly. Now Delaine is building stations? Yeah, not a co-incidence, a story arc is reliant on it. Unfeasibly low targets for Trade due to lack of confidence players would help pirate clan and both verified 'bad guy' ones lost and the last NMLA aligned one didn't even get to Tier 1. They weren't taking any chances with this one at all and 3,300 ish contributors for Trade CG is very low turnout by Saturday evening based off recent regular figures so in some ways they were right to have concerns.

Doesnt make sense that one station costs X and second costs 2X and third costs 3X and so on so all Tiers the same and not increasing so low overall target as well.

Previous ones have given Permits for apparently no real reason then months later stations in those Systems have been bombed so allowed players to help out afterwards without having to get the Permit through normal means.

Anybody else wondering what would have happened if Utopians had hosted the conference? Probably doesnt affect the long term story anyway, if they are due a return to the headlines they will get one anyway but just a thought.

So Li Yong Rui, Antaal and now Delaine...minor / lesser mentioned PP characters have all made an appearance in minor stories. Patreus, Winters, Mahon, the Duvals, Mahon, Hudson all named at least once in various major stories...who's left, Torval & Grom? Will they make an appearance soon and have a CG?

Pattern is major for a few weeks and then a minor, so back to major Fed intel gathering or NMLA or Thargs related then in a few weeks maybe they will pop up in some guise? When / if they are all mentioned they will start linking stories together maybe? Colonia one soon probably either during or after station building.

Major one immediately outstanding is Steel Majesty, active terrorist gets away for weeks seems unlikely without some follow up quickly, the rest can still wait a bit longer.

Almost certainly the future story relied on it.

GalNet restarted after a pause in September last year. Delaine first made an appearance just a few weeks ago at Sirius Conference, months before that was just focussed on the 3 main Superpowers mainly. Now Delaine is building stations? Yeah, not a co-incidence, a story arc is reliant on it. Unfeasibly low targets for Trade due to lack of confidence players would help pirate clan and both verified 'bad guy' ones lost and the last NMLA aligned one didn't even get to Tier 1. They weren't taking any chances with this one at all and 3,300 ish contributors for Trade CG is very low turnout by Saturday evening based off recent regular figures so in some ways they were right to have concerns.

Doesnt make sense that one station costs X and second costs 2X and third costs 3X and so on so all Tiers the same and not increasing so low overall target as well.

Previous ones have given Permits for apparently no real reason then months later stations in those Systems have been bombed so allowed players to help out afterwards without having to get the Permit through normal means.

Anybody else wondering what would have happened if Utopians had hosted the conference? Probably doesnt affect the long term story anyway, if they are due a return to the headlines they will get one anyway but just a thought.

So Li Yong Rui, Antaal and now Delaine...minor / lesser mentioned PP characters have all made an appearance in minor stories. Patreus, Winters, Mahon, the Duvals, Mahon, Hudson all named at least once in various major stories...who's left, Torval & Grom? Will they make an appearance soon and have a CG?

Pattern is major for a few weeks and then a minor, so back to major Fed intel gathering or NMLA or Thargs related then in a few weeks maybe they will pop up in some guise? When / if they are all mentioned they will start linking stories together maybe? Colonia one soon probably either during or after station building.

Major one immediately outstanding is Steel Majesty, active terrorist gets away for weeks seems unlikely without some follow up quickly, the rest can still wait a bit longer.
Torval at least was mentioned as becoming temporal chancellor during the Sirius summit, Grom seems to have been completely forgotten, maybe because he was a player-created power and devs don't know what to do with him? Also, I lost track of him in 2019...errrr, I mean, 3305 when many of his supporters left the game.

Top Bottom