CG predictions...

Yes, but how many of the ones in the top tiers do you realistically think managed to get there without resorting to relogging?
Well yeah, but that's down to the player's foibles as much as fdev.

Previous Data CG: Target set at 320M . Amount achieved around 18M

This Data CG : Target set at 17M. Amount achieved so far 200M

Seems to me fdev looked at the last CG - where it seems no-one bothered to relog (no modules) - and set the targets. This time people decided to relog (ironically not for the modules, but for the money). If they'd stuck to their targets from the earlier CGs, or not offered the module, then probably no-one would have relogged and we'd be looking at 'why do fdev do Data CGs when no-one is bothered?' posts. Nothing much fdev can do about this - sometimes ppl relog, sometimes they don't.

Yes, but how many of the ones in the top tiers do you realistically think managed to get there without resorting to relogging?
Not many - but perhaps "did they have to?" is the more interesting question.

Coming to the CG with full G5 data banks in the four rows which don't need cross-trading would get you 32400 usable G1 materials, so that's (just) top 25% in the Hudson CG, or top 10% (for now) in the Winters CG.

If you were willing to completely zero a full four rows of data banks, you'd get 60000 materials to start with - enough to get top 25% Hudson and top 10% Winters if you split them right. (You could go even further with cross-trading, of course)

After that you start to need to do some work this week to get the supplies. Finding a surface scan mission for 5xMEF isn't that tricky if you have a nice set of allied factions, let's assume you can't usefully stack them to the same planet for efficiency, so you can probably get 20-30 MEF an hour that way, or another 2000 materials an hour to hand in, plus the surface scan and scanning ships on the way picks up a little bit more. Decent, but unlikely to get you as far as top 10% Hudson in the time available unless you constantly do it.

Equally, even if you didn't start with decently-full material banks and were working mostly from zero, you could get comfortably into top 50% with both CGs for an hour of missions a day.

(But certainly the top 10% and even the higher end of top 25% for Hudson would need to go quite a bit faster than that)

Someone posted there were 500K monthly players, so this and las last weeks CG shows that less than 4% will relog / grind even for substantial rewards. About time they did something for the 96% who seem to prefer the gameplay way of doing things.....

Actually 500k accounts that log in at least once per month.
I count to that number with 3 accounts.
And i'm pretty sure there are quite alot that have more than 1 account that is being logged at least once per month.

But even if we talk about unique monthly players, a CG does not seem to be something they would take interest into if they only log in once per month.
Gameplay means something else for each of those players.

You may not consider the occasional relogging as gameplay, but i guess the 700+ people that did got 4 billions out of it, plus another 1000 that got 2+ billions are quite pleased with the results.
Pretty much like killing 500 engineered ships in a PP CZ to maintain PP rank 5 (5000 weekly merits) might sound equally non-gameplay for someone not interested in mindless combat.

You may not consider the occasional relogging as gameplay, but i guess the 700+ people that did got 4 billions out of it, plus another 1000 that got 2+ billions are quite pleased with the results.
Pretty much like killing 500 engineered ships in a PP CZ to maintain PP rank 5 (5000 weekly merits) might sound equally non-gameplay for someone not interested in mindless combat.

Well at least one has said they are burned out and will now take weeks off from the game, and one is looking forward to their new FC so swings and roundabouts, but I doubt any of them would have done it if there was another way, at least 2 regular CG contributors have said they cba with the whole thing in the first place....and the numbers of participants back that up, as did the Guardian one last week..

No matter which way you look at it relogging is not gameplay. It might be almost essential for some play styles or 'need it now' people but its not gameplay by any standard or definition. And if it is essential or the only way then other ways should be made available, gameplay ways as that should be the intention of the game designer to encourage people to try different things in game. So either just stop the relog and force time-sinks on people who dont want time-sinks in their game sold to them as 'blaze your own trail' (bad design) or replace it with better options to get the same result by actually blazing your own trail and doing what you enjoy (good design).

And your second point, thats why you can achieve the same result by delivering PP commodities in Solo, because in an Open World game there should mostly be options on how to achieve the same objective. I did PP the combat way but plenty just buy the extra goods and deliver them in one go coz it suited them not to do mindless combat. I found it mindless too and grindy but I did it as the gameplay option over the 'buy it now' shortcut option, but each to their own.

Id rather wait than 'buy it now' but ED is pretty much my only game and certainly occupies 99% of my 'game time' that I have each week. Id rather it was harder in general and enjoy the slow gradient of improving and upgrading. I dont mind the SC time in a game of LYs and LS and vast distances. I dont grind at all I dont see the point. But the artificial limit of Mats and the fix of re-logging is just terrible and needs something done and not 'buy mats with credits' which just destroys the point.

Ergo whats left as the only option is to increase drastically the amount of Mats handed out across the board on all activities to let players get on with their game. And by drastically I mean one visit fills that one bin.

For those who are interested: The INV Achenar's Courage, the ship Aisling used to travel to Paresa to get Hadrian treated after the assasination attempt on him, is still in system. So she might get involved somehow, though she may not be on board anymore as she visited the Summit in between.

For those who are interested: The INV Achenar's Courage, the ship Aisling used to travel to Paresa to get Hadrian treated after the assasination attempt on him, is still in system. So she might get involved somehow, though she may not be on board anymore as she visited the Summit in between.
So double engineered Prismatics are a go. Only way the Empire will stand a chance in a fight. Unless Hudson throws in a Pacifier maybe. Enhanced low power reinforced 4A Prismatic vs High capacity sturdy Pacifier? How about that?

CG prediction: the fight ends up between Mandu and Peraesii for which of them gets to arrest Hadrian; it turns out after it's done that Aisling quietly smuggled him out on her interdictor at the start of the week.

So double engineered Prismatics are a go. Only way the Empire will stand a chance in a fight. Unless Hudson throws in a Pacifier maybe. Enhanced low power reinforced 4A Prismatic vs High capacity sturdy Pacifier? How about that?
This goes back to the question I asked earlier about whether Hudson actually claims responsibility for the attack.

If he does, it's a Federal attack authorised at the highest level on sovereign Imperial territory, and "not interfering with an open investigation" or not, Blaine/ALD can't let that slide.

If he doesn't, he probably can't hand a set of Pacifiers - or even standard frag cannons with double mods - over to Mandu, without making his deniability too implausible.

Not many - but perhaps "did they have to?" is the more interesting question.

Coming to the CG with full G5 data banks in the four rows which don't need cross-trading would get you 32400 usable G1 materials, so that's (just) top 25% in the Hudson CG, or top 10% (for now) in the Winters CG.

If you were willing to completely zero a full four rows of data banks, you'd get 60000 materials to start with - enough to get top 25% Hudson and top 10% Winters if you split them right. (You could go even further with cross-trading, of course)
[...]
So you're saying we should do the relogging between Community Goals? 😜

"fix re-logging is terrible idea, because without it gathering mats would be too big timesink, and we need even moar materials"
Em. After 1 bounty CG with top 25% I'm nearly full of all important (pinned) manufactured/data mats (ok, not G5, but be honest, we clearly don't need 100 core dynamics stuff, and 20 different, full G5 modules), it even wasn't sitting with collectors and scavenging all scrap, I have all g1-2, and some g3 mats on blacklist), if I haven't some material I can just use mat trader. And each time, when I check local mission board I see a lot of different kind of missions with G5 mats as rewards.
Just saying. Fact, that relog farm is "the best" doesn't mean, that other ways are terrible (maybe are, but in minds of people like "I need all possible stuff by visit this 1 base from 60 known bases only once"). It sounds like "100.000 bucks is terrible, because 1.000.000 is better"
PS:Buff drop rates to level "full bin after 1 visit" is terrible idea too. Because why 1 visit? Just give it us for free.

Last edited:
So... no GALNET article on a Tuesday? That's a bit odd... or are they postponing it until after today's "Supercruise News"?

Also: Anyone else having a black background for yesterday's Galnet article ingame?

For some reason I imagine her to be one of those stereotypical females from 60s films who just stand there and scream instead of actually doing anything useful. Id love to see her in this one taking a Vulture into battle.

PS:Buff drop rates to level "full bin after 1 visit" is terrible idea too. Because why 1 visit?

coz the re-loggers are doing that anyway so it gets rid of that questionable action completely and makes it easier for everyone to play the actual game doing what they want. Possibly save the servers some work verifying all the time as well.

Top Bottom