CG predictions...

Vulture is a Core Dynamics ship, meaning it's Fedneck... as an Imperial she would field an iEagle, an iCourier, a Clipper or a Cutter. 🧐

Of course youre right my mistake, she should definitely fly one that matches her lipstick err handbag err image as an Imperial. But do something actually useful. I know shes written like that deliberately but what is the long term plan apart from ridicule, even the George Washington homage (Cherry Tree / Statue) led to nothing substantial?

Of course youre right my mistake, she should definitely fly one that matches her lipstick err handbag err image as an Imperial. But do something actually useful. I know shes written like that deliberately but what is the long term plan apart from ridicule, even the George Washington homage (Cherry Tree / Statue) led to nothing substantial?
When you see a metallic azure Imperial Courier sporting impenetrable green shields and running triple shard cannons throwing glass at Fednecks, you know you've seen Aisling having enough.

coz the re-loggers are doing that anyway so it gets rid of that questionable action completely and makes it easier for everyone to play the actual game doing what they want. Possibly save the servers some work verifying all the time as well.
How could my style of play, and especially the change of it, make it more easy for everyone to play the game doing what they want ?!
And why do you use "everyone" for your stale arguments ?

How could my style of play, and especially the change of it, make it more easy for everyone to play the game doing what they want ?!
And why do you use "everyone" for your stale arguments ?

What is your 'style of play' and how would it change? I was talking about reloggers not having to relog, Im not sure what you are talking about or what youre objection is?

And everyone would or could obviously benefit if the drop rates were higher, or they could choose the lower drop rate elsewhere, so everyone has a choice, hence the use of the word everyone to mean...everyone.

More easy to play the game they want is self-explanatory. Less time spent gathering Mats or relogging means more time / easier to upgrade and do the activity they want to do which they are gathering Mats for in the first place.

You seem to be arguing for more relogging which cant be what you mean surely?

I'm a bit behind, but it appears things are hotting up for Nova Imperium. I wonder if there will soon be a CG where you see with either the Feds/Empire, or Nova Imperium.

Will be interesting to see which side the 'proper' Imps come down on, for or against Nova. Atm looks like likely to be either a Fed v Nova and Imps stand by, or Imps defend Nova and the system from Fed aggro but still could attack Nova as well if ACT finds something more concrete in terms of evidence. And what will Torval and Hadrian do next? Seems like some kind of Civil War is in the offing at some point....

...so itll be an election CG for Mahon :)

But if we don't relog we have materials from literally...playing, so just stop with narration "firstly you farm money, after it farm rank, after it farm materials, and finally play".

Will be interesting to see which side the 'proper' Imps come down on, for or against Nova. Atm looks like likely to be either a Fed v Nova and Imps stand by, or Imps defend Nova and the system from Fed aggro but still could attack Nova as well if ACT finds something more concrete in terms of evidence. And what will Torval and Hadrian do next? Seems like some kind of Civil War is in the offing at some point....

...so itll be an election CG for Mahon :)
Except knowing Fdev, it'll be a combined effort from the superpowers, so that the CG is guaranteed for them (plus them offering a better reward), and then when Nova is trounced, it'll turn out we've all been bamboozled (well, except for people like me that saw it coming), and then they'll carry on their precious narrative.

I hope that isn't the case, but I can't help but be a pessimist, when looking at Fdevs past record....

cgtiers.png

Here's the tier patterns for the recent Research CGs, plus the previous pair, plus a mining CG just to show a more typical CG.

Despite the big differences in total volume between Hudson and Winters, not that different in terms of shape ... but pretty extreme at the top 10% end, with Hudson setting a new record for how high above the mean that was. Unlike Sirius-Antal, both of these had the far more typical pattern of "top 25%" > "mean"

Also interestingly, in Hudson-Winters, Hudson won and had the higher top 10% ... but in Sirius-Antal, Sirius won but Antal had the higher top 10%.

Give the Imps a double engineered Prismatic as a reward vs a vanilla Fed Dropship and watch the Imps hit T5 in a day :)
Only if it's reinforced/thermal resistant :sneaky:
Well yeah, but that's down to the player's foibles as much as fdev.

Previous Data CG: Target set at 320M . Amount achieved around 18M

This Data CG : Target set at 17M. Amount achieved so far 200M

Seems to me fdev looked at the last CG - where it seems no-one bothered to relog (no modules) - and set the targets. This time people decided to relog (ironically not for the modules, but for the money). If they'd stuck to their targets from the earlier CGs, or not offered the module, then probably no-one would have relogged and we'd be looking at 'why do fdev do Data CGs when no-one is bothered?' posts. Nothing much fdev can do about this - sometimes ppl relog, sometimes they don't.
I think the real frenzy set in when people realized how much money is in this. It got kickstarted by the module, but the real madness set in when FD added the three more tiers.

A federal megaship ready to start exterminating Nova Imperium, because NMLA agents, who have a vested interest in killing Duvals, have claimed Hadrian Duval (funnily enough, a Duval) is complicit in NMLA activity, and therefore should be killed.... and Feds kinds don't have brains so they're like "SURE! WE GO HIT THING WITH THING!"
At least they seem in character for once.....

OK, so looking more into the situation, it seems it might actually be a war between Feds and Imps to decide who gets to wipe out Nova Imperium, with no way to save the faction, if they are actually innocent. Basically, railroading, becuase if Fdev wants to lead us down a false trail, then that's one way they could force us down it, by giving us zero actual choice.

A federal megaship ready to start exterminating Nova Imperium, because NMLA agents, who have a vested interest in killing Duvals, have claimed Hadrian Duval (funnily enough, a Duval) is complicit in NMLA activity, and therefore should be killed.... and Feds kinds don't have brains so they're like "SURE! WE GO HIT THING WITH THING!"
All I read was static. Sorry.
Label on Station in system X changes from A to B, doesn't make a difference.

But here is a good suggestion: Get players to launch torpedoes against a station while other are protecting it!
Defender wins: Station stays!
Attacker wins: Bye bye station! (Either leave a burning station for on foot players to salvage later in Odyssey or remove it completely and leave a spectacular wreck).
Not just more CZ grind.

All I read was static. Sorry.
Label on Station in system X changes from A to B, doesn't make a difference.

But here is a good suggestion: Get players to launch torpedoes against a station while other are protecting it!
Defender wins: Station stays!
Attacker wins: Bye bye station! (Either leave a burning station for on foot players to salvage later in Odyssey or remove it completely and leave a spectacular wreck).
Not just more CZ grind.
It'll impact the narrative to some degree, but if you don't care about that, well, 🤷‍♀️

That said, CZ CGs are an outmoded legacy of mechanics no longer in the game[1] and need to go.

[1] As a clarity point, bonds do count to the outcome of a war, but not exclusively, thus why it's no longer relevant to determine a conflict outcome purely on bonds.

Last edited:
That said, CZ CGs are an outmoded legacy of mechanics no longer in the game[1] and need to go.
I'm not so bothered about the bonds-only thing - on high-4/low-5-figure players, bonds winner and overall score winner are going to be the same anyway. It'd be more interesting to do something else in principle but it probably doesn't matter in practice.

For me the problem is that, as CZ CGs are the most common competitive type, they're the most common demonstration of the "can declare in 4 hours" problem with the competitive model. I don't really know what the solution to that is - a mechanism which scored CZ CGs like a BGS war as "best of 7" would only matter if there was any chance that they wouldn't end up 7-0 every time - but the losing side would need to offer something really good to overcome even a typical 3-1 baseline margin.

Top Bottom