CG predictions...

Antal hasn't been heard from for months but that's pretty normal for him
HARSH.jpg

But interesting observations. Perhaps FD are trying via narrative to separate superpowers from Power leaders, making the areas more distinct?

MAHON: SIRIUS TREATY WOULD SAVE AEGIS​

07 SEP 3307
Prime Minister Edmund Mahon has commented on the Aegis inquiry and his failed proposal to unify anti-xeno operations.
As part of an interview with The Alliance Tribune, he said:
“The greatest regret of my career is that I was unable to formalise the Sirius Treaty at the Galactic Summit. This would have revolutionised Aegis by providing the commitment and resources it deserves, sparing it the indignity of a public inquiry.”
“The Nine Martyrs attacks prevented that historic occasion, of course, but the Sirius Treaty itself remains viable. I’d be happy to ratify it on behalf of the Alliance if we can convince the other signatories that defending humanity from the Thargoid threat should be our utmost priority.”
Investigators continue to gather information regarding Aegis’s operations. There have been further resignations of key staff, and financial records are being independently audited.
Dr Paul Baumann, chair of the board of inquiry, confirmed that charges of criminal negligence could be brought against key figures within Aegis given sufficient evidence. However, there is uncertainty as to which court would deal with legal proceedings for a tri-superpower organisation.

Yeah, defending humanity should be a priority, Mahon. I fail to see how that's connected to giving Aegis more funds to launder.

Yeah, defending humanity should be a priority, Mahon. I fail to see how that's connected to giving Aegis more funds to launder.
Presumably the funding increase will come with actual accountability. Better than Salvation, who has yet to provide proof that he's doing anything to fight the Thargoids and not just adding Guardian artifacts to his personal collection.

Does seem a weird thing to say "Aegis wouldn't have been criminally negligent if we gave them more money" 🤔

Not sure if this makes the threat of a Thargoid attack this week higher or lower : On the one hand it would allow them to push for the Sirius Treaty to be restarted, OTOH it would be very suspicious if Mahon calls for more Anti-Xeno and there is immediately an attack.

Does seem a weird thing to say "Aegis wouldn't have been criminally negligent if we gave them more money" 🤔

Not sure if this makes the threat of a Thargoid attack this week higher or lower : On the one hand it would allow them to push for the Sirius Treaty to be restarted, OTOH it would be very suspicious if Mahon calls for more Anti-Xeno and there is immediately an attack.
Translation: Mahon and his Sirius paymasters are going to provoke the Thargoids in the Witchhead again with something ill-advised, most likely a first attempt to terraform an Ammonia world, and they expect someone else (read: us pilots) to clean up their mess...

Last edited:

Fixing incompetence is expensive, and some of their negligence can be because they didn't have any money. If the funding increase comes with actual accountability and oversight, there won't be as much of a problem.

Presumably the funding increase will come with actual accountability.
Mahon is talking about the current public inquiry as an "indignity" so I think that's a dangerous assumption. I would be skeptical if he was just promising greater transparency, but he's currently going in the opposite direction.

As for Salvation, presumably we're just waiting for Frontier to start the next phase. It would be a bit of an anticlimax if he just vanished from the narrative now. He hasn't done anything to the contrary, like luring and provoking Thargoid attacks like Aegis, at least. We'll see what he does next, though.

Mahon is talking about the current public inquiry as an "indignity" so I think that's a dangerous assumption. I would be skeptical if he was just promising greater transparency, but he's currently going in the opposite direction.

As for Salvation, presumably we're just waiting for Frontier to start the next phase. It would be a bit of an anticlimax if he just vanished from the narrative now. He hasn't done anything to the contrary, like luring and provoking Thargoid attacks like Aegis, at least. We'll see what he does next, though.
Mahon: "Nothing to see here. Everything's fine. But if you could just throw a bit more money AEGIS's way, though, that'd be smashing..."

Unless the Council have a decent module, people will side with the goody goodies as they always do sadly.
CMs were apparently promoting this coming CG on stream as being something special, cool incentives, so who knows. Maybe some triple engineered modules for destroying those evil pirates? ;)

Top Bottom