CG predictions...

Not quite. This CG is already over.
Interestingly, Delaine is not only five times less popular, his supporters are also less determined (3:5).
Huh, I didn't even have the time to participate for either side. I guess the ground CZ is too big an advantage.

Huh, I didn't even have the time to participate for either side. I guess the ground CZ is too big an advantage.
"Over" as in "it is now a foregone conclusion, there is no suspense as to what the result next Thursday will be", as is usual for four hours after the CG starts.

The ground CZ shouldn't be that big an advantage - you can hand in ground combat bonds at a space contact, and repeated Frontline trips to and from the zone are inefficient anyway if you're wanting to maximise fighting time.

"Over" as in "it is now a foregone conclusion, there is no suspense as to what the result next Thursday will be", as is usual for four hours after the CG starts.

The ground CZ shouldn't be that big an advantage - you can hand in ground combat bonds at a space contact, and repeated Frontline trips to and from the zone are inefficient anyway if you're wanting to maximise fighting time.
The whole premise is crazy as well. Archon wants to punish Purple for taking 'his' product and killing loads of people. Hundreds of thousands of people will die by the end of this, so how is killing more going to be any different? FD keep on missing chances to do interesting things.

Why not have a thieving CG where you steal Helix, with an accompanying CG to attack ships? Or a CG where crime and punishment is switched off (like Archons Rank 5) for a week and sucess is how much chaos you can inflict?

CGs died because they became routine and I fear things are going back from the clever ones we had at the start to mundane ones now.

Why not have a thieving CG where you steal Helix, with an accompanying CG to attack ships? Or a CG where crime and punishment is switched off (like Archons Rank 5) for a week and sucess is how much chaos you can inflict?
Because those aren't CG templates that the game has. Fdev don't have infinite dev capacity to make fresh new stuff all the time for the few hundred that will take part.

I wouldn't mind the avoiding CGs completely and doing the events where we just get Dav to report how we're doing a few times through the week, but they do rely more on ppl paying attention, so are less accessible for most players.

And .... you know that 'steal Helix' would be immediately gamed [one CMDR drops it (but retains ownership) and another scoops it (and it gets it marked stolen)]. Almost less fun than Data Grinding CGs ... almost :)

Because those aren't CG templates that the game has. Fdev don't have infinite dev capacity to make fresh new stuff all the time for the few hundred that will take part.

I wouldn't mind the avoiding CGs completely and doing the events where we just get Dav to report how we're doing a few times through the week, but they do rely more on ppl paying attention, so are less accessible for most players.

And .... you know that 'steal Helix' would be immediately gamed [one CMDR drops it (but retains ownership) and another scoops it (and it gets it marked stolen)]. Almost less fun than Data Grinding CGs ... almost :)
Even with limited templates they did much more interesting situations before that actually made sense and were interesting.

In the end FD should at least try to be different, and not fall into the same lazy habits.

Even with limited templates they did much more interesting situations before that actually made sense and were interesting.

In the end FD should at least try to be different, and not fall into the same lazy habits.
Their CGs seem really curtailed by the templates available to them. There's so many metrics that currently exist in the game which just seem opaque to the CG system.

Take for example Massacre missions. They can track quantity and type of NPC destroyed. CG's can't though. It's pretty nuts. Yet another aspect of the game in sore need of attention I guess 🤷‍♀️ Like, if nothing changes, what can we realistically expect out of an Odyssey based CG? A Bounty Hunt? CZ? That's about all I can think of.

EMPIRE MARKS ANNIVERSARY OF NMLA ATTACKS​

10 SEP 3307
A day of mourning has been declared across the Empire to mark the first anniversary of the NMLA’s Imperial starport bombings.
On Thursday the 10th of September 3306, Imperial stations in the Cemiess, Gabjaujis, LHS 4031 and Rabh systems were attacked without warning. Over sixty thousand people were killed and twice as many wounded by powerful explosives that delivered a caustic enzyme payload.
The Neo-Marlinist Liberation Army is an extremist paramilitary group that is dedicated to reforming Marlin Duval’s original republican government. Prior to these bombings, it had only performed minor strikes with low casualties.
The NMLA’s terror campaign grew to encompass all three superpowers with the Nine Martyrs attacks in March 3307. It also led to supporters of Marlinism fleeing from the Empire as refugees, eventually resettling in the Marlinist Colonies.
Princess Aisling Duval paid respects to the victims during a memorial ceremony at her palace on Emerald. She also spoke of her father Prince Harold Duval, who was assassinated by the NMLA shortly after the bombings.
Messages of condolence have been sent by President Zachary Hudson, Prime Minister Edmund Mahon, Imperator Hadrian Augustus Duval and First Minister Octavia Volkov. All vowed to continue contributing resources to ACT, which recently shut down many terrorist cells. Coupled with the loss of its political wing, the NMLA threat may finally be diminishing.

Their CGs seem really curtailed by the templates available to them. There's so many metrics that currently exist in the game which just seem opaque to the CG system.

Take for example Massacre missions. They can track quantity and type of NPC destroyed. CG's can't though. It's pretty nuts. Yet another aspect of the game in sore need of attention I guess 🤷‍♀️ Like, if nothing changes, what can we realistically expect out of an Odyssey based CG? A Bounty Hunt? CZ? That's about all I can think of.
Its like for example, what if Archon Delaine said "I'm going to blow up this station if you don't stop" and that the CG was a scanning one to stop the explosives being delivered? Or that the top twenty / ten people on the opposite CG if they win will get chased by Archons henchmen for a week as 'thanks'? Or that we have a CG where Archons forces try to block escaping cargo megaships stuffed full of Helix?

I get templates are basic, but its a double sin when FD use basic templates in a basic way, especially since they were very clever to begin with.

Its like for example, what if Archon Delaine said "I'm going to blow up this station if you don't stop" and that the CG was a scanning one to stop the explosives being delivered? Or that the top twenty / ten people on the opposite CG if they win will get chased by Archons henchmen for a week as 'thanks'? Or that we have a CG where Archons forces try to block escaping cargo megaships stuffed full of Helix?

I get templates are basic, but its a double sin when FD use basic templates in a basic way, especially since they were very clever to begin with.
I'd love to see asymmetric competitive CGs... For example, instead of the old "Haul X goods, protect haulers from pirates" combo.... how about "Haul X goods", vs "Destroy Traders"... set it in the background so that trade convoys spawn almost every time in supercruise, and count the kills. You could compete them, or even make it asymmetric; high trade volume vs high amount of trader kills = pyhhric victory for the trade faction. Low trade vs high kills = failure, high trade vs low kills = huge success.

I thought the "dev-supported" II's were meant to chop things up like that a bit more.

I'd love to see asymmetric competitive CGs... For example, instead of the old "Haul X goods, protect haulers from pirates" combo.... how about "Haul X goods", vs "Destroy Traders"... set it in the background so that trade convoys spawn almost every time in supercruise, and count the kills. You could compete them, or even make it asymmetric; high trade volume vs high amount of trader kills = pyhhric victory for the trade faction. Low trade vs high kills = failure, high trade vs low kills = huge success.

I thought the "dev-supported" II's were meant to chop things up like that a bit more.
Indeed. A bit of DM'ing goes a long way.

My only wish now is that these new drugs flood into Alliance, indy (and eventually Fed and Imp) space and cause issues so that there is a consequence to it all. I expect though that it will never be that subtle.

No surprise - Kumo Council joins super power by being rofl stomped in a CG.

This all "medical" use of OH reminds me for the story around Rockforth fertilizer.

No surprise - Kumo Council joins super power by being rofl stomped in a CG.

This all "medical" use of OH reminds me for the story around Rockforth fertilizer.

Two weeks time all the Helix Heads are going to be eating each others brains hopefully.

You know, just the other day I was thinking that a kumo-themed CG would be something like "get the absolute biggest price on your head humanly possible, go absolutely ham, seriously, go killcrazy. ATR has been disabled in the system, Notoriety has not.

Set it opposite a bounty-hunting CG. With or without res sites, honestly (res sites allow bounty farming, true, but a haz-res would also provide a steady stream of fragile little miners without any police ships to back them up). Compromise the nav beacon too so that gets turned into a thunderdome.

Top 75% of participants get their bounties with the opposing faction erased at the end of the week. If the crimespree beats the bounty hunt, then everyone gets their bounties cancelled with that faction, top 25% get all their bounties cancelled everywhere.

Let the games begin.

You know, just the other day I was thinking that a kumo-themed CG would be something like "get the absolute biggest price on your head humanly possible, go absolutely ham, seriously, go killcrazy. ATR has been disabled in the system, Notoriety has not.

Set it opposite a bounty-hunting CG. With or without res sites, honestly (res sites allow bounty farming, true, but a haz-res would also provide a steady stream of fragile little miners without any police ships to back them up). Compromise the nav beacon too so that gets turned into a thunderdome.

Top 75% of participants get their bounties with the opposing faction erased at the end of the week. If the crimespree beats the bounty hunt, then everyone gets their bounties cancelled with that faction, top 25% get all their bounties cancelled everywhere.

Let the games begin.
Would be cool, but can be easily cheesed. Take and abandon wing missions to deliver goods, rack up multiple billions in fines, go out and shoot somebody to convert it to a multi billion credit bounty.

The much easier (and prevent the weak from ever getting a good %) is to target authority ships only, and put a massive bonus on ATR kills.

These might be two more of the defecting factions:

• Union of Hanung Tzu Confederacy
  • Wolf 1323 Crimson Energy Systems

I really should write an EDDN listener ... these were from the eddb data dumps, but look like they are recent

These might be two more of the defecting factions:

• Union of Hanung Tzu Confederacy
  • Wolf 1323 Crimson Energy Systems

I really should write an EDDN listener ... these were from the eddb data dumps, but look like they are recent
Yes, both still Federal in a data dump from Sunday morning, so definitely recent changes.

Interesting - a Confederacy and a Corporate. The defections are spreading past just the Democracy factions, then...

It will be interesting to see what happens to Hudson as a power (if anything) with exploited systems becoming indies- he has a 20% security and weapon price reduction (if I recall). The latter is here nor there these days, but the sec part is interesting (albeit mildly).

I wonder where they are going with these 7 defecting factions - I don't see any so far that own any (non-EDO) assets, and the ones in Unktock / Inggale are already in (seemingly normal) BGS conflicts. If they jump a Fed m/s in then won't they also need a m/s for the defectors? Unless it's one of the two undiscovered systems I guess.

I suppose they could be planning something different this time, but a war over secession seems most likely. Unless the AX stream on Thursday is a hint that we're getting a Thargoid attack this week (seems unlikely).

.... and as if they planned it:

SALVATION WARNS OF THARGOID STRIKE​

14 SEP 3307
The anonymous figure known as Salvation claims that Thargoid forces will shortly launch an assault in the Cornsar system.
The following message was received by all major newsfeeds:
“This is Salvation. Authorities in the Cornsar system must evacuate the local population immediately. I believe a Thargoid invasion of the system is imminent.”
“I became aware of this danger while developing a new interstellar xeno-detection network, which will be far superior to Eagle Eye. Although the network is not fully complete, we cannot dismiss this report as a false reading. Cornsar must act now.”
Carter Armstrong, a chief administrator with Aegis, delivered an official statement:
“Aegis cannot validate this claim. There is no indication of a Thargoid presence in the vicinity, and Cornsar is too far from their known territories to be a viable target. As most of our operations are suspended due to the public inquiry, we cannot dedicate any resources to investigate further.”
There was also a response from Marshal Noah Sharrow, who governs the Cornsar system on behalf of the Allied Cornsar Constitution Party:
“We have no interest in the games of one-upmanship between Aegis and Salvation. Nor do we believe for a moment that the Thargoids would go out of their way to harass us.”

Curious.

Cornsar is only 150LY from where the Alexandria was attacked, and on the Pleiades side of the bubble, so I don't see where AEGIS are getting any confidence that it won't be attacked due to being out of range.

Equally they're right that there's nothing obvious that should attract the Thargoids to Cornsar. No Ammonia Worlds, no known prior Thargoid or Guardian or INRA interest. So how many of those Guardian artefacts he collected has Salvation used as bait?

Population 350 million so even in cargo-class there'd be no chance of evacuating any significant proportion in the next two days anyway.

Interestingly, new Independent Communist faction "Xembala" was added to Cornsar sometime between 8th and 12th September. Could be related, could be the unluckiest PMF ever.

Top Bottom