CG predictions...

I don't see any NHSS in system, no local news in stations. Didn't spot the usual Aegis transmitter near either Starport (though they are difficult to spot, and I don't know if they've been used recently). Lots of passengers want to leave, but mainly in First / Business class ...

The line about the network not being complete makes me think he's gonna be in the right area, just not the right system. Maybe a nearby system with ammonia worlds? And then a potential CG to complete the network at some point.

My thoughts exactly. 😄

Sounds like they've built some kind of psi emitter. This totally looks like a setup to discredit Aegis and strengthen their support.
I'd expect there to be evidence of that - like the Transmitters that were luring Thargoids into the bubble under Aegis's watch.

The line about the network not being complete makes me think he's gonna be in the right area, just not the right system. Maybe a nearby system with ammonia worlds? And then a potential CG to complete the network at some point.
Good thought. Nearest AWs to Cornsar, according to Spansh, are
- Guede (24.89 LY)
- Coquessa (27.81 LY)
- Kambila (34.24 LY)
...and then a bunch more over 40 LY

Good thought. Nearest AWs to Cornsar, according to Spansh, are
- Guede (24.89 LY)
- Coquessa (27.81 LY)
- Kambila (34.24 LY)
...and then a bunch more over 40 LY
It could probably be narrowed down a bit by the prescence of a large station to burn, plenty of the nearby ones just have outposts. I might have a snoop around some of them, but I don't expect to find much.

This is looking like a pretty shoddy detection system - only 2 days notice and maybe not even the exact system... Even aegis managed better than that ;)

SALVATION WARNS OF THARGOID STRIKE​

14 SEP 3307
The anonymous figure known as Salvation claims that Thargoid forces will shortly launch an assault in the Cornsar system.
The following message was received by all major newsfeeds:
“This is Salvation. Authorities in the Cornsar system must evacuate the local population immediately. I believe a Thargoid invasion of the system is imminent.”
“I became aware of this danger while developing a new interstellar xeno-detection network, which will be far superior to Eagle Eye. Although the network is not fully complete, we cannot dismiss this report as a false reading. Cornsar must act now.”
Carter Armstrong, a chief administrator with Aegis, delivered an official statement:
“Aegis cannot validate this claim. There is no indication of a Thargoid presence in the vicinity, and Cornsar is too far from their known territories to be a viable target. As most of our operations are suspended due to the public inquiry, we cannot dedicate any resources to investigate further.”
There was also a response from Marshal Noah Sharrow, who governs the Cornsar system on behalf of the Allied Cornsar Constitution Party:
“We have no interest in the games of one-upmanship between Aegis and Salvation. Nor do we believe for a moment that the Thargoids would go out of their way to harass us.”
.... Cornstarch.

Sorry, that's all I can read Cornsar as.... (cool! sounds like a bunch of people gonna die)

This is looking like a pretty shoddy detection system - only 2 days notice and maybe not even the exact system... Even aegis managed better than that ;)
Eagle Eye was 0 days notice. By the time it pointed to a system, Thargoid Scouts were already there. They also didn't broadcast its results, though maybe that was because they realised they'd be ridiculed for warning about an attack on a system only to have the inhabitants say "yeah, we know".

Eagle Eye was 0 days notice. By the time it pointed to a system, Thargoid Scouts were already there. They also didn't broadcast its results, though maybe that was because they realised they'd be ridiculed for warning about an attack on a system only to have the inhabitants say "yeah, we know".
Well, yes and no. Since you had a week and could actually use the scouts to stop the incursion. But anyway, please do carry on trying to teach me how eagle eye worked, we could do with more laughs around here :)

Well, yes and no. Since you had a week and could actually use the scouts to stop the incursion. But anyway, please do carry on trying to teach me how eagle eye worked, we could do with more laughs around here :)
Well, if we're going by the arrival of Scouts, we're still getting more warning since there aren't any Scouts in Cornstarch yet. And if it's just going to be an attack without a week of Scouts beforehand, which is very likely, it's still more warning than Eagle Eye, which hasn't predicted any of the recent attacks or this one, as it says in the article.

These might be two more of the defecting factions:

• Union of Hanung Tzu Confederacy
  • Wolf 1323 Crimson Energy Systems
and the last two are:
Edit: Though ofc these have already flipped to independent, so they can't do the usual 'CG with tiers that decided who defects'. Though they could do one where the feds get to 'persuade' different factions to rejoin.

Edit: Though ofc these have already flipped to independent, so they can't do the usual 'CG with tiers that decided who defects'. Though they could do one where the feds get to 'persuade' different factions to rejoin.
https://community.elitedangerous.com/galnet/23-AUG-3307 claims ~50 / dozens planning to secede, depending on source, so they could do another rerun with some more factions if they wanted. Having established with the above that Corporates and Confederacies are also planning defection ...
- biggest non-PMF Corporate is Kui Xiani Purple Netcoms Network at 26 controlled systems (outlier, but plenty of others at 10ish)
- biggest non-PMF Confederacy is Confederation of Kagutine at 7 controlled systems
...so that could allow a CG to have some noticeable effect again.

I wonder if they'll go for a bit of a change of pace first, though - e.g. have Winters call a vote in Congress to shut down the PDB, and have a CG around that as to whether the Federation wants to change course.

Both Starports hit - a bit new, normally they take one per week

1631777557111.png

Top Bottom