Good morning Fdev.

I have a question and a suggestion.

There are 2 types of player/pvper. Gimballed or fixed.

Now gimballed players normally with a shield or hull tank can get a constant bead on you plinking away whatever shields or hull you have with impunity. The counter to this is the lovely chaff.

Now I run a biweave fdl. And I would say the advantage of this build is that I keep it light and manouverable normally running with fixed weapons.

My opponents are usually running low on ammo by the end of the fight, and I have to fly hard to avoid the fixed weapons. But one thing that stinks of an unfair advantage is the synth time of chaff.

If I'm flying against a skilled opponent there comes to a point in the fight where we start to synth. What I am finding is that it takes a few seconds to synth a bog standard basic ammo reload.

Chaff however takes an eon!

I understand premium should take an eon. But when you're synthing basic chaff it should be on par with ammunition. Just a quick reload and your defences are rearmed.

Give us biweave runners a bit more reward for dropping those mega shields and let us stay that little bit longer against full gimballed loads.

Not only will this encourage more people to try fixed weapons it gives us the chance to let our shields recharge that little bit more.

This won't unbalance the game. To be fair not many people run chaff in PvP and it's a moot point fighting NPCs that seem to chaff forever in anycase.

Much love and looking forward to the feedback.

Cmdr Esquisite.

Defensive modules have the normal timer, offensive are quicker ime. An extended FSD jump will take the same time as chaff (or heatsinks etc), rearming a multi-cannon is much quicker.

There is some internal logic to the existing system (that I don't necessarily agree with) that your suggestion would go against.

Defensive modules have the normal timer, offensive are quicker ime. An extended FSD jump will take the same time as chaff (or heatsinks etc), rearming a multi-cannon is much quicker.

There is some internal logic to the existing system (that I don't necessarily agree with) that your suggestion would go against.

Understand that. But it takes about 5 seconds to rearm a standard multicannon. But about 15 seconds to rearm a standard chaff. This is then cancelled the minute you take a hit.

I think standard synths should be the same across the board.

Gives far more to defensive builds and saves the good old let's boost out of range tactic which sucks.

I agree stuff should be same across the board but if we were to make everything the same everyone would abuse it, and that would just be bad. I'm not saying not to use chaff, just make sure you can run before you start synthesizing.

Top Bottom