Challenge Mode is difficult :(

I am trying to build a park and do not want to use Sandbox mode. I like the idea of managing money, researching rides, etc....however I can't go beyond building a few rides and shops before wasting away all my money and loan money, and I guess not enough people are visiting so that I actually make money every month. I am always negative LOL. Am I doing something wrong?

It's hard to know without more detail, but the new poorly-balanced ride reputation system that Frontier added with the Winter Update sure isn't helping.

I don't know why the ride aging system is being blamed. In harder challenges, the very low peep cap is actually more of an issue than the ride aging system.

Challenge mode became easier post-winter update. Build more scenery and shops, build less rides, take no loans (untill later in the game).

I guess i can help you.

Im playing challenge mode - harder difficulty - atm.

Like in real life - the start is the most difficult part. If you are playing easy or medium you should not have problems at all.

I will give you tips for the harder mode (can be used for every dificulty setting):

1. take all loans (4,5 k) + 2k starting moey -> 6.k - build a coaster (costs about 5 k, with at least 7,3 excitement) and placed down the merry go round
  2. place some scenery to reach at least 70 % queue scenery
  3. pay of 1 loan
  4. pay of the second loan
  5. research the next coaster
  6. place down the origin blueprint for the second coaster (take a loan if you have not enough money
  7. research some family rides and place them + place down 2 shops (cosmic cow and hats or loney bloones) and a toilet
  8. close old rides or get rid of the (place down a diferent ride or the same instead)
  9. dont hire staff at the beginning
  10. hire a mechanic if the wear and tear has lost 15 % and do a inspection (pay only the half loan and fire him after this work has been done)
  11. rides should never break down (important at the beginning)
  12. if you ru nshups pay pay only the quarter of the start salary (you will make profit and if the shop is closed you just reopen it)
  13. move shops during you play (maybe another locatio is making more profit
  14. for some shops (like looney bloones or hats fantastic) it makes sense to have some intervall opening times - that means open it for 5 min, close it for 5 min, because they would not make proft if the would be open all the time due to less peeps in the park (at least in the beginning this can help)
  15. charge for your toilets

I found the same thing. I wanted to start building a proper managed park that looks great with lots of scenery right from the beginning, but am constrained by the pitiful amount of money you start with even with loans. Even though after a few attempts I managed to generate a tiny profit, it wasn't enough to build anything else so I gave up and started a Sandbox.

I wish there was a money cheat so could start off with 50K instead.

I play on Harder mode, I'm up to 40k with about 8 rides now,

How I started!

Get the 1,500 loan, build a wild blue and carasoul. Price of wild blue 17 (and add a main sequence) and carasoul to 6 (and add a main sequence),
make sure you have 100 scenery, if things break down hire a engineer once its fixed fire him and repeat if it keeps happening, them slowly research the family and thrill, rides.

When you hit about 2.5k repay the loan,

Always keep and eye on thoughts about your ride, and when it starts to age, if people say its too expensive, take the hit and just replace the ride with the exactly the same, (you'll easily make back the profit)

I had 3 wild blues at one point, and 2 whirly rigs (if you add 2 more sequences you can charge 10 for these)

Then research a food, drink and gift shop, you'll have about 200 people in your park by now, im in year 3 (I have fastest simulation on)

Keep replacing the rides so they are new and you will make profit every month

Good Luck!

I play on Harder mode, I'm up to 40k with about 8 rides now,

How I started!

Get the 1,500 loan, build a wild blue and carasoul. Price of wild blue 17 (and add a main sequence) and carasoul to 6 (and add a main sequence),
make sure you have 100 scenery, if things break down hire a engineer once its fixed fire him and repeat if it keeps happening, them slowly research the family and thrill, rides.

When you hit about 2.5k repay the loan,

Always keep and eye on thoughts about your ride, and when it starts to age, if people say its too expensive, take the hit and just replace the ride with the exactly the same, (you'll easily make back the profit)

I had 3 wild blues at one point, and 2 whirly rigs (if you add 2 more sequences you can charge 10 for these)

Then research a food, drink and gift shop, you'll have about 200 people in your park by now, im in year 3 (I have fastest simulation on)

Keep replacing the rides so they are new and you will make profit every month

Good Luck!

Months later and still very unsuccessful lol, but I will try this tonight!

The game is only difficult if you don't know how to price your rides. Read this guide on pricing rides and you will suddenly make huge profits even on the harder difficulty of challenge mode. The basic rule of thumb is for every prestige star a ride has you can charge $6, so for a ride with a rating of 2.5 stars you can charge $15

Pricing Guide - http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=877268657

I uploaded a new park I started in challenge mode (on the Harder difficulty setting) the map is only 1 year old and makes lots of profits every month with a park rating of almost 900. I did not make the map to be pretty, its very basic just to get things started so that money is rolling in. If you want you can delete the rides and shops (it only has a few) and start over with about $10,000 in the bank (no loans) and many rides already researched

Workshop Download link for my Challenge Park - http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=888630734

Last edited:
Top Bottom