News Changes Coming to Multi-crew

can someone explain what this even is, because I don't understand. You only 80% of a bounty (or less), no matter what now?

The maximum you could earn as a SLF pilot on someone's crew is 50% of each bounty and that was if you were Elite. Low ranks are a smaller share.

So a harmless CMDR on an Elite CMDR's ship would only earn 5% of each bounty. I tried this with a new player friend of mine and for my 1 million take on a short stint in a RES he got 50k credits. Now, folks didn't find this particular scenario that crazy, he's a harmless commander after all. However, the scale up was very slow, as is seen in Figure 1. Finally, the maximum cap was thought to be too low @ 50%.

These changes put the scale up at a more linear rate and increases the cap to 80%

EDIT/NINJA'd: Helm gets 100% as before.

Last edited:
Nice, even more artificial incentives for people to use Multicrew as the barebones mechanics of the base game don't really justify splitting what little gamplay there is between multiple players.
Guess it's easier to appease the masses with easy credits than develop features with more than one layer of complexity.

Also, is there no-one at the helm who knows where this ship is going? How come barely one week after release we're already talking about changing the progression just because the community asked for more credits? Is there noone at Frontier whose job it is to decide what the pace of progression should be beforehand rather than rely on community feedback?

Last edited:
Nice, even more artificial incentives for people to use Multicrew because the barebones mechanics of the base game don't really justify splitting what little gamplay there is between multiple players.

Eh, say what you will but flying a SLF in a crew or having people fly your SLFs adds a lot to my game. It's fun.

Yeah I'm going to be this guy.

And the month and half beta was for???? How did these not get resolved during beta? Yes there payouts were changed last minute for the worse during the beta but they should have known there was going to be flak. But the helmsman controls should of stood out in the beginning of the beta.

Hi everyone,

Thank you so much for all your feedback across the forums and on social media. We always appreciate your continued passion and support.

We wanted to let you know about some changes that will be coming to Multi-crew.

Two of the changes will be coming as part of a server-side update coming in the next few working days and one other change will arrive as part of the 2.3.1 update.

It’s important to note that the 2.3.1 update isn’t the same as the 2.3.01 update. The 2.3.01 update mentioned here highlights a number of bug fixes that the team have identified and will be making its way in the coming weeks. The 2.3.1 update will include a significant multi-crew update to improve the helms crew mate management and will be coming a series of weeks after 2.3.01. We’ll have more details on the exact dates as development continues.

We’ve got three changes that we’re looking to implement for Multi-Crew.

1 - Pay-out increase (server-side update in the next few working days)

We are tweaking the pay-out reward scheme for Multi-crew. We will be significantly increasing the pay-out for almost all ranks of crew members. It’s easiest to show this in table form that you can see below. The first table shows what the current pay-out scheme is, and the second shows what we’re going to change it to.

View attachment 118831

2 – Rebuy cost reduction (server-side update in the next few working days)

In addition to the changes above, we’re also improving the rebuy reduction for players hosting Multi-crew sessions in their ships. Currently Helm’s rebuy cost is reduced by 25% per crew member on board. We are increasing this pay-out reduction to 30% meaning a fully crewed ship will have its rebuy cost reduced by over half.

3 – Helm safety measures (2.3.1 update coming later)

We’ve been actively listening to feedback from the community and one thing we’ve seen is a number of requests for greater protection for hosts of Multi-crew sessions and improved safety measures. That’s why we’re going to be introducing two new function controls for the role of Helm. The first change will allow Helm to toggle limited access for the Gunner role. When toggled on the Gunner will only be able to use weapons, not utilities (such as shield cells), and only Helm will be able to deploy and retract the ship’s hardpoints. When toggled off the Gunner will have full access as they do now.

The other change will allow Helm to toggle the availability of the Fighter Con role – this will stop people launching fighters until Helm turns the toggle off.

We’d like to take this moment to thank you for your continued support and patience. The development team are working hard to bring the imminent server side update, the 2.3.01 bug fixes and the 2.3.1 point update to Commanders.

Even though I am not into multiplayer multicrew myself, I have followed these multicrew topics quite closely.
Those seem some very desirable changes to me.
Great job.

Hi everyone,

Thank you so much for all your feedback across the forums and on social media. We always appreciate your continued passion and support.

Two of the changes will be coming as part of a server-side update coming in the next few working days and one other change will arrive as part of the 2.3.1 update.

It’s important to note that the 2.3.1 update isn’t the same as the 2.3.01 update. The 2.3.01 update mentioned here highlights a number of bug fixes that the team have identified and will be making its way in the coming weeks. The 2.3.1 update will include a significant multi-crew update to improve the helms crew mate management and will be coming a series of weeks after 2.3.01. We’ll have more details on the exact dates as development continues.

We are tweaking the pay-out reward scheme for Multi-crew. We will be significantly increasing the pay-out for almost all ranks of crew members. It’s easiest to show this in table form that you can see below. The first table shows what the current pay-out scheme is, and the second shows what we’re going to change it to.

View attachment 118831

In addition to the changes above, we’re also improving the rebuy reduction for players hosting Multi-crew sessions in their ships. Currently Helm’s rebuy cost is reduced by 25% per crew member on board. We are increasing this pay-out reduction to 30% meaning a fully crewed ship will have its rebuy cost reduced by over half.

We’ve been actively listening to feedback from the community and one thing we’ve seen is a number of requests for greater protection for hosts of Multi-crew sessions and improved safety measures. That’s why we’re going to be introducing two new function controls for the role of Helm. The first change will allow Helm to toggle limited access for the Gunner role. When toggled on the Gunner will only be able to use weapons, not utilities (such as shield cells), and only Helm will be able to deploy and retract the ship’s hardpoints. When toggled off the Gunner will have full access as they do now.

The other change will allow Helm to toggle the availability of the Fighter Con role – this will stop people launching fighters until Helm turns the toggle off.

We’d like to take this moment to thank you for your continued support and patience. The development team are working hard to bring the imminent server side update, the 2.3.01 bug fixes and the 2.3.1 point update to Commanders.

Excellent news, thanks for the update Ed!

yeah we had a beta and we heard you complain about stuff on literally all other sources but the 10% of the community that posts on the forum said that its okay and it is IMMERSIVE and only the opinion of 50 year olds that dont even play the game because they need to take care of their wife's son matters

:)

Hi everyone,

View attachment 118831

Great Job! Thx Ed and Team :) What a work and dedication! A Big thank you all at FDEV ;)

And the month and half beta was for???? How did these not get resolved during beta? Yes there payouts were changed last minute for the worse during the beta but they should have known there was going to be flak. But the helmsman controls should of stood out in the beginning of the beta.

It appears FDev designs the game by committee. Which is why these decisions always seem to come out later.

As they say, "A camel is a horse designed by committee."

Really liking the gunner limitations, it's been a real problem in open with morons connecting and just firing cells for no reason etc. This should at least reduce the hassle of having a new player coming on board. Also very happy that you can limit their utilities usage etc, as to me It never made sense that a gunner would control those things. :)

Mind getting the K-warrant Scanner where it needs to be too? No gunner requires the use of it, if a gunner needs to open up on rear attacker the last thing he's ever going to do is waste time and effort to scan it.

Trying to understand this, so there's a bounty of 1M credits.
You have a gunner, target destroyed, so the helm gets 1M & the gunner can get up to 800K creds depending on their rank.
Which is a total of 1.8M payout from a 1M bounty?
Where is the extra money coming from?
I'm good at suspending disbelief, but this is pushing it.

Last edited:

Viajero

Volunteer Moderator

To be fair, my guess is the beta population is probably a bit more dedicated and self motivated than the average gamer out there and therefore trolling and such would be much much rarer even as a proportion of beta players. With regards to rewards, remember there was no need to have an in game incentive during Beta since testing and playing with the new shiny toys is often enough.

I reckon both aspects you mention (trolling and reward sweet spot) have a much higher likelihood to be found after beta, than in beta.

Last edited:
To be fair, my guess is the beta population is probably a bit more dedicated and self motivated than the average gamer out there and therefore trolling and such would be much much rarer even as a proportion of beta players. With regards to rewards, remember there was no need to have an in game incentive during Beta since playing with the new toys was enough.

I reckon these both aspects have a much higher likelihood to be found after beta, than in beta.

This is what I was thinking, though I remember people talking about Helm's delegation of utils from an early point. Specifically from some mining folks who didn't want to give up limpet control and would rather their Gunner focus on combat in a RES while Helm focused on prospecting, lasering and collecting.

"yes, we had a beta and we heard you complain about stuff on literally all other sources but the 10% of the community that posts on the forum said that its okay and it is immersive so it's okay!!"

nice censorship by the way

Last edited:
Thanks for the update Ed, and thanks for the changes. Looks to improve things where it counts.

Might I also suggest (assuming it hasn't already been suggested) that instead of looking at just Combat when looking at the Crew Rank could it be a combined percentage of all ranks. I'm advanced in trade and exploration but only a Novice in Combat. I've earned plenty of moolah and have progressed steadily through the ships, so wouldn't be missing key early gameplay by earning a higher payout for multicrew.

Thanks again for all the hard work the team put in. :)

CMDR UnkieSteve

These changes are SO much more realistic than what we have now, and I definitely appreciate them. This makes multi-crew a much more worthwhile endeavor for everyone involved. o7

Trying to understand this, so there's a bounty of 1M credits.
You have a gunner, target destroyed, so the helm gets 1M & the gunner can get up to 800K creds depending on their rank.
Which is a total of 1.8M payout from a 1M bounty?
Where is the extra money coming from?

This. Don't care what the percentages are, but I would like to know who's paying the extra. :)

To be fair, my guess is the beta population is probably a bit more dedicated and self motivated than the average gamer out there and therefore trolling and such would be much much rarer even as a proportion of beta players. With regards to rewards, remember there was no need to have an in game incentive during Beta since testing and playing with the new shiny toys is often enough.

I reckon both aspects you mention (trolling and reward sweet spot) have a much higher likelihood to be found after beta, than in beta.

Hey, some of us were doing our job during beta and channelling our sociopathic inner 4 year olds:

Also, torpedoes are quickly spent.

Evil Gunner attack under development in a kennel near you: join random ship, tell nearby friends, they jump in and commence ganking, you waste expendables, generate heat and shoot empty space. Cheap and salty.

Could we at least see multicrew session outcome stats, wanted status, allegiances of random crew candidates before approving joins?

Top Bottom